gobeontv / Taking Advantage of Children

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

Your child goes to the mall and is selected. Your child then goes to a screen test and is selected. You go to the production studio and they have you thinking you will be on Disney or something very close to it. They went on and on about how my daughter had all the potential to be a star and had what it takes to be an extra on Disney or one of their shows. Than they hit you up for over $1, 000.

The website has nothing about management and is poorly designed. Complete joke. What talent scout would ever go to this to find someone? Our represenative only had a cell phone and email that was not associated with the website. Met at an old production studio that they must have just rented out for a few hours.

I would stay away.

More gobeontv Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sc
      1st of Oct, 2009

If you go to gonnabe.com, you'll see that the same poor design exists, though perhaps at a grander scale (including verbatim copies of site text). That's because gobeontv and gonnabe. com are the same company, and the same designer (Nicholas Fordham) maintains both.

• Iu
      20th of Apr, 2010

They make you feel like your special, or your good, and they pretend to really want your kid, but what they really want is your money. There's one upside, you do go to an actual workshop with an actual "star" (it was adrain r'mante and chester see from disney when i was around) and u do learn alot, and get a chance to go to hollywood to learn more, but it still costs thousands of dollars and your most likely only going to get "learning". The hollywood thing might have been only through adrian though because it wasn't connected to beontv. If you don't have money to waste I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS. There are plenty of acting coaches who could tell you the same things but they won't have as much "experience in the field". It was fun, and it did feel pro, but it does not give you jobs and THEY ARE NOT AN AGENCY.

• Lu
      3rd of Feb, 2016

I am currently dealing with EJ who has opened a modeling agency called "Social Media 4 Models". I actually am questioning doing any type of business with him and his team because of this information which was provided. The problem is that he has notified me that if I do not attend this specific photo shoot I have signed up for that they will " file a judgment of 1500 to Ca small claims" stated by EJ. Which is also stated on the Supposably contract which I signed and agreed to pay a certain amount for that specific photoshoot with Peter Baratti. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this situation. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you