Goddess Of Hair (www.goddessofhair.com) / Stay away at all costs!

Sheila Matechuk is a fraud and liar and not a master extensionsist which she claims on her website www.goddessofhair.com She is not licensed to cut or style hair and has no training and no experience in hair extensions which she's only been doing for the last year, after working at a hotel in San Jose! Last month, I went to her "home salon" where she put cheap indian hair and super glue in my head, then charged me $1,200. Now my hair is falling out in clumps and I have a rash on my scalp from the glue! She refuses to return my money or at least put new hair in my head with another system. Stay away from this woman at all costs!

Comments

10th of Oct, 2007

Total fraud, has bad experiences with her!

• Mi
      19th of Oct, 2007

You know - I am sure there is more to this then meets the eye!!! I have known Sheila for quite some time and I have to so she is the consummate professional. She is dedicated to her team and to her clients.

As a side note, I believe it is you LW that is not being honest - I have completely and thoroughly gone over the web-site. At no point is there any mention of anyone being a...how did you put it? "not a master extensionsist which she claims on her website " As a matter of fact, the website states that they are a "highly skilled network of extensionist" but at no point does it go into detail about their schooling or licensing credentials.

So I'm guessing its more sour grapes than anything!!! So you either are a fussy overly entitled client or competition (I hope not because that's just bad form).

To everyone out there... Disregard these statements, I find this childish behavior calling names... Not nice!

• Ta
      24th of Apr, 2008

Sheila is FANTASTIC! I have had Great Lengths, Dreamcatchers, etc. and Sheila did the BEST job ever! She TEACHES people how to do these wonderful extensions. Your hair will look wonderful! Sheila is so talented, professional, fast and fair! The hair is human, multi-highlighted, beautiful and she does an individual job that you will love!! You will have a beautiful head of hair that NO ONE will know you have extensions. Sheila is the best. It is awful this lady is lying about her and slandering her. Sheila, you are amazing and I'm so sorry this is happening to you--God Bless!

24th of Apr, 2008

sheila is a fraud

25th of Apr, 2008

I'm not sure why this negative comment was posted about Sheila or Goddess Hair Extensions but I am here to dispel any notion that she is not what she claims to be. Not only have I had undetectable hair extensions applied by Sheila, but it was superior quality work along with the highest quality hair that I have been wearing for the last 3 years.
    Sheila & Goddess Hair Extensions in Santa Clara are the best money I've ever spent on myself!
    Sheila is truly a master & the best in the bay area.
    Chryse Hawes

• Do
      25th of Apr, 2008

I highly recommend Sheila. I am not sure if they have the right person or not. I have had hair extensions from another stylist and I was not happy with the amount paid and the service given. I have been with Sheila twice, have been happy with my services with her. Highly recommended!

26th of Apr, 2008

I googled Sheila & Goddess Extensions so that I could get a gift certificate from her & I was so shocked to see the complaint about her. I only met Sheila once but my mom's been going to her for years and her hair has never looked better! We live in the north bay area, it takes my mom 2 1/2 hours to drive to the south bay where Sheila's located. Do you think my mom would waste her time to make such a long drive (not to mention her money with the price of gas these days), to go to someone who was incompetent or a liar & a fraud? There are plenty of places that do hair extensions that are closer to where we live, but my mom chooses to go to Sheila because of her quality work that just can't be compared to any other hair extensionist around here.
    My mom is not a part of Sheila's photo gallery on her Goddess website because she's a very private person and doesn't want anyone to know that she has hair extensions (no one even suspects that she's wearing them--that's how beautiful & natural her hair looks now) but she is willing to talk with anyone to verify the quality of Sheila's work as well as to speak to Sheila's integrity and character.

• Er
      26th of Apr, 2008

i was looking for someone to do hair extensions & ran across this complaint. after reading all the posts & comments here, it sounds totally bogus. why would you let someone put cheap indian hair & crazy glue on your head & then pay them $1200?

• Mi
      26th of Apr, 2008

I've only been going to Sheila for the last year or so but I can truly say that she is an amazing, caring person who knows her stuff. She did a great job on my hair, adding the loc extensions that have given my own hair a chance to grow. No glue, no cheap Indian hair, & no damage to my own hair.

26th of Apr, 2008

Sheila is not a fraud at all. They do wonderful work and she has helped change my life for the better. After losing my hair to cancer Sheila gave me back my confidence and helped me feel comfortable with myself again. I was one of her scholarship winners and not only did she make me look fantastic she is a very nice and professional person. Any comments about fraud or bad work I believe are not true, my extension look wonderful and ive never been happier!

• Kd
      30th of Apr, 2008

I wanted to post quick comment about Sheila. I have been getting hair from Sheila for over a year and I think she is amazing. She is always really sensitive to issues around hair and she is very creative! I LOVE my hair and no one can tell that it is not all my own. So, I am very grateful to have found her. I would recommend Sheila to anyone!

30th of Apr, 2008

SHEILA IS AMAZING, she gives women and men back their confidence and their lives! She does such a professional job, I went to her for over a year and I keep going back for the amazing experience and love that she puts into her talent, my hair ALWAYS turns out WONDERFUL. I recommend her to others and have even gotten a close friend extensions by Sheila and she has been SO HAPPY for over a year. Please disregard this complaint about her it is 100% UNTRUE!

30th of Apr, 2008

I've been with Sheila for almost 2 years now, and she's really good at what she does. It saddens me that there are people out there who can just lie and defame someone in the name of competition. I've had integrations done and been very happy with the results. Sheila and Eliza are awesome gals and have done what they can for me and I'm very grateful. So far, no one knows this is not my hair and would always comment on how thick my hair is... If it weren't for Sheila, I'd still be distressed over my thinning hair (which I have been for pretty much my whole life before meeting Sheila). Believe me, I would not endorse or support any one if I don't see the results. Please try out Sheila for yourself, then make your own judgment of her work. Don't be too quick to judge because of some nasty comments made. Sheila makes a genuine effort to deliver satisfying results with your hair.

• Ar
      1st of May, 2008

Shiela and her team are awesome. My hair looks great. I plan on keeping hair extensions with her and the team for years to come. I love it and feel much better about myself and the way I look. I highly recommend them to anyone.

1st of May, 2008

I have used Sheila's services and have not had super glue applied to my hair. Who in their right mind would even allow someone to do that to their hair? I think they have Sheila confused for someone else.

I have the loc bead method and it blends so perfectly that no-one can tell that I have extensions. Everyone is really shocked that it is not my own hair. I do not have the ability to grow my hair longer or have it fuller but with Sheila's competitive pricing I am now able to do that. I drive a good ways to be able to use her services.

I know Sheila is a wonderful person and very caring. I know if someone had serious problems she would try to help them out. She is a great business person and a very caring individual. If there is someone out there who did have a problem with her...I wonder...did you even try to discuss it with her to really give her a chance...or are you just to lazy and lame and decided to slam her instead? Hmmm...with so many good comments can this one person really sound real or trusted? I wouldn't believe it! I think this might be a competitor trying to lower their competition. We are real clients responding to Sheila's great services. Try her out you won't regret it.

• Ye
      1st of May, 2008

Hello and I am sorry to see such a horific comments about my first extensionist. I had very good experience with Shiela first and then with her student in Modesto. They use different types of hair and methodes to find one which suite my thin fragile hair the best at no additional cost for me. I really greatfull to Shiela and her company for the expertise and good client care. Don, t get discouraged by people who find happiness in making others unhappy and sad. Shiela your clients love you. Stay strong, keep training girls. My new extensionist on Central Coast just got your rings and like them a lot.
    Yelena.

• Kr
      5th of May, 2008

Sheila has done an outstanding job and is a true artist at what she does. My was short for a long period of time and after I had my son It started falling out, and I went to Sheila and she gave me my long hair back that I missed so much. The confidence I have in myself now feels really nice. Sheila is very profesional but on the same token very comfortable and hospitable. You want to be comfortable with the person that does your hair and we hit it off the first day I met her. I totally trust her. I have a freind in New York who does hair for one of the top hair stylist in this country and also does hair for celebs, like Judge Judy and JLO, she was very impressed by the locks and thought It looked like a job she would have doen. She was very impressed with the hair as well, very high quality.

I think that allegations made towards her are unfair and childish,

6th of May, 2008

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE SHEILA. She is the best extensionist that has EVER worked on my hair. I am African American and was EXTREMLY weary of letting someone Caucasian work on my hair. In fact, before Sheila, I can say there is absolutely NO WAY I would even consider letting someone who does not have hair….let’s say as 'challenging' as mine (okay...basically meaning someone not African American) work on my hair. After having a consultation with Sheila I was a bit more at ease and willing to give it a shot. After all, I was wearing extensions (different method and done by a different stylist) that was very damaging to my hair and experienced major breakage, so how much worse could it get! I am happy to report that Sheila did an excellent job on my hair. I am very pleased with the method Sheila uses. I like her attention to detail in making sure the hair falls properly, is full and has a natural look and feel. I am also very happy to report that my hair is now healthy and after 6 months or so, not only has the breakage stopped, but I have experienced significant growth and thickness in my own hair. I cannot thank Sheila enough for her services :-)

• Fa
      9th of May, 2008

Sheila is GREAT! Honestly, I don't know what I would do without her. I have tried other meathods in the past and nothing has even come close to the proffesional job Sheila does on my hair. Before I came to her, I was depressed, I didn't like to really go out. My thin hair stopped me from doing all the things I wanted to do. I almost cried the first time Sheila put the extentions in my hair in April 2007. It looked like my own hair. The color was a perfect match. I could wash it, curl it, do anything I want as if it was my hair! I LOVE my hair now. I really don't know what I would do without Sheila. I thank God that I found Goddess Extentions and Sheila.I promise that if you have thinning hair, or anything of the sort, you will be so happy with the work Sheila does. Any negative comments towards Sheila and her company is bizzare to me because I have had nothing but great experiences with her!!!

10th of May, 2008

Thank you to my clients, as you all know, my staff and I work very hard to keep you guys happy, and your comments mean the world to me. Yes, this whole complaints thing is so disgusting. It's amazing to me that anyone has the time to sit there, search every last page on Google and spew lies and hate about a person they don't even know, aren't competing with, and whose only mistake was coming up with the same name. Interestingly, in addition to Mayam Ahmad and her crew's fraudulent posts under the fake name 'Sherry Morris" there is a fraudulent post under 'Sheila Matechuk" from a woman named ''Kathy' who is actually a woman from New Zealand named Kathy, who scammed me into teaching her how to do hair extensions back in 2005 with the promise that she was 'starting a huge hair extensions company in New Zealand" and she would buy hair and supplies from me in return. I am always trying to help other female entrepreneurs out (I've even taught women for free who had no money to try and help them find a career to get them on their feet-I know how it feels to lose everything, and I have had a lot of women step in and help me when I have needed it) She said we could 'exchange methods' and when she assisted me on a client, it was obvious that she had no idea what she was doing, never mind being able to show ME anything. Kathy, it's really surprising to me that you of all people would get in on this and try to damage my reputation, when I gave you fabulous hair extensions with double drawn Russian hair, taught you how to do this for yourself, took you to Ruby Skye nightclub because your drug dealer boyfriend Ken from Concord kept you cooped up in his dirty house and never even showed you the sights in San Francisco. And Kath, if I ruined your hair, why did you want me to redo it before your flight back to New Zealand, because you had illegally overstayed your US visa by 3 months? Here's an excerpt from your email:

Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2005 9:29 PM
    To: sheila@pivocal.com
    Subject: I can come to you!

Im leaving on Wed, I need to make a time before then to do my sides and top of back of my head with the smaller shrinkie method - Kens offered his work truck for me to come out to ya!

I will be happy to pay for your time as it must be done before I leave.

We can talk methods then too
    I will pay you for Poly order in cash, just email a time best suits you?

x Kath

So I help you out, give you all my suppliers names to start your business in New Zealand, show you around the city, and then you have the audacity to demand the photos of MY WORK be taken off my site, so you can lie and tell people that it's your work, and because I told you I was uncomfortable with this (and also pretty offended that you would ask me for this after everything I had done for you) Now you post lies and say that I'm the con artist?? It was YOU who talked about American's being stupid and that's why you were going back to New Zealand. Here is the email you sent asking me to send you the photos:

Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 1:34 AM
    To: sheila@pivocal.com
    Subject: Hair Extensions Inquiry

Hi Sheila
    Can you please send me my pics again in easy format so I can do

something with them, the ones you sent me, I cant resend onto my

family or even save to my file I have on my p.c?

Now that your on your way to Hollywood which Im truely excited for

you!!! ...and Im getting into my own business now myself, it is also

better to remove my pics from your site as I wish to use them for my

own advertising of my own business.

As it would definately be a conflict of interest for us both to use

pics of me.

Take care

Thanks Kathy

So who is the scammer and liar now Kathy? I guess you weren't AT ALL excited and happy for me to be styling in Hollywood, you are just like Maryam-bitter and spiteful that someone else is successful. What a disgrace.

To remark on the email from 'U Don't Care" this is a former client of mine named Annie that I fired in January after she ripped off Eliza, my head extensionist who I had let go in December. Annie went behind my back to have Eliza do her re-do because she didn't want to pay what I charged her. THEN she cancelled the check she gave Eliza, and although I had let Eliza go at the time (I have since rehired her because she is an AMAZING stylist) what Annie did was WRONG. PERIOD. This, Maryam (Sherry) is an example of my 'moral turpitude'. I considered Annie a friend, and she and I and Eliza and hung out many times personally, and it sickened me that she would rip off a person who was nothing but nice to her, and is a single mom just because I had let her go, and Eliza would be powerless to try and get the money she was owed. Just because I hire and fire staff doesn't mean I want to see them ripped off and hurt. Annie also lied to me and told me she had gone to an 'Aveda' salon when I asked who had done her extensions, because the work was excellent. I don't need liars and thieves as clients, I have plenty like Allison that are good, honest people, and anyone reading this can email these people, talk to them on the phone, or in person if they live locally. I have hundreds of regular clients who are FURIOUS with the lies, and sick, invented stories Maryam is spreading on these complaint boards about me, and they are posting in an effort to share their experiences with me and my company because I have changed their lives, WHICH IS WHY they are offering potential clients an opportunity to talk to them and PROVE that they are real people. I have recognized a few reviews from former clients that aren't super positive, which is fine with me! I can't make everyone happy-AT LEAST THEY ARE REAL CLIENTS, and not a competitor making up lies to try and destroy my reputation, a scam artist who I tried to help, and and an angry former client that is a rip-off artist herself.

Maryam, you are wrong as usual regarding the purpose of these complaints sites-they are also a vehicle for businesses to answer to lies, conjecture and threats, which I have done and in the process of doing. I have personally responded to ALL THESE LIES, and I will happily turn over our federal tax returns and my US Work Visa to an officer of the court to prove my integrity and legitmacy-better yet, why don't you identify yourself and I will show them to you in person? This is a personal invitation-call me at 650-361-8225 You won't, because you are a coward that hides behind phony, anonymous accusations. Contact all the authorities you want! Just because you can't find my personal information by doing a rinky tink Google search, doesn't mean I am not legitimate-I am and I have NOTHING TO HIDE. I have contacts in many areas of law enforcement, state congress, the california cosmetology board and many others that are working with me to see that this kind The reason your salon name did not come up on our trademark search is because your application # 78687792 was abandoned and you weren't using the www.goddesshairextensions.com domain as anything other than a redirect to www.goddesssalon.com, unless we had chosen that SPECIFIC domain, there is no way we COULD have known. I never even wanted it, because it's too long and not memorable-www.goddessextensions.com IS.

Speaking of the California Cosmetology Board-your complaint about me, my employees and my company not adhering to CCB regulations has been retracted, and they have sent us letters that confirm that we are not in violation of any of their laws. Thanks for the introduction though- I am now being given an opportunity to work with them to bring my expertise to cosmotology schools who do not offer hair extensions and replacements as a specialty field. If THEY feel that I am an expert in extensions and training, then it does not matter what YOU think. You are an unknown entity in this industry, Goddess Salon has NO reviews negative or otherwise from clients, you have NO before and after pictures of your clients, you don't appear ANYWHERE on the search engines, and as for my putting 'thousands of women at risk" in an unclean environment, we use standard disinfectants as does any licensed salon. YOU on the other hand claim that Maryam Ahmad has "never had a complaint in all her years as a cosmetologist, " which is what the boards "told you when you called" This is an outright lie, along with the rest of your fraudulent research-she and her salon had a complaint as recent as April, 2007 from the Arizona Cosmetology Board:
    Violation #73449 Maryam Ahmad #19301485 Goddess Salon #C15700 -No large wet disinfectant set up

Who is endangering their clients now?

You continue to ramble on about how Goddess Hair LLC 'owns the "Goddess Hair Extensions" trademark (we applied for the SERVICE mark and that '"that New Jersey firm never used nor does it own the Goddess Hair Extensions trademark' which either means you are delusional or as bad at research as you appear. You own a DOMAIN name, and the reason your trademark will NEVER be approved is because you are selling a hair extensions PRODUCT line called 'Goddess Hair Extensions". The standard character Word Mark for 'Goddess" used in conjunction with hair pieces, wigs or extensions, is registered to Hair Zone Inc., and actively used in their Sensationelle hair extensions line "Goddess Remi Hair Extensions" mark Serial Number 78731388, Filing Date October 12, 2005, FIRST USE IN COMMERCE DATE: MARCH 1ST, 2004. You purchased both the goddesssalon.com and goddesshairextensions.com domain names in October, 2004, and when you went to file for the trademark-you discovered that the mark is in use, and abandoned your application. This means that YOU Maryam, are knowingly committing trademark infringement (and criminal acts) by purporting to sell 'Goddess Hair Extensions" TM products hair, falls and ponytails, as depicted on your website. Their first use in commerce date supercedes ANY 'common law' trademark nonsense you claim to have on this mark, and you have been actively and knowingly infringing upon this trademark for the past three years. I have contacted the owners at Hair Zone, inc., and although they aren't concerned about us using Goddess Hair Extensions as a DBA for a service enterprise, they are very unhappy to hear that another company has been actively selling hair extensions product with their trademark logo. They are a very large company with a stable of lawyers that should be contacting you soon. So for all the 'I assume" "let's assume", "I choose to believe", "If we allow" and other speculative claims you have made above about my company, my legitimacy as a stylist and my moral integrity as a human being, YOU are the fraud, and 'I choose to believe' that after using goddesssalon.com as your primary website as of 2005, and goddesshairextensions.com only as a hidden redirect (source: Alexa.com) you came across all the promotions, marketing, press stories, reviews and tv ads and decided to cause confusion in the market place and 'piggyback' off my image and success, until I discovered you were actively using 'www.goddesshairextensions.com in yout paltry, nearly non-existing advertising efforts, and emailed you last year asking you politely to stop using the trademark that I had applied for and you had abandoned. What you forgot to mention in your comprehensive 'research' is that A simple Google search by ANYONE clearly shows that 90% of the pages that reference 'Goddess Hair Extensions' are results of hard-won marketing, advertising, public relations initiatives, and accolades that I have paid for, and earned because of my talent as an extensionist, and skills as a marketer.

You know Maryam, as my friends, family, suppliers, students, clients and other supporters attest to-I'm actually a pretty nice person too. You and I both obviously love what we do, and love to help women. If you had replied to my initial email last year and offered a compromise like "Well, we have been using the mark longer, but it's only for our product line, could we come to some sort of agreement?" I would have been more than happy to work it out with you in a way that would be positive for both of us, or even partner up and help you sell your product, but you immediately launched a full scale attack sending threatening emails and letters, and continue to try and hurt me as a person and a business owner. All you have done is gotten us both listed by name on complaints site and tarnish the Goddess image. I have gotten a HUGE influx of support from my clients and people I have helped What exactly have you gained?