Gns, Inc. - Acai Berry Scam / How to beat them at their own game

United States, Colorado, Arvada Review updated:
GNS, Inc.
6452 Fig St., Suite A
Phone: (800) 595-4670
The only way to stop GNS from charging your credit or debit card for unwanted products is to CANCEL YOUR CARD. As soon as you get the supposedly "Free Trial" with the statement saying you'll be charged $79.90 in 2 weeks CANCEL YOUR CARD IMMEDIATELY. I did. So, when they tried to charge $79.90, it didn't go through. They sent me an email to update my charge card info. LOL
The only way I got through on their toll free # was to wait until they closed, so I could leave messages. I told them I had reported them to the FTC, Denver BBB, Colorado Attorney General, USPS Postal Inspector, and the Internet Crime Complaint Center. And I suggest everyone who's been scammed by this company do likewise. The FTC told me any future shipments would be considered gifts, because I told them to cancel it. Subsequently, GNS sent me an email saying they had taken me off their auto-ship program. LOL

Here's the numbers/website to file a complaint:
Denver BBB - [protected]
Colorado Attorney General - [protected]
Federal Trade Commission - [protected]
Internet Crime Complaint Center - www.IC3.gov
USPS Postal Inspector - My local Post Office copied the shipping label & all the forms I received.

A  26th of Apr, 2009 by
i cancelled within the time frame they gave me, and sent back the product. before that they'd already tried to charge my credit card, but there wasn't enough credit so my cc company wouldn't allow the charges. before they sent me a request to update my credit card info, i made a payment (i'd have waited if i'd found this site earlier). i called for the return auth number and she told me they'd refund the charges they'd already processed (which were actually none). then two days after they received the package back (i have the conf. from the USPS) they charged my account and sent me an email telling me my trial period had expired. i replied that the will be refunding me immediately, and i'll be filing complaints with all the organizations you listed. unfortunately i didn't keep my shipping label or the invoice or any of the paperwork i got from them- i sent the useless product back in the same package and sent the packing slip/invoice along with. whoops. hopefully i'm not totally screwed...
D  24th of Jun, 2009 by
To: No Victim

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with us. We would love to assist you. The offer it seems like you signed up for, was a free 21 day trial. It's a buy now pay later offer. Here are the terms and conditions of the offer that you must agree to place an order with us.

Free* 21-Day Trial Terms and Conditions:
Start your FREE* 21-Day Trial now to receive two, 30-day supply bottles of Acai Berry Edge. You simply invest $3.97 today for shipping and handling and you will have 21 days from today to evaluate this super cleansing product for yourself.
When you notice significant results, do nothing. You will be billed the discounted survey-member price of $39.95 per bottle at the end of your 21-day trial period... a 33% savings! But, if you decide that Acai Berry Edge is not for you, simply return the unused portion before the end of your 21-day trial and you will NEVER be billed. You also have 30 days from your date of purchase to return the unused portion of Acai Berry Edge for a 100% refund of your purchase price (minus shipping & handling).
Plus, if you decide to keep Acai Berry Edge, you will also receive a FREE membership in the Acai Berry Edge Club. This means you won't have to remember to reorder, and you won’t run out of Acai Berry Edge right when you start to feel great results. You'll continue to get two, fresh 30-day supply bottles shipped just before you’re scheduled to run out, at today’s low club-member price with FREE Shipping! Plus, we set aside a special reserve so Club Members NEVER go on backorder. There is no minimum to buy and you can cancel, skip, or delay your shipments at any time by calling us at 1-800-595-4670.

Please contact us at 1800-595-4670 we are here Monday through Friday from 7am to 7pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 5pm.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Supervisor @ GNS