GMPartsDirect.com / Slow order process

1 191 Budd BoulevardWinstonSalem, NC, United States Review updated:

Ordered a spare tire hoist for my 2000 Chev Tahoe on May 21 2008. Received order number (206090) via email on same date. Email did not indicate part was backordered or any status on the order. After a weeks time the order status on the web site finally changed from IN PROCESS to ON ORDER??? No explanation what ON ORDER means??

Waited another week and sent an email asking for status on order. Did not receive ANY other correspondence from GMPartsdirect.com about my order.

Sent a second EMAIL asking for order status, and frankly I assume I have lost my $108 order.

1) At best this site is the SLOWEST order processing Internet site I have ever dealt with. Initially the price was right for the part, but now I should have ordered it from the dealer and paid the extra $30.

2) The customer service is MISSING IN ACTION.

3) Today is June 2nd 2008. 13 days after ordering my part from GMPARTSDIRECT.COM. A day after this order, I ordered a part from Monoprice.com for my boat and a part from Sears.com for my lawnmower. I have already installed both of these parts.

Va

Comments

• Ri
      14th of Apr, 2011

I've been 4 days, my funds are tied up and I don't even know if I have an order. No email responce, no phone support and no comformation of any sort, YOU do the MATH. Don't mess with GMPARTSDIRECT. You'll be sorry and the little bit of discount is not worth it. You may also consider that they offer the part at a low price but make up on it on shipping and handling. If you ask for a refund, what are you going to get if anything. The full amount or the price of the part. They charge at least 26% of the item price for shipping and handleing. I'll bet this isn't going to be refunded.