gold experts.ca / Ripped off

1 ON, Canada Review updated:

In Nov. 2009 I recieved a gold mailing packet from this co. and was foolish enough to put my gold pieces of jewelry in it and drop it into the mail. They reply that they did not recieve it and are sorry but connot help me! My thoughts are of course ( WHAT THE HELL?) And thats pretty much the end of it! If this company does the same thing to one million people they will make several hundred million dollars! Hmmmmmmmmmmm! Think theres something wrong with this picture, don't you?

Comments

• Al
      12th of Apr, 2010

I've dealt with Gold Experts twice and was very happy with them. Yours must be an isolated case­. According to their terms and conditions, the only reason that they would not be able to help you is if there's no proof that you mailed your package. Do you have your tracking number that shows that you mailed the package? If you don't have any proof that you mailed anything, why would they help you?

Based on my experience, I would recommend Gold Experts without hesitation. They pay a heck of a lot more than another one I tried. Plus, I've submitted a testimonial on their site and can vouch that their testimonials are from real customers.

• Li
      29th of Jul, 2010

I'd like to add to the list of bad experiences with this company.

They charge $30 to get your gold sent back to you if you find their offer too low. This is of course in the fine print.

They seem friendly enough in correspondence, but gave me approximately half of what my package was worth. Told me their scales were more accurate than any local pawn shops or jewelers. Then they sent the gold off to be refined and didn't give me a chance to get my gold back. "Whoops... sorry about that... would you accept $50 for our mistake?" Gee, thanks for ripping me off and trying to make amends.

Anyways... I can do nothing but send ill will to them. I hope they go bankrupt soon.

• Sh
      8th of Sep, 2010

Lid555, I've used gold experts twice and I give them high praise. All gold buyers charge a return fee since they pay to have your items shipped to them and returned to you if you're not happy. This is nothing out of the ordinary. You must have sent them a very small amount because they gave me around 75% market both times I've used them.

If you would have shopped around, you would realize that Gold Experts pays way more money than you can expect at a local jeweller (30-40%).

All the negative comments I've seen for gold buyers are from people who are expecting too much. If you think you're gonna get $500 for a 2 gram ring, you're gonna be disappointed. Be informed before you sell. As for their mistake, well that can happen. At least they compensated you for the trouble. Try to get Cash4Gold

I doubt that they will go bankrupt anytime soon since they just announced that they are expanding overseas. Don't judge a company by a single bad experience. Especially if you have nothing to compare to.

• Sh
      8th of Sep, 2010

Anybody who has anything bad to say about this company is out of their mind. Like the previous poster mentioned, you would realize that their payouts are more than fair if you just shop around to compare! And Cynthia from customer service is great to deal with as she answers all questions I in a timely and polite manner. I haven't a bad thing to say about them. Don't trust the negative reviews!

8th of Sep, 2010

I have difficulty believing that you're talking about the same Gold Experts that I dealt with. I've had a wonderful experience with this company. They seem to be one of the rare gems in the gold buying industry.

• To
      20th of Jul, 2011

They sent me an offer of $200 under what they said they were paying, I have a good scale tested my items and followed their rates online while my gold was sent, IT IS FALSE ADVERTISING TO POST RATES HIGHER THEN THEY PAY!!! STAY AWAY

• Pa
      21st of Aug, 2011

tonkaturbo, gold prices have been fluctuating immensely. It's not normal for the price of gold to go up $300 an ounce in two weeks. Any Gold Buyer would protect themselves against a correction. I have used Gold Experts and often recommend them to family and friends. Everybody seems satisfied and says that they pay the prices on their website (which is around 75% market). I shopped around and nobody comes close.

Any negative experiences with this company must be isolated cases. As Shirley K said, don't trust the negative reviews.

• Si
      20th of Sep, 2011

Gold Experts gave me $1600 for 1troy oz .999fine on $1800 spot they also also gave me $650 on 21 oz 90% coin silver nearly 80% of spot seems prety darn fair to me another place offered $375 for 21 oz .scrap jewelry will get you about 60% 14k jewelry is just over half gold READ!EDUCATE yourself and you will be better off .GOLD EXPERTS 2 thumbs up

• Bh
      8th of May, 2012

I have read numerous complaints about this company and also see online that they don't answer their phones since November 2011. I tried to call and after several minutes on hold music it disconnected. Who would ever send their gold to a company that hides behind a Broken phone. They can send you a dollar if they want and there is nothing you can do because there is no one to call. You should definitely file a complaint with the better business bureau as they claim to have a clean record (I doubt it). And it is obvious to me on all these blogs and boards it is the owner writing them all just under different names trying to protect their reputation. Pretty discusting and unethical people are behind this. As it is said above, I hope they can sleep well knowing all the disloyal and dishonest things they have done to make money. Money and greed really does make people do terrible things.

10th of Aug, 2012

It is now August 10th 2012, the telephone system is still not working, well at least to talk to a live person is impossible??
    Is that not strange in it self? My package tracking number shows my package was delivered on July 19th. I called by telephone
    a few times always cutoff after a couple of seconds?? They do not even seem to bother replying to an email request for basic
    information??? I am starting suspect a have been scammed. Does the tracking number give me any power to go after someone??
    If by surprise my check shows up, they claim a 24 to 48 hour turnaround. I will retract this comment with a positive comment.

11th of Aug, 2012

If this is a complaints board, why are the majority of the above comments happy customers?
    Why would a happy customer even want to comment on a complaints board, totally not logical?
    Obviously the happy people are scammers working for, or are owners of the company.

• Le
      28th of Feb, 2013

I was taken by them too. I sent 7 rings. They sent back 6. One isnt mine (Who's missing a ring???). They kept the 2 most expensive and have melted them down for gold. I asked for my diamonds and pay me for the gold. No answer back. I have contacted the BBB...they dont operate in Quebec. I have contacted the RCMP fraud. I also contacted my local police fraud and my insurance company. Gold Experts broke a contract. I am seeking a lawyer next. DO NOT use this company. They operate out of Quebec for a reason. They have robbed me of 4000. Their phones do not work. They dont answer emails.They take your stuff and shrug their shoulders. "There is nothing we can do." the answer to that is "Yes, you can you just dont want to do it." BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES!

1st of Mar, 2013

A follow up on my AUG. 2012 posts: Even though they admitted the tracking showed the package was delivered. They were going to investigate internally. I never have heard back. I never received even a token amount of compensation. I have never received a statement of regret. They basically did not give a damn, they had my gold they got money for it, and I got Zero. I blame myself, I could have gone to 50 places where you sit face to face to have your jewellery evaluated.
    Anyone who is listening or reading these posts do not send your valuables to these criminals.

• Ki
      22nd of Jul, 2013

Beware, Goldexpert.ca are scammers

14th of Nov, 2013

Anyone reading this might want to note...the vast majority of the NEGATIVE comments on this page come from users that started their accounts quite a time before they posted on this page...and the vast majority of the POSITIVE comments on this page are from users that started their accounts within days (and sometime on the exact same day) of their posting. Next, Google "sock puppet".

14th of Nov, 2013

Huh? I've dealt with these guys 3 times and will happily continue to do so. Like Alexane said, yours must be isolated cases because I vouch for Gold Experts. They're the real deal.

With thousands of packages that must come and go through their offices each year, there's bound to be some lost packages, etc. Hasn't happened to me yet! :)

14th of Nov, 2013

Oops, my last post should have been a thumbs up!

• Me
      21st of Nov, 2013

I totally agree with Stephen Mellor (aug 2012) why would a happy even customer want to comment on a complaints board, totally not logical?

Take this customer above mefor example, Michael Leightonburg. He created profile on the day he posted (ok i also did, but i have a strong trustworthy message) a sleazy positive made-up message about this scam site. Google his surname, and you will see that it's also made up! no record of anyone with that surname...strange!! http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22Leightonburg%22

4th of Jan, 2014

@Metod ?????????

I Googled "Gold Experts" to find their site because I wanted to send my gold to them again. A few results down, I saw the link to this board and was curious to see what people were saying. Since my experience was a good one, I felt obligated to share it. So I created an account and posted my experience on the same day... duh???

That said, I sent them my gold again and had another good experience, like the three other times. It took a few days longer to receive my cheque during the holiday season, but very satisfied nonetheless.

A+++++++

• De
      10th of Mar, 2014

I can't believe I was stupid enough to send my gold to them...I should have checked locally first...I sent in 10grams of 14k gold and 20 grams of 10k gold plus over a pound of silver and they sent a cheque for $217. I know I wasn't going to get rich from the transaction but did not expect it to be that low..I have since gone into a local jeweler and told them what the amount of gold I had and the price they gave me was quite a bit more. I did send the cheque back to goldexperts the day I received it, which was 3 weeks ago and have not yet received my items back...I am so disappointed. I have tried calling and emailing them with no responses from them...I would never recommend them to anyone...I of course am mad at myself for ever doing it...but will have to live with that...and am afraid I will probably never see the stuff back...making it worse is the fact that it was items that my sister and I put together from both our mum and mother in laws...shame shame on the company...and shame on me for falling for it...

disgusted in British Columbia
    Denise Bowes

• Ca
      14th of Jun, 2014

Well I havent sent my gold to them yet but Im glad I found this site. Ive emailed them a couple of times but they have not responded. Also I phoned and I keep getting cut off. Im leary of sending them my gold so if they are reading this site maybe they should fix the problems on theyre site befor they scare off any more potential customers. Sorry but youève just lost a customer here.