GNS - Acai Elite/Easy Rapid Cleanse/ DRI Bromalite/LIPAPHEN / Scammed

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I pride myself on being a savvy consumer but this one took me by complete surprise. I have ordered hundreds of items online safely so when I stumbled across this, I thought "what do I have to lose"? I ordered a free trial shipment of Acai Berry Edge Lite, Bromalite & Best Pure Cleanse on 1/21/09, 1/22 & 1/24 although they were all ordered the same evening. There was an unknown charge for $3.97 for a trial shipment of Lipaphen (??) which I have no idea of what that product is nor have I ever received it. Upon receiving my credit card statement on 2/23/09 I had 3 free trial charges for $3.97, $4.95 and $5.95 for the supplements ordered. The only supplement that came with any kind of documentation was the Colon xR, billed as Best Pure Cleanse [protected]). I received it yesterday and cancelled today. I also received a charge for Acai Elite for $87.[protected]), DRI Bromalite [protected]) for $69.95. I actually got an American male at this company who seemed very sincere and told me that as soon as I received my second bottle that I could return it to P.O Box 2012, Riverton, UT 84065. He said that within 8-10 days, I would see a credit back on my card. After a 30 minute wait on hold, I also had a smiliar conversation with an American woman from GNS regarding a charge for $79.90 referred to as SlimBody Vitamins. GNS is based in Arvada, CO . She offered to extend my 30-day period until March 6, 2009 but told me that I had to either UPS or Fed-Ex the remaining supplements back tomorrow and to make sure to save the tracking number. She stated that in 5-7 days I would see the charges would be reversed on my card. Unbelievably, there was still another charge from Easy Rapidcle (Easy Rapid Cleanse) for $78.84. I have yet to speak to anyone from there as the recorder says that they are open 9am-6pm and then simply hangs up [protected]).

I immediately called my credit card company and was told that they had been besieged by telephone calls from unwary consumers who had been scammed as well. They told me that I would be responsible for contacting the merchants and instructed me to call the number listed next to the charges which I did. 2 voices were from India and I got nowhere except for them to say that my account would be cancelled. They did not offer a confirmation cancellation number automatically. I had to insist but I did get confirmation numbers for all my verbal transactions tonight. That is VERY IMPORTANT to ask for one because otherwise you have no grounds for disputing future charges. After 3 hours of this, I decided as a precaution to just cut my losses and hope for the best by cancelling my credit card and asking that no future charges by placed against it and a new one is presently being issued to me. Man...what a hassle this is proving to be!! I could just envision next month's card statement so took the high road and acted by cancelling the account. Hopefully, if there is a refund issued, my card company will forward it to my new account.

NEVER AGAIN! Next time I will go to Whole Foods or another reputable Health Food Market and purchase supplements or an equivalent substitute that I may want to try.

Sp

Comments

• Na
      25th of Feb, 2009

I already went through the hoop dance calling 1-866-897-0663, and Chatted on line (have the chat log to include in Attorney General Complaint)

They scammed us.

IMMEDIATELY report as fraud charge on credit card/bank. Ask to put "flag" on Bromalite, have another credit card issued. When I called my credit card company, their response was…”Oh yeahhhhh, we’ve heard about them!”. They’ve heard of Acai Burn and subsidiaries, too. With bank, talk to fraud protection personnel to “flag” these companies.

Look up and contact the state's attorney general office for consumer complaint form (in my case, the product shipped from Delaware...see below).

CONSUMER PROTECTION UNIT
    DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE STATE OF DELAWARE 820 NORTH FRENCH STREET, 5TH FLOOR
    WILMINGTON, DELAWARE 19801
    Phone: (302) 577-8600 or (800) 220-5424
    Fax: (302) 577-6499
    Email: consumer.protection @state.de.us

Cut and paste complaints you've seen on this web site and others as proof. If you can copy the terms/order form/web site details to submit as proof.

Write complaint to internet fraud:
    www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Go on ANY consumer web site you can: /link removed/ www.consumercomplaints.com to report.

The Better Business Bureau cannot do anything, esp. if these scammers do not belong. Better action is filing complaint with Internet Fraud and Attorney General of the state where supplements were mailed.
    It’s price gouging, unfair consumer practices, mail fraud (either NOT sending product or sending then charging outrageous amount, more than most legit Rx) and internet fraud, plus a host of other disclaimers. That’s even IF/THOUGH you did check the box, read the fine print. It’s like a virus and mutates.

STOP THEM NOW!!!

• Se
      19th of Mar, 2009

I had the same experience I hate this kind of fraud I was deceived with the same 3.97 and 4.95 now I am charge 87.13+79.90 =167.03 fraudulantly so take care not to get trapped in such scams

9th of Apr, 2009

I also signed up for the Acai Berry Edge Elite. I was charged 69.90 for a shipment I never received. Also on that credit card statement were charges from an herbal group that I had never heard of, signed up for, or received anything from. I have called the number on my credit card statement several times and get the same recording that states their business hours. However, no matter what time of day it is, they are never open. When I spoke with a supervisor for Acai Berry Edge (Robert, company ID 109) I told them of these charges by this phantom company. He told me that I could get a lawyer and do whatever I wanted but I would never be able to prove that they had anything to do with giving my credit card information to this other company. I am also having to cancel my credit card.

27th of May, 2009

To: angela

We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with us. We don't sell our customer's information, so I apologize that your information was stolen. Please contact us at 1800-595-4670 so we can gladly assist you and possibly offer you a monetary refund. We are here from 7am to 10pm MDT and Sat and Sun from 8am to 5pm MDT.

Sincerely

Supervisor

14th of Jun, 2009

To: spwc

We are glad to hear that you were able to speak to one of our representatives and you were given an extension on your trial. We're sorry that you were told you could only use FedEx or UPS. You are free to use any shipping company to send our product back to us. UPS and FedEx however, always give you a tracking number which is helpful when sending products back to any company. A tracking number will give you proof that the product was sent back and will provide you a date of when it was received by the company.

If your case, if you sent the product back to us, you should have obtained a refund. If you did not, PLEASE contact us immediately at 1800-595-4670 so we can process that refund.

We are here from 7am to 7pm MDT Monday through Friday and 8am to 5pm MDT on Saturday and Sunday.

Sincerely

Supervisor at GNS

25th of Jun, 2009

To: ehsan karimian

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with us. We would love to assist you. The offer it seems like you signed up for, was a free 21 day trial. It's a buy now pay later offer. Here are the terms and conditions of the offer that you must agree to place an order with us.

Free* 21-Day Trial Terms and Conditions:
    Start your FREE* 21-Day Trial now to receive two, 30-day supply bottles of Acai Berry Edge. You simply invest $3.97 today for shipping and handling and you will have 21 days from today to evaluate this super cleansing product for yourself.
    When you notice significant results, do nothing. You will be billed the discounted survey-member price of $39.95 per bottle at the end of your 21-day trial period... a 33% savings! But, if you decide that Acai Berry Edge is not for you, simply return the unused portion before the end of your 21-day trial and you will NEVER be billed. You also have 30 days from your date of purchase to return the unused portion of Acai Berry Edge for a 100% refund of your purchase price (minus shipping & handling).
    Plus, if you decide to keep Acai Berry Edge, you will also receive a FREE membership in the Acai Berry Edge Club. This means you won't have to remember to reorder, and you won’t run out of Acai Berry Edge right when you start to feel great results. You'll continue to get two, fresh 30-day supply bottles shipped just before you’re scheduled to run out, at today’s low club-member price with FREE Shipping! Plus, we set aside a special reserve so Club Members NEVER go on backorder. There is no minimum to buy and you can cancel, skip, or delay your shipments at any time by calling us at 1-800-595-4670.

Please contact us at 1800-595-4670 we are here Monday through Friday from 7am to 7pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 5pm.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Supervisor @ GNS