GoFaxer.com / PaymentOne,Inc. / Slam charges on my phone bill

1 Lebanon, OR, United States Review updated:

My phone bill was unusually high...upon checking why, I found charges for "GoFaxer.com" of $12.95 each for Sept and Oct '08 ...called the 888 number to iquire what services they offered, who ordered this service & was told "someone" ordered it & that they couldn't remove the billing.

We never odered this service, whatever it is, as we have a dedicated separate fax line for our business fax machine in the office next to the house phone.

Called Century Tel /ATT service operations, who listened politely, immediately offered to remove those charges, and better yet, place a non-carrier BLOCK on all the phone lines we subscribe to.

Shame on you Payment One, Inc. & GoFaxer.Com.!!! You are slimy ###.

Thank You Century Tel, you offer good service, are gracious & try to protect your customers.

Va

Comments

• Dd
      1st of Dec, 2008

Slam charges on my phone bill

I had the same problem with Paymentone. But mine was $21.65 for one month. 4 phone calls later I finally reached a human at their Business to Business department. I was told that when I regestered at some site on November 5 2008 that part of the agreement with who ever it was, was that I got a new carrier to my phone. I can't for the life of me remember who it was. But these scam artists at Payment one had my email and knew my secret word. Be careful out there, read the fine print. I guess I didn't read enough.

• Ev
      20th of Jul, 2009

My son has been posted with a $14.95 charge for "Game Download" also at 12:00 am for the past several months on his Century Tel phone bill. 0 minutes and this was from Payment One, Inc. also. Neither of us could figure it out. Just today I decided to research this company and found that we aren't the only ones who've gotten scammed. Will try to call them again and also Century Tel. I can't believe this scam! My son's at work right now. Can't wait to show him this info. He surfs a lot on the net and maybe got scammed because you know how the young people love games! Thanks for this website!