Gns/acai Berry Edge / Deceiptive Terms, Rip-Off

1 6452 Fig Street, Ste. AArvada, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 303/456-5591

I ordered the Acai Berry Edge product from a promo offer to help me with diet and weight loss. When I got the product it was not what I expected. Instead of diet and weight loss, I got information and product for a colon cleansing. I attempt to call them, because I thought I had received the wrong product. After several minutes on hold, hang-ups and recalls I finally got a representative. The representative told me I did receive what I ordered, and "If I would have read the fine print I would have known that the product is a cleansing system that may result in weight loss". I then said I want to cancel, I was told that it was up to me, but they would still charge my credit card $39.95 for each bottle (the trail offer send out 2 30-day supply bottles) because they did not receive the product back before the 21st day. When I asked about the free trial, "she laughed, said that she has canceled my membership, no more product will be shipped to me" and she asked me if I want the RA# to send the unused portion of the product back. I asked her why would I send the unused portion back if I'm going to be charged anyway, she could not answer that. So, I suggested that they were recycling the product when people sent back the unused portions...The line was conviently disconnected.
Not only is it hard to get intouch with them, the Trial-period is a joke. They say you have 21-days to try the product. The joke is, included in the 21-days is the shipping time; and your credit card will be charged on the 21st day from the date your order was processed. So, where is the free trial? By the time you receive the product you have less than 21 days to try it; They recommend that you take the product for at least 60-days to see any results. In other words, they know that it's not going to work within the timeframe of the trial offer, and you are not going to have enough time to return the product to them to keep your credit card from being charged. So, they are getting the first $39.95 - $89.95 from everyone who get's tricked into the free trial.

More Gns/acai Berry Edge Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Hn
      29th of May, 2009

same thing here, ended up getting charged $160 in two days for the other crap they were offering as a FREE TRIAL... i don't know about you but a free trial is...FREE! I did not recieve another shipment of product as of yet, but they have attacked my bank account! Thanks, now me and my kid can go hungry for a week... DON'T FALL FOR IT!

• Gi
      2nd of Jun, 2009

When I tried to cancel my order, I could not get anyone on the phone except the "attendant" who assured me that my call would be returned by a supervisor. Those calls were never returned. Since you can't speak with anyone, you can't get the RA number to return the product. Therefore, you are wasting your 21 days and that's what they are trying to do. Once the 21 days are up, you are stuck. I took it up with my credit card company, and GNS all of a sudden had plenty to say. They showed all kinds of documentation, the return policy, etc. What they don't say is that OH by the way, you won't be lucky enough to get in touch with us, so you are stuck with the product and we get to charge you the full amount.

I have learned to stick with reputable companies and buy locally. At least you can go back to the store and see someone face to face. They can't lock the doors for 30 days!! The internet is becoming an avenue for more unscrupulous "companies" to peddle their wares. Anyone can design a professional looking website. But for all we know they can be selling this stuff out of their garage!

We need to quit looking for the easy way and start going back to good old fashion normal shopping.

• Gn
      10th of Jun, 2009

To: CreoleMaMe

We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with us. It sounds like you were not properly taken care of and you had a problem getting through to our company and didn’t get a refund. We deeply apologize for the experience you had with us and we would like to help you and offer you a monetary refund now. Please contact us again and explain your situation to us.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Our number is 1800-595-4670. We are here Monday through Friday 7am to 10pm MDT and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 5pm.

Sincerely,

Supervisor at GNS

• Gn
      23rd of Jun, 2009

To: Gina

We're sorry you were unable to reach us. Our call volume was high at that time. We have representatives ready to assist you. Please call us at 1800-595-4670 so we can help. We are available Monday thru Friday from 7am to 7pm MDT and Saturdays and Sundays from 8am to 5pm.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely