GNS Inc / Acai Berry

1 6452 Fig Street, Suite AArvada, CO, United States Review updated:

I have the same complaint as the rest of you. I emailed about 7 times, cancelled all orders, and they are still sending me the pills. I also informed them that I have cancelled the debit card, and they still sent me more pills. Now they are sending packages that require a signature and refused return packages. I am not paying this and hope someone can stop this company. I have emails saved. I never did receive the trial that I was charged for originally and now have bottles arriving that i am not using and am not going to pay for. Where do we go from here? Is this going to ruin my credit?

Ko

Comments

• Am
      2nd of Mar, 2009

i am deathly afraid that i am headed for the same horrible situation you are in. please email me at woziea@yahoo.com if you are able to make any head way or if you find that your credit has been damaged by this company. i have tried notifying my bank of their shady activity also, i hope i don't have to cancel my account like you did. good luck!

• Co
      9th of Mar, 2009

I totally agree. I only ordered the free trial, in which I was only supposed to pay the shipping. I was told that I would be sent more if I did not cancel in two months. It is only two weeks later and they charged 79.90 to my DEBIT card and said that I signed up for easy pay. I did not.
    They are scamming me, obviously.

• Ka
      14th of Mar, 2009

Same thing has happened to me and my husband is livid. I had to cancell my card.

• Ro
      14th of Mar, 2009

I have had the same experence and am filing a complaint with the Secretary of State in Colorado and the Consumer Protection Agency. I received two packages Acai Berry with in two weeks after cancelling the order. I was on hold for over 40 minutes and their Agent Dave refused to give me a cancellation number.

• Rk
      21st of Mar, 2009

Answering an online ad, I rec'd my 2 FREE bottles of Acai Berry late in Feb and paid shipping via CC of #3.97.
    They arrived w/an Invoice informing me that I'd "be shipped 2 units @ $34.95 on 14 Apr 09 w/additional 2 units every 45 days thereafter following the first auto-ship".

I emailed immediately to say that I did not sign up for an Auto-ship nor any 'club membership' and would not authorize any CC payments.

I said I'd even return my 'Free' materials' just to get rid of it and to give me a Return Authorization Number, as per their instructions.

I received an email the next day, giving me the number, requesting that it be received as of today, Sat, 21 Mar. and this statement:

>>>>You have been deactivated from the auto ship list. As a result, we will not be sending you any future shipments. Your cancellation number is BMD030627. Please retain this number for your records.<<<

At 4:31 AM morning this email arrived:
    >>>Recently you purchased a GNS product that offered the special 'buy now pay later offer.' The trial period has elapsed since the date of your order. Your credit card was charged this morning for the balance owed on the product you have received. If you have any questions on this order please feel free to contact us at support@global-nutrition.com.<<<

You'd better believe that I immediately sent them an email to state the facts of the case and that my Auto-ship has been deactivated.
    A written statement with the facts has also gone to Chase, my CC company. I'll fight this forever. to the point of canceling my card.

rkr

• Mr
      3rd of Apr, 2009

I tried to get a free set of Rachael Ray pots, L.O.L!!! I signed up for all of the deals with little upfront costs and no lock in membership. Two days after placing the order I received 2 bottles for 3.97 shipping costs. If I returned them I would not be billed, not even 4 days passed I paid to sent it back didn't send it Priority like I started to just sent it reg. mail, BUT I KEPT MY RECEIPT! They charged my account 79.90 and refuse to give me my money. I adhered to all of their procedures I got the R Code and sent it back before the 14th day trial and they claim they havent received the product I sent it 9 days ago!. SCAMMMMMMM! I'm still waiting for my refund will keep you posted

4th of May, 2009

Sadly, my wife ordered something from what sounds like a spam email. Yes, there is a sucker born every minute. They billed my cc 3.97 for the S&H and then, about a week or two later billed us $79.97 for some diet pills or something. Then, this month they billed me again another $69.97 for an auto-ship. They told me when calling that you can't get any refunds on any product that isn't returned within the 21 days and then just passed me to some "escalations" division that were of no help and just said that this was the autoship that we just got billed for and gave me there sites address to get some other of their crap in exchange. I guess that there's no way to get any refund or anything on it. $150+.. though down the drain. Is there any hope of remedy? Did the BBB offer any help to anyone?

• Pi
      5th of May, 2009

Here I am in the same place everyone else is in. I had all the same issues. Prior to even recieving the trial i recieved many(7 times a day) phone calls from representives from the company asking if I wanted more: everytime i told them to cancel everything and that I wanted nothing to do with this company. I then recieved the trial after the said amt of days to cancell...so tried to call and email and never reached anyone; phone calls ended with an hour of listening to the same recording and it hanging up. Sending emails never ended with any respose. So i then decided to cancell my debit account so to avoivd any more charges. That was in early Feb. So I thought I was in the clear until to day 05/05/09 and they are going to send me to collections... how can a company be allowed to contiune this kind of bussiness practices?

• Ca
      5th of May, 2009

I guess I am another victim of this scam! I just received a letter from their "Legal Dept." telling me I have to pay the 79.90 I owe for the sample pills. I cancelled the shipments and told them not to email me anymore propaganda within 5 days. I was lucky enough that my credit card was compromised and the bank cancelled my card and sent me a new number at the same time, otherwise I would also would have been charged by them Now they are telling me that I have to pay this money or they will go to the collection agency!!! How dare them??? Is there anything we, the consumers, can do about it??? I sure don't want my credit to suffer. Any ideas???

5th of May, 2009

What are we to do about GNS sending a collections letter for an amount they say is owed (which is not)? Should it be ignored, or is there other actions that can be done without the fear of this company screwing us further? Any Ideas?

• Ir
      6th of May, 2009

I am in the same boat as you folks are. My original order was on 1/19/09, and I have already cancelled the CC that I used. Its now 5/5/09 and I just received a letter from GNS, Inc. threatening to take me to collections, unless I pay the outstanding balance of $79.90. Don't know if they're just bluffing for more money, for if they could really ruin my credit rating. Who can we turn to for help in this situation?

6th of May, 2009

I'd say let them bring it to collections if they want. I'd call their bluff. I am attempting to dispute such w my c.c. comp. now...

13th of May, 2009

I got hit with the same BS! I just called and spoke to 4 different people about being wrongly chargedn for the Trail Bottles. I had a man threaten me with paying up, paying half, or going to collections! Hah! I just contacted the Colorodo BBB, and ABC 7 News for help. We shall see who wins. If everyone makes a complaint, they'll have to go down! Right..?

13th of May, 2009

Sounds good to me. Letters to those organizations will be on their way tomorrow from me. I can't believe these people.

• Sc
      22nd of May, 2009

Watch out for this company. I ordered the Slim Seduction and never received the product. Luckily, I used a Visa to make the purchase and the credit card company is satisfied that it is a scam outfit so I will have no problem getting a charge reversal. I am planning to file a formal complaint with the State of Colorado Attorney General and Secretary of State and encourage others to do the same if they've been ripped off by Nutralane or GNS, Inc.

18th of Jun, 2009

To: Mrsirv

We want to sincerely apologize for the experience you had with us. We would love to help you. Please contact us at 1800-595-4670, so we can offer you a resolution. Have you received your refund yet? If not we would like to discuss a possible refund. We are open Monday through Friday 7am till 10pm MDT and Sat and Sun from 8am to 5pm MDT.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
    GNS Supervisor

24th of Jun, 2009

To: Joe Wilson

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with us. We would love to assist you. The offer it seems like you signed up for, was a free 21 day trial. It's a buy now pay later offer. Here are the terms and conditions of the offer that you must agree to place an order with us.

Free* 21-Day Trial Terms and Conditions:
    Start your FREE* 21-Day Trial now to receive two, 30-day supply bottles of Acai Berry Edge. You simply invest $3.97 today for shipping and handling and you will have 21 days from today to evaluate this super cleansing product for yourself.
    When you notice significant results, do nothing. You will be billed the discounted survey-member price of $39.95 per bottle at the end of your 21-day trial period... a 33% savings! But, if you decide that Acai Berry Edge is not for you, simply return the unused portion before the end of your 21-day trial and you will NEVER be billed. You also have 30 days from your date of purchase to return the unused portion of Acai Berry Edge for a 100% refund of your purchase price (minus shipping & handling).
    Plus, if you decide to keep Acai Berry Edge, you will also receive a FREE membership in the Acai Berry Edge Club. This means you won't have to remember to reorder, and you won’t run out of Acai Berry Edge right when you start to feel great results. You'll continue to get two, fresh 30-day supply bottles shipped just before you’re scheduled to run out, at today’s low club-member price with FREE Shipping! Plus, we set aside a special reserve so Club Members NEVER go on backorder. There is no minimum to buy and you can cancel, skip, or delay your shipments at any time by calling us at 1-800-595-4670.

Please contact us at 1800-595-4670 we are here Monday through Friday from 7am to 7pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 5pm. If you have not yet received a refund we would love to discuss a monetary refund now.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Supervisor @ GNS

25th of Jun, 2009

I tried calling you previously, as is apparent. I was told that "We don't do refunds". That it is past 30 days so I am stuck w the product still unopened and that my only option is to try and exchange it for another product. I do not want another product, I would like my Federal Reserve Notes ('dollars') back and would be more then happy to send you back your products all unopened even.

25th of Jun, 2009

Don't fall for it Joe. That's not them.

To: JoeWilson

Do you have your order number? I can offer to refund you half now and the other half when we receive your product back. I would need your order number to get you a return authorization number and refund your account. Sorry again for any inconvenience this may have caused.

GNS Supervisor