GMP or ProfitGGL / unauthorized debit card charges

1 NV, United States Review updated:

Charged my debit card for 6 months $39.95 and will not refund and cannot contact. These charges fell under the guise of work at home info for $1.97 and it was a total scam. I have spent hours and months on the phone to no avail.

First it was GMP (Google Money Profit) out of NV and then the changed to ProfitGGL out of UT. Is there anything that can be done about these scams??

Comments

• Sm
      19th of Aug, 2009

This company is a complete scam. It made unauthorized charges on my debit card and when I called the accompanying 800 number (1-800-454-4965), a rep and her "supervisor" refused to even provide the name of the company. They claimed I had purchased a series of CDs from "Google" or "Google Finance" or "Google Marketing" (it kept changing), which of course I hadn't. They also said they were going to charge me monthly for the program. But aside from my debit-card number, they could provide no information on me: not my address, my email, my phone number, nothing.

When I asked specifically where I had supposedly placed this order, the representative gave me a bogus web address with "Google's" in the name. I told her it was bogus and so she offered a second bogus address, this time unrelated to Google. This is obviously a scam, surely illegal, using credit and debit-card numbers acquired from who knows where. And it obviously has nothing to do with Google. They simply put "Google" in the name to legitimize them.

The "helpful agents" of whom the guy above speaks are scam artists. They won't even provide their company's name or address. And now my bank is investigating them.

CALL YOUR BANK, CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND INITIATE AN INVESTIGATION.