Gns Acai Berry / Fraudulent Lying Scam Artists

1 CO, United States Review updated:

Just spent 1 hour and about 45 minutes with these liars on the phone...Signed up originally for free trial. When I got the package, I called to confirm that this was the only package I would be reciving (There was a note outside that said refused packages would not be accepted) This made me suspicious! I was assured, there were no hidden costs, there was no auto ship and I would be charges nothing more than the shipping charge I agreed to. two weeks later, I go to pick up my 7 year old's daughter's insulin from the pharmacy and my credit card is denied. I call in, and I am over my limit. A charge of 79.90 was put through by GNS the day before. I didn't have enough room left on my account to charge the $410.00 medications. My daughter is insulin dependant and she could die without it.(Of course I mad other arrangements, but still, not everyone is in the position to do that at the spur of the moment!) Anyway I call GNS furious and in tears and I spoke to a very sweet nice girl who calmed me down, took my number and said she would have her supervisor call me back within 20 minutes. I gave her both my work and cell numbers. Of course I received no call in 20 minutes! Later that evening, I was at a meeting at school, and my cell phone rings and it is a "SUPERVISOR" from GNC and she assures me that she has taken care of the problem, that she had been getting similar complaints from other customers and the money would be returned to my account within 7-10 business days. Amen...end of story. All is Good until ten days goes by, and there is no refund. I try to call to no avail. Either phone is busy or no one answeres it! Then I get another deduction of 69.90 from my account and 2 more bottles of this totally useless crap they call "superfood". No, I can't have a refund because they have no record of any previous calls...Convenient huh? I am so angry right now, that I am going to write to Oprah. Her name was what made me think it might be worthwhile. I wonder if she would be intereested in our stories?

Comments

• La

GNS ACAI BERRY

It isn't so much that Oprah approved her name but these Scam Artist use her name to get Our money. They, like so many other crooks online will take advantage of that and know that We will respond to a trusting name and buy their bogus product... so yes, We've been had but We need to fight back and file charges... if We don't...they continue to get away with it!

27th of Feb, 2009

Two dietary supplement marketers that lured consumers on the Internet with allegedly deceptive weight-loss claims and bogus "free" sample offers, and then debited their bank accounts or charged their credit cards for continuing shipments without their consent, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated federal law. With the increase in Internet marketing, the FTC staff has issued a report providing guidance for marketers to help them avoid deception in making online "negative option" offers. (With negative option marketing, a company takes a consumer's silence or failure to cancel as acceptance of the offer and permission to bill them.)

• Aj

I ordered PURE Acai Berry 14 day trial for postage. They sent me
    a months supply and put a charge on my debit card for $78 and
    for the postage too. I still have 34 pills out of 60 so that means the 14 days aren't even up yet. It is a scam. A very bad scam because they
    are advertised by Dr. Oz and Oprah. I am sending them my 34 pills back and I want my money. The pills aren't any good anyway.

27th of Feb, 2009

File Fraudulent charges with your credit card Company and the Federal Trade Commission and Attorney Generals office in whatever State you got the product

• Na
      2nd of Mar, 2009

i, TOOO, SUCKED UP FOR THIS SCAM BUT i ALSO DID CALL AND TRIED TO CANCEL ANY FUTURE DEALINGS WITH THEM. dIDN'T HAPPPEN! tHIS MONTH, i RECEIVED FOUR CHARES ON MY CREDIT CARD, ONE FOR /89.31, ONE FOR $87.13, ONE FOR 29.95 AND FIOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE OF $5.28

iT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH ANYONE AT ANY OF THE NUMBERS LISTED AND cITI aDVANTAGE IS NO HELP AT ALL! tHEY SAY IT IS JUST TOUGH THAT i MADE SUCH A BAD CHOICE...AND THEY ARE RIGHT. bUT AT 70 YEARS OLD, IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THERE SHOULD BE SOME PROTECTION FROM SUCH SCAMMERS AND THAT PAYING THEM IS NOT AN OPTIONL mY NEXT CALL WILL BE TO THE aTTORNEY gENERAL OF vERMONT BUT i ALREADY KNOW THAT THIS WON'T GET ME MY MONEY BACK. we should have laws that make such scams illegal! Help an old woman!

• Je
      7th of Mar, 2009

first you can report them to the better business bureau who WILL attempt to settle your problem with these people. if all else fails, after good faith attempts to get the matter resolved, calling your credit card company with your documented attempts will have them issuing you an interim credit while they present the offending company with your complaint. credit card companies are well aware of these scams and their contacting the company usually results in a favorable outcome for YOU.

Yes, i too got scammed by this GNS company. the BBB has over 300 complaints registered to this company...all of the same nature; ie - the lack of providing the terms/conditions PRIOR to purchase of the "free trial". AND the fact that most people didn't recieve the stuff til 15+ days after ordering!!!

good luck

• Go
      13th of Mar, 2009

I received this ACAI Berry product two days ago from GNS. I opened the box and read the return policy. I immediately called for the RA number. When I received the number they gave me I sent the package back with a tracking number. I did not even open the bottles. The company must know their product is garbage or they would not have such a ridiculous way of standing behind it.

• Co
      13th of Mar, 2009

Who says this crap does anything for you anyway?
    "Oh, I read it in an ad"
    DAMN you people are pathetic

• Ai
      13th of Mar, 2009

ALL OF YOU THAT CAN'T SEEM TO GET THEM TO STOP CHARGING YOUR ACCOUNT EVEN AFTER THEY TOLD YOU THEY WOULD NEED TO CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARDS!!! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR THE CHARGES TO STOP!!! IT GETS PRETTY OLD WHEN IT SEEMS EVERYONE JUST WAITS AROUND FOR THE NEXT MONTH TO SEE IF THEY HAVE CANCELED THE MEMEBERSHIP ONLY TO BE CHARGED EVEN MORE MONEY!!! DO YOU PEOPLE NOT REALIZE THAT THEY ARE NOT GOING TO REFUND YOU AND NOT CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP!!! GET WITH THE TIMES!!!

• Ka
      25th of Mar, 2009

I too was scammed by them same scenario, free trial, pay your shipping and 30 days to try. Receipt was on a friday, 21 days post order, could not reach anyone, by MONDAY I had a charge of$ 79.90 pending, I called my bank and they said they could not dispute the charge, until...it went through. SO I let it go through. I called and called GNS...no answer. Finally through emails they said I defauleted on the free trial and did not return my pills. I was furious...I sent back the bloody pills and now my bank says transaction approved and will do NOTHING!
    I am livid. I say we all go class action.
    I cancelled my card!
    excuse me on commenting onyou people are pathetic...and you...do you have to make people who err feel any worse? Does it make you Feel Better???????

• Ni
      30th of Mar, 2009

I have thoroughly taken a look at the GNS website, specifically the page offering the trial on the Acai berry edge. I can tell you right now that anyone claiming that this site is a scam, obviously is not familiar with the phrase "terms and conditions". These terms and conditions are stated in TWO places on the order form. It also states that a copy of these terms and conditions are mailed with the invoice that arrives with every shipment. There is a check box that MUST be checked signifying that you have read and agree to the T&G in order to order this product. These terms and conditions do in fact state that if the product is not returned within 21 days of placing the order, you will be charged for that product. it also states that you have an additional 9 days to return that product for a full refund (minus S&H). This process is what is referred to as "billing in arrears" or "try before you buy". Thousands of companies that have been operating for decades use this billing method to attract customers and there is absolutely nothing illegal about it as long as you agree to these terms before the product is purchased. It is also stated (and you also agree to this by agreeing to the T&G) that you will be enrolled in their "VIP club" which ships you (and bills you for) new product every 30 days, unless this auto-shipment is canceled before the product is shipped.

I welcome anyone to dispute the legality of this product. For anyone who has called in to request return authorization #'s & then returned the product but still have been denied a refund. I would encourage you to save all information and document all calls and e-mails as no company is perfect.

• Ni
      30th of Mar, 2009

Also, I just noticed that half of the complaints on here are for completely different companies who have no affiliation with GNS INC. Unless the EXACT NAME OF THE PRODUCT YOU ORDERED IS "Acai Berry Edge" you have the wrong company and should be voicing your complaints on a different page

• Th
      5th of May, 2009

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.

I am so amazed to read the above comments at specially the only one is clearly indicating that they are so honest and they are not doing anything wrong. They are all clean honest businessman. But we are, the people, who believes the doctors, oprah, TV shows, news papers, all positive research articles, ad's, Etc.

Just because “we believe”... Are we pathetic?

Blame it on us…

That is absolutely right if I am buying a car, house, state of art equipment, I’m only buying a supplement, something might help me in a long term or not.

Fine prints...
    “Who really read those terms? I always agree & check the box just because I’m a consumer who wants to have that product.

I think I should really try this product.

This might be working for me. I don’t care about those fine prints.

It looks legit, I don’t think they would screw me over for a well-marketed, positive feed back, promising product.

I’m a customer. “Customer is always right.” ?

Yes, If this product works I would continue buying it…more thoughts can be added….)

“Absolutely nothing is ILLIGAL, about it as long as you are agree to these terms.. !!”

**Vulnerable people = who is desperate for help = GNS and all others.

Is that Just because I want this product, just because I NEED this, which makes me vulnerable?

So in this case my weakness, my search for help makes me vulnerable and that gives YOU all rights to screw me up????

I would be a gold mine for people like GNS to screw over these suckers. US…

Who ever or whatever the law is saying IF THIS IS OK WITH YOU. SHAME ON YOU!!!. SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE WHO IS TAKING ADVANTAGE FROM US WITH THEIR GAMES.

THE CASE IS CLOSED. REST IN PEACE.

Your favorite customer..
    The SUCKER…

• Gn
      27th of May, 2009

To: Reillysmom

We are sorry for the inconvenience and bad experience you had with us. If you never got your refunds for the $79.90 and the $69.90 please contact us so we can help at 1800-595-4670. We are here Mon through Friday 7am to 10pm and Sat and Sun 8am to 5pm.

Here are the terms and conditions of the Acai Berry Edge:

Free* 21-Day Trial Terms and Conditions:

Start your FREE* 21-Day Trial now to receive two, 30-day supply bottles of Acai Berry Edge. You simply invest $3.97 today for shipping and handling and you will have 21 days from today to evaluate this super cleansing product for yourself.

When you notice significant results, do nothing. You will be billed the discounted survey-member price of $39.95 per bottle at the end of your 21-day trial period... a 33% savings! But, if you decide that Acai Berry Edge is not for you, simply return the unused portion before the end of your 21-day trial and you will NEVER be billed. You also have 30 days from your date of purchase to return the unused portion of Acai Berry Edge for a 100% refund of your purchase price (minus shipping & handling).

Plus, if you decide to keep Acai Berry Edge, you will also receive a FREE membership in the Acai Berry Edge Club. This means you won't have to remember to reorder, and you won’t run out of Acai Berry Edge right when you start to feel great results. You'll continue to get two, fresh 30-day supply bottles shipped just before you’re scheduled to run out, at today’s low club-member price with FREE Shipping! Plus, we set aside a special reserve so Club Members NEVER go on backorder. There is no minimum to buy and you can cancel, skip, or delay your shipments at any time by calling us at 1-800-595-4670.

Sincerely,

Supervisor at GNS

• Gn
      24th of Jun, 2009

To: kathy davis

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. Did you order our Acai Berry Edge and return it to us with-in your 30 day money back guarantee period? We would like to help you. Please contact us again and explain your situation to us. We might be able to offer you a monetary refund depending on your personal situation. Below you will find our terms and conditions that are with the 21 day free trial on our Acai Berry Edge. This might explain some questions.

We hope to hear from you soon. Our number is 1800-595-4670. We are here Monday through Friday 7am to 7pm MDT and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 5pm.

Sincerely