Goam Media / Fraud

Dallas, United States Review updated:
Received a solicitation phone call from Goam Media in which they falsely claimed that they were renewing a listing and wanted to verify information. New to my position, I was unaware that there had been no previous subscription. Phone conversation records my acceptance of their offer but failed to record their false lead-in. This company handles their solicitation for sales in a very deceptive and fraudulant way.

More Goam Media Complaints & Reviews

Maryland State Boychoir
8925 Old Harford Road
Baltimore
Phone: 410-668-2003

They misled me to believe I was renewing a listing in a local yellow pages... and they have harrassed me with calls almost weekly about the past due invoice for our listing.
Ko
  3rd of Dec, 2008
GOAM Media contacted my company in regards to a late payment for a listing on their website. There is no record of an agreement between GOAM Media and my company. When their representatives are questioned they offer to play a recording of the employee entering my company into a verbal contract, which are not legally binding within the Commonwealth of Virginia, with GOAM Media. The particular employee has no recolection of any such conversation ever taking place, and after hearing it I believe that it has been electronically pieced together. When anyone from my company has requested a copy of this tape they have refused, even after they have been informed that my company will not even consider payment until we have had the recording authenticated. They, also, will not send notification of this "overdue payment" in writing.
In
  29th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I was also falsely led into subscribing to GOAM Media. I told them that I had canceled their subscription and wouldn't be in business very much longer and didn't have the money to pay them. After they tried contacting me for approx. a month and a half, they stopped trying. I just tried to access their website and "surprise", it's under construction. I believe this was a scam and they don't want to be bothered with people who won't pay. I wouldn't doubt it if they were onto another scam.
Be
  8th of Mar, 2009
GOAM MEDIA also contacted our company saying they were renewing our listing, they reached my husband and he told them if it was a renewal we'd probably renew but that they'd have to contact me, his wife, as I was the one who handles the advertising for our company. They then asked him if he had the authority to make those decisions for the company and he said yes, but they'd still have to contact me for the final decision. They did in fact call me and told me that my husband had agreed to renew our listing, I told them that we did not want to do business with them and that we had never had a listing with them, end of story I thought. Six months later we start getting calls wanting payment on our past due account, we told them we hadn't agreed to do business with them, they had a recording that they had to have electronically spliced together as well, once they had gotten my husband to say the word yes. There should be laws against scammers like this.
He
  13th of Mar, 2009
GOAM Media contacted our company and did the same phone SCAM!

They deceptively call and make the "sale". Now they are calling us all the time asking for past due payment. Our number has been listed on the "Do Not Call Registry" (https://www.donotcall.gov/) for years. GOAM obviously does not follow the rules. Also, the person they called initially was not authorized to make the purchase. I have already filed a complaint against them with the government registry, and plan to do so with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) (http://www.bbb.org/). If you have been cheated be GOAM, consider doing the same.
Jc
  14th of Jul, 2009
when i was on the phone with a goam media official...he stated that he worked for the credit assessment bureau and his name is Joe Young...He was very helpful and I was pleased to do business with this company
Jc
  14th of Jul, 2009
part of the problem that i had to confront with the company was the verbal contract they have on file...it was not me...it was in fact my secretary who had used my name on the recording. It was rather confusing and frustrating...this is called corporate fraud and it does not make the company responsble for paying or voiding the bill...it places the company liable...i tried to protest it at first but then i started checking the hits i had recieved on the website and i had alot...the funny thing is that the book is actually real and it is quite helpful when you use it to its potential.

My advice is to try and take the situation and put it to your advantage...i checked up all the leaglities with my lawyer and it is in fact totally legal...i confronted the business location...i live rather close to it...i spoke to the officials there...its actually a legitimate business...everyone who thinks they have been fooled into doing this should be ashamed of themselves because they have no idea what they are talking about...if you don't want to recieve a service...then dont go on recording...its simple.
Sp
  2nd of Oct, 2009
It is a well known fact that dealing with telemarketing agents can sometimes be one of life's most stressful and stagnating experiences.

Harassing calls, threats and use of obscene language can pressurize you to the edge and moreover, a collector may embarrass you by contacting your employer or even be pursued to disburse for a debt that is not rightfully yours.

There are limits on how far telemarketers can go, that is why we provide information on how to put an end to telemarketer calls and more efficiently, how to correspond with them about your account and/or to dispute a collection action and can teach you what are your rights in terms of privacy.

You can find out more information on our website: www.spgconsultants.webs.com

By informing each other, we protect each other.