Gold Crown Resortsnon-performance

K Review updated:

We "bought" into the 3, 995 special.. a free vacation to Las Vegas, weeee... it's been a year and we haven't even been able to book. Every time I call the dates are "not available".. and the selection that was proposed to be "five star" resorts are not. Is there anyone that has effectively canceled their contract and gotten money back from these scammers?

More Gold Crown Resorts Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• K
      Sep 25, 2009

I have Gold Crown Resorts and I am extremely happy. I do refer a lot of my friends to Gold Crown Resorts. Is the Las Vegas trip from Gold Crown Resorts or the marketing company?

• M
      Apr 17, 2010

We are considering membership in GCR, but it seems quite pricey. How much do others pay for their memberships? (I got the impression that different people get charged different amounts)

• C
      Sep 20, 2010

I had a complimentary week in Mexico that I used just fine and went on a fantastic week to Belize with the company. I have been happy with them and what they provide so far.

• Z
      Jun 10, 2011

I've been a member with GCR for the past few years, and so far I think I've gained more than what I've paid.
    The holidays to northern europe on cruise, uk, bali and recently thailand, has been well worth it and the quality of the resorts I've chosen so far, have been more than impressive especially when I bring my friends along on th 2 bedroom suites accomodation. My wife and I like to travel with close friends on our holidays, and fingers crossed, GCR will keep on delivering!
    Looking to try another cruise next year. I am however looking to sell my Timeshare which I bought some 10 years ago, as I find it's cheaper using GCR than paying the exchange fees etc for my timeshare! But it is a nightmare trying to get rid of it as there's just too many!

• S
      Jul 07, 2012

We bought a GCR membership and found we could get the exact deals, or better on Travelocity or Expedia. That being said, we have request a refund due to misrepresentation, but am not sure if we will have any luck. Has anyone else succeeded to get a refund?

Cheers.

• J
      Aug 07, 2012

My husband and I bought into Gold Crown...put $1000 down and were supposed to make monthly payments charged to our debit card every month...after the presentation they gave 3 days to cancel, but you couldnt get into the web site to see what you bought until after 14 days. Dummy me, I came home from my vacation in Hawaii and logged onto the website. What a rip off. I was told that I could get a real deal on cruises. I found that the cruise prices were cheaper on expedia. The hotels they offer are not 5 star hotels...they seem to be old timeshares that they are renting out a week at a time.
    I know I probably cant get my $1000 down payment back but I have stopped the automatic withdrawals from my bank account. If I have anything to do with it, they wont get another dime from me.

• B
      Nov 11, 2012

Are there any businesses in the US that are legitimate when it comes to dealing with Timeshares? I sat though a presentation with Frontier Wholesale Marketing in Honolulu on Nov. 2nd 2012 and I'm having serious doubts about following though with the deal. They agreed to take care of my Timeshare for me, but, if they don't, I'm still stuck with it and the high maintenance fees. How are you supposed to know who is legitimate and who isn't?
    Basil