Gmac Mortgage / mortgage modifacation

1 3451 hammond ave., p.o. box 780Waterloo, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-850-4622

In sept. 2009, I called gmac mortgage, I told them I would be a week late on my mortgage payment of 1330.49 do to decrease of income. (I have never been late or missed a payment in 14 years) iwas told that I was approved for a loan modifaction under the obama stimulus affordable housing program. That for sept. Oct. Nov. And dec. 2009 my payment would be 682.00. Was told that if I am denied, late fees and interest of about $ 4, 000.00 would accumulate during this 4 month program. I replied to the repersentive that I cannot do the program as I cannot pay that large amount of charges in 4 months. She replied "of course we do not expect you to pay that". I replied "what happens to these fees of 4, 000.00 dollars" she replied "that these charges would be applied to the end of the loan and can be paid if you sell you home or pass away and just sit there," you don't have to pay them.". At the time of this conversation she made me feel that she was telling me the truth as she was a loan specialist. I summited 3 loan modification applications during this 4- month period, was denied 1st time, was told that I did not make enough money. Called gmac and asked, what do I do at this point. Was told to apply again and show increase of income, she said" how many bedrooms do you have in your house? I said 2, she said, "then say that you are renting the 2nd bedroom out for like 400.00 a month. Go on google and down load a rental agreement and fill that out, send that in with 2nd set of your loan modification application even though your not actually renting a room. Was denied 2nd time, was told I don't make enough money after waiting for 6- weeks with - out no word on this. I called again after receiving a statement that I owed 3, 200.00 due 1st of nov.2009, then I called about this statement, was told to keep paying the $ 682.00. I sent gmac 1330.49 my regular payment amount due to fear of getting further behind on these charges even though she said not to. Seeing more and more deception on every call to this company! Then I called in dec.2009. Loan specialist told me that I sent too much and she applied the $ 1330.49 sent in nov.2009 of 682.00 for nov. S payment and $ 682.00 for dec. S 2009 $682.00, she told me to call back in jan. 2010, meanwhile I received a intent to foreclose, certified mail. I was so upset, called gmac immeditaley, was told that I had to do a re-payment plan for 6-months - jan.2010-june 2010 of the amount of $1867.87. I said at this time I cannot afford this amount. Was told" it does not matter what you can afford as if you don't pay this, we will foreclose. I continued to call several times after to try to get this amount reduced. I had to agree to the amount of $1768.40 which is just about bankrupting me. No money left for paying normal monthly bills. Car, utilities, etc. I feel strongly that false promises, deception, misrepresentation by gmac mortgage has done everything possible to destroy my life. Thank you; jeanette singh

Comments

• La
      18th of Feb, 2010

This is Not a complaint, let me repeat, this is NOT a complaint, this is for people that need help and got theirselves into jams w/ company's that took money upfront w/o helping them with a solution for their home, please check out this company, JK-Liberators Delinquent Mortgage & Debt Relief Program, www.jkliberators.org . They really helped me out when i was in a terrible jam AND i had little faith in them b/c i've been in 4 different loan mod programs, including Nationwide, and was ripped the hell off. BUT i prayed about it and decided to give it another try and i received really great results and i'm finally happy with the results. I highly recommend this company to anybody.

So far I've recommended this company to a couple of my neighbors and they are happy too. I know that working w/ another company my be hard, especially for me, just pray and put a little more trust in this people. U can call these people and get to speak w/ somebody(a REAL person) almost all the time, and receive and update. most of the time u would get a call before u can call them. there are really good on communication. so yes that is a plus.

If you would like to try them, the website is www.jkliberators.org and remember **NO UPFROUNT FEES!!!**

• Ki
      22nd of Aug, 2010

GMAC Mortgage is unethical. And our government gave them our tax dollars so we can pay GMAC Mortgage to lie to us. However, with all the noise I've been making and after filing a complaint with my Attorney General's office, the Office Of Financial Institutions, the Better Business Bureau, and others, I now have contact information for real, live people that are not customer service reps. GMAC Mortgage has an Advocacy Resolution Specialist and you can reach this department at 319-236-5373. I would urge anyone that has a dispute to call this department and let them assist you--I'm sure GMAC Mortgage would be delighted to hear from all of their dissatisfied customers.