Golan Vanlines / Robbed me

United States Review updated:
I hired this company to move my belongings from Boston to New York. They ended up charging me 230% of their estimate, and when I opened my boxes some of my items were broken. The company said they would reimburse me for the items, and it has been a year since it happened. They won't return my calls or emails. They robbed me!
Pa

Comments

Je
  23rd of Apr, 2009
Be very wary of using these guys to move. They came across as very professional leading up to our move which was across the country. Delivered our stuff in a somewhat reasonable time frame with various items damaged which is not that unexpected. But upon submitting our claim for reimbursement for what they broke, the company disappeared. Did not return one of 10's of phone calls, voicemails and emails. They also changed their phone number and the only way we were able to track down their correct new contact details is when they were stupid enough to leave my wife a message by accident, thinking we were one of their subcontractors. A few damaged/missing items is one thing that is relatively common in moves, but their actions following the move were downright criminal. DO NOT USE THESE GUYS.