Go Cyber Shop! / Good service

I ordered a Solderless Xbox Modchip from Go Cyber Shop (order date listed below the review is only an estimate since I don't have the invoice at hand), paid by Money Order (dated 14 May 2004), and received the chip, but I was unable to get it fitted correctly and decided to give up on it rather than continue to fiddle with it and risk scratching the motherboard. I emailed Go Cyber Shop, explained my problem, and they agreed to let me return it and apply the value of the chip toward a soldered chip installation. I sent the solderless chip back, they emailed me to say they received it in satisfactory condition, and asked if I'd like to send my Xbox to them for an installation. I placed an order, packed up my Xbox along with enough payment to cover the difference in price, and sent it to Go Cyber Shop. Several days passed, I heard nothing from them, so I called on the phone to ask if they'd received it and was told that they didn't have my Xbox and didn't know where it might be. A few more days passed, and the package was returned to me marked as "refused." Apparently the Canadian Customs agency makes some distinction between a declaration of "item sent for repair" & "returned item" and had tried to charge Go Cyber Shop a tax or duty on it. I decided to just redeem my second Money Order and have the Xbox modded elsewhere rather than try to send it to Canada again and take another chance with their Customs agency. I called Go Cyber Shop and they verified that they'd refused the package. I asked if I could just have a refund for the price of the solderless modchip, then, and the customer service rep told me "I don't know." "I don't know"?

So, what am I to do, at that point. I placed an order for a different item and sent an email explaining that I'd like to apply the value of the modchip toward paying for this new order. No response, the order was never filled. I emailed again, and asked for a refund again since the matter of exchanging the solderless chip for a different service/item was not being resolved in a timely fashion. Still no response from Go Cyber Shop, and furthermore while this was happening, they overhauled their website and my account & orders were no longer listed on the site.

I have not bothered trying to contact Go Cyber Shop, since then. Perhaps I gave up too easily. At the time, I'd had enough of calling, emailing, and getting no answers. I was just reminded of all of this tonight (a year-and-a-half later) while cleaning my desk, as I found my original receipt for the Money Order I'd used to pay for the solderless chip. With "Payable to: Go Cyber Shop" written on it. As far as I'm concerned, they still owe me approx $50-$55 USD as they never provided an exchange or a refund for the modchip which I returned and they accepted.

Ji

Comments

18th of Feb, 2009

THE MANE PROMLEM WITH TIHS HWOLE UNPLESENT SITAUITON IS THA TU WERE TRYNIG TO MOFIDY YOU'RE X+BOX IN ODRER SO TAHT IT CAN PALY SOTLEN "" AND OR "" DONWLAODED GAME'S

I THNIK THAT U WLIL FNIDE THTA THE FDERRAL GOMEVERMNET WIL NOT BE VERY3 FROTHCOMNIG WHIT ANY ASISSTANE FOR THIS PARLACARULAR SITAUTONI

I AM SORY TO HALBVE BEN THE BEARER OF SUCH BAD NEW'S, ,

BUT SUHC IS LFIE MY FREND AND WE ALL MSUT PALY OUR PART'S

BLESINGS

Dr M A CARNARVORO

28th of Mar, 2009

Ordered an nme2.0 mod-chip that they were claiming was "in-stock!" One week post-purchase I sent an email inquiring about the chip. After a few days I was given a response that they were expecting the chips in any day, and that when they received them, they would ship it off to me. Week three I inquired about the nme2.5 which nme had just released... GCS claimed that they had these chips "in-stock!" on their website and I was informed by email that this would be the chip they would send me.
    Week Four: received a general email stating that the nme2.5 did not pan out as originally planned, and that they would send me an nme2.0 a month later (week nine?)... Alternatively, they would be willing to give me a coupon (for use on their site) or that I would get a free flashing for my xbox by sending it in(Which I can do myself for free, and at this point I wouldn't trust these guys with my toothbrush let alone my xbox). I asked for a refund, and they told me that they would have to charge me 25% for a restocking fee. Sorry, they actually said "Cancel fee" (which isn't in their policy).

To that affect, HOW EXACTLY do you charge a RESTOCKING FEE for a piece of kit that you don't have IN-STOCK!!! I guess by "Cancel Fee, " they actually mean "I want to keep the mark up on this product fee"

RRRRIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHTTTTT

GCS - you're the best...

• Di
      30th of Mar, 2009

Long story short... I processed a charge back in accordance with my consumer rights (which they tried to fight, and lost), and I recieved my full funds back.

So thanks goes to my Credit Card company for that.

In addition - read "Vicman Linares" review on p.5 of http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Go_Cyber_Shop GCS writes back mentioning "GO CYBER SHOP honesty and integrity has never been questioned by any LEGITIMATE, RATIONAL or LOGICAL customer." Thought that comment was moderately misinformed considering the amount of complaints found on many sites, and the few satisfied don not seem to stay that way for long when most realize their merchandise is defective

If you wish to file a complaint based upon your experience, please visit the below link: