Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. / Defective Refrigerator Supplied

1 India Review updated:

I have purchased a refrigerator Godrej Model Eon newly introduced product on 1st Dec. 2006 from a dealer by name M/s. V.G. PANEERDAS, 100 feet Ring Road, Banashankari III Stage, Bangalore 560 085. Since the date of purchase I observed the defect of collection of water in the vegitable basket and the contents of the basket spoiling. Immedietly I made complaint to the manufacturer and the dealer regarding the problem. Service personnel from the company visited my house & they made some adjustments, Changing of the component took place. It has become a routine visits from the Service personnel. Even a Senior Service personnel visited my house. But the result is Big Zero. Finally they decided to Lift the Unit to their place for Observation. They kept it for almost two months with them. Every time I contact them they use to tell me some reason. After a prolonged discussion they replaced the unit by a new unit. This new unit supplied is also having the same problem as of previous one. The procedure of contacting the company and dealer is continued the same good old procedure of making research on the unit by changing the components started once again. I am fed up with this action from the company. Cooperating with the service people has become a headache for me (Till date the visits of Service personnel may more than 15 times). Even then they are not thinking of withdrawing this model or do some research on the product to rectify the defect. This type of attitude from a reputed company is not fare.

I am making this complaint with an anticipation of proper action from the company to keep the customer satisfied.

Guruprasad.

Comments

• Dr
      10th of Apr, 2008

BLOCK GN
    KOLKATA
    INDIA
    on 27.07.2005
    Our customer code is 93SR4K and the invoice number is L/27079.
    We had a refrigerator problem and so on 07.06.2007 we made an AMC for three years for Rs 1950.
    On 16.06.2007 technician from the company came but provided us with no service. Finally we got the service on 22.06.2007.
    Due to another problem we made a complaint on 07.04.2008 with complaint number 472968. Now we are being told by the company people that our AMC was for a 165 litres single door godrej refrigerator and not for that which we own.
    If the AMC was for the 165 litres single door godrej refrigerator then why did they provide us with the service on 22.06.2007 and not providing us now? Why were we not informed before? We are confused and do not know what to do.
    Please provide us with your service as son as possible.