gmat preparation / Fraudulent claims

Veritasprep is apparently in the business of gmat prep but makes false claims about the qualifications of instructors. It claims that all of its instructors are 99th percentile but people who have taught for the company confirm that they had not scored in the 99th percentile. The company is allegedly run by a lawyer who should know better than to make deceptive claims. Veritas claims it supplies 14 tests but they are all sourced from companies that are selling the software themselves. Veritas marks up those tests obscenely and makes you pay an arm and a leg. Beware of tall claims by Veritasprep company.

D  19th of Feb, 2009 by
This claim is 100% false. Veritas Prep will not even consider hiring someone to be an instructor unless they can provide written proof that they have scored in the 99th percentile (currently a 760) on the actual GMAT exam. Unlike other GMAT prep companies, we require that our instructor achieve this score on the real GMAT, not on one of our own practice

Also, you state: "Veritas claims it supplies 14 tests but they are all sourced from companies that are selling the software themselves." Every part of this statement is untrue. We supply all of our students with 15 practice tests, some of which come from third parties (only after being carefully screened by us), and some of which were developed by Veritas Prep. This is more than what any other GMAT prep company offers its students.

Veritas Prep's students average better than a 110-point score increase on the GMAT after taking our course, which is why we are able to offer the most generous retake policy in the industry:

http://www.veritasprep.com/FAQ/GMAT-Courses/85, Does_Veritas_Prep_offer_a_guarantee.html

Please compare this to other companies' retake/refund policies, which are either very consumer-unfriendly ("All payments made to Manhattan GMAT are nonrefundable, " says Manhattan GMAT's own web site as of this writing) or require you to pay a fee for the privilege of retaking a course.

Please contact us at 800-925-7737 if you would like to discuss this further.
A  28th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
In my opinion, Veritas Prep was EXTREMELY deceptive in its 15 practice tests claims. I was utterly disappointed when I found out only 5 were from Veritas and of those 5, my Veritas Prep instructor admitted that only three were very good

As I recall, this Veritas instructor explicitly told me to only do the first three Veritas tests because the last two were totally inaccurate and had some content on them that were not on the GMAT.
Personally, I found the first three tests to be quite good, but the whole Veritas thing is in my opinion a total waste and close to a fraud when you consider the margins.
Do NOT go with Veritas.
A  27th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Veritas prep is deceptive, and engages in fraudulent activities. It misrepresents about its tutors and about the materials it provides. Veritas prep is a total scam. Avoid it like plague.
D  9th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I don't know who you people work for, but Veritas is the real deal. Thanks to them I got a 750 on the GMAT, after scoring a 620 on my own. I took the Veritas last year, and afterward I felt so much more confident about the test. My instructor was great and the practice materials were terrific, including the practice tests that you peopel are harping on. I strongly recommend Veritas GMAT Prep.
A  4th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Veritas Prep is a scam! The instructor told our class that he had scored a 690 which is not near a 99th percentile. The material is also very out-dated and for the price they're offering the program, it's definitely a scam.
A  18th of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Veritas prep is total BS. My teacher -- Bryan -- was total imbecile and it was apparent that he had not taken the GMAT exam. Veritas prep scams you by falsely making phony claims about its teachers. I blew $1600. Be warned. Do not pick Veritas prep for GMAT course.
A  18th of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Why are you posting under the name Zachary, Scott? wise up. Admit it. Veritas prep is a total fraud. You folks lie about your tutors, your materials, and your worthless training methods. Shame on Veritas prep Gmat company.
A  13th of Oct, 2013 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Veritas Prep run by Chad Troutwine and Markus Moberg is a total fraud. The instructor at New York city - Chris Kane - is into rock climbing and has not taken the GMAT in the last 10 years. His score in the only test he took in 2000 was 590, which will give him a percentile ranking of 60%, not 99%. Veritas Prep is a scam that started with Chad Troutwine and Markus, fresh off Yale business school, bought some cheap GMAT books available in the market and started the bogus operation. They advertised on Craigslist and other shady forums and even stated in their ads that prior GMAT test or teaching experience is not required. A complaint has been filed with the attorney general of California and with AG of New York about Veritas Prep fraudulent claims and we will post updates on this complaints board soon.