Gold Coast International / Credit Card Scam

CA, United States Review updated:
Here is the POLICE REPORT:

I was contacted by a man with a heavy Indian accent who offered me a "free" $300 gas card. He knew my father's name (REMOVED) and at first thought I was him. He proceeded to tell me his name was Alex White, x521 (of a number never provided), and he was calling with "Gold Coast International". He asked if I had a Visa or MasterCard, I said I did (I don't), and he asked me for the expiration date and 16-digit number so he could "generate" my unique pin for the gas card. At this same time I had Googled the fake company and turned up https://www.complaintsboard.com which produced many complaints against a man with an Indian accent asking for credit cards. I fed him a fake expiration date and 16-digit number to which he hung up. He later called back, apologizing profusely for being "disconnected" and told me the card was invalid and I needed to double-check it. I asked him if he had heard of the board, that I was aware of the scam, and I am on the Do-Not-Call List. I hung up with "Have a good day!"
Cl

unknown
Phoenix
Arizona
Phone: unknown

We received a call from this company, and it had all the earmarks of a scam. We were going to get $300 of gas for no apparent reason, and all I had to do was pay a handling charge, using any credit card after I received the gas card. I pressed him about sending a check instead, and he said that was fine as he continued to talk about credit and gift cards as payment for the handling. This was too good to be true, and I hung up. This is also the first time I've entered a complaint like this. This guy was too, too slick and there was no rational reason for my getting this card, as well as nothing for me to justify the free gas. Scam!