GMAC Mortgage Company / Make hell out of your life!

3451 Hammond Avenue P.O. Box 780Waterloo, IA, United States Review updated:
3.5
Phone: 800-8504622

My life has been h*ll for the past 10 months!!! I have a house I bought in Las Vegas Nevada and it is on its way to foreclosure unless I can get help before the dead line of March 4!!! I have been waiting for a short sale for 10 months, I have currently stopped making payments because I can't afford it for about 5 months. The house has 2 loans which the bigger loan is through Wilshire and the smaller is through GMAC. Due to my begging with Wilshire I have gotten them to approve me for a short sale which needs to be processed before March 5. I have been trying to get a hold of GMAC by letters, phone calls and agents, but there is no response from them. They are ignoring everyone even Wilshire who is trying to negotiate a deal with them. If GMAC does not negotiate on the short sale before the date then the Wilshire short sale approval cancels too! This means my house will be in foreclosure!!! I have a preapproved buyer which means that GMAC should consider looking at my application, they loose more money through a foreclosure! I can't understand what kind of company corrupt company I am dealing with! I don't know what to do!!!
Va

Comments

Ev
  21st of Feb, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I'm having the same problem. I told GMAC months ago that I might need a short sale. They said no problem, contact us when you are in contract.

I'm about $5,000 short out of $420,ooo loan, of which $15,000 was due to a prepay penalty. I have a buyer and was scheduled to close at the end of the month (Feb), but my lawyer is getting nowhere with their loss mitigation department and I may lose the sale if we don't close by the end of the month.

Are they freaking nuts??? Now I can no longer afford the payments and GMAC will wind up losing more due to forclosure. I HATE GMAC!!
Le
  26th of Aug, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i have been dealing with gmac mortgage for two years when they recieving their money no problem but when they make a mistake and they owe you they dont want to give you anything the make profit of 40 to 80 thousand dollars of each loan they give over the years but the will not willing to pay you a couple hundred dollar their custumer service i like boreken cd every one of them inculude the superviser too
their line is ( I AM SORRY WE CANT DO NOTHING, THIS IS NOT OUR FAULT} so no matter what you explain even you have prove that their fault they will not accapted i hate gmac soon as i found another mortgage company this will be first and last time dealing with them
Ma
  25th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
GMAC will reap what they sow. We had an adjustable rate with interest at 9%. We contact GMAC to do a remodification. GMAC come up with a payment plan. That we couldn't afford. We couldn't afford to pay the monthly mortgage rate we had. The company would not redo loan to a remodification and now they have foreclosed on our home. This comapny is really nuts. Why would you want to foreclose on a home an lose money instead of helping the customer out. They are a big RIP OFF!!!.
Co
  30th of Oct, 2009
Mortgage companies dont care about what they have to do to get your home at a bargain. I live in Kentucky and we had a disasterious ice storm this pass Jan, 09.
I was with electric for a month. Our banks were closed for two weeks and my mail
did not run for 6 weeks. I had total devastation to my ranch and everyone but myself
was removed from lack of water, food and "no heat". I stayed on the ranch and took care of fixing alot of fencing, taking care of the horses and mainly just trying daily to survive.
I have a mortgage on one of my 7 homes here on my ranch, this ranch was passed down
to me by my father from his father who was the first dr. in this small town.
I did not pay my mortgage of 332.00 in Jan. or Feb., my thoughts were just not on bills
during this storm and its damage. In March i paid my mortgage n April, May and
June. I had just forgotten that i had not paid those two months. I did not ever once
receive a notice from Bankers of America, who had purchased Country Wide.
I never did receive a phone call. A tendant that rents this paticular home told
me that a man was here taking pictures of the home, and he told her he was with
Country Wide so i just figured he was taking pictures for the files to be current for
the Bankers of America sale. I am a cowgurl and also do sub jobs on hardwood floors and
ceramic tile...it was one hot day i came home and opened my mail. I opened up
a letter from Bankers of America with my uncashed check for July. I was truly surprised and most of all concerned with why they were sending me my check back.
I called and i got nowhere for three days ...i was just wanting to know what i needed
to do to make this right. It was evident they did not want me to make it right.
After a week i finally got someone who was actually interested in helping me .
I decided it would be best to let my POA and executor of my estate talk to these people, for she has had 30 years in Banking. She was astonished at the fees they wanted to charge
me for lawyers they said they had to use...but no lawyers were involved at this point
i later learned. It cost me over 4100.00 to settle a 800.00 payment max.
I found it astonishing and so did my executor how these people get by with
milking money from us hardworking people. Im a single 47 year old cowgirl and my
days are 14 hr days, usually 7 days a week. I work for every cent i bring into this ranch, i dont sit and try to figure out how to steal it ...like Bankers of America did to me.
A phone call would have been considerate. A letter would have been considerate, but
they never reached to me other than the uncashed check. GO FIGURE!
But...now i hear they have done this same thing to a senators daughter and daddy was
not too impressed with how they manage their mortgages.
It was 5 days after i had wired them the money they requested to make this mortgage
in good standing that the sheriffs dept. was serving me notice to apprear in court for
actions of foreclosure...since the sheriff is a good friend of mine, he understood that
a mistake had been made, plus also i had the 5 day old receipt of payment.
His remarks were...these people are crooks. It was two days after i wired them
this rediculous amount of money that i got an email from Bankers of America,
telling me that they had recently lost alot of their information on Country Wide
customers and then it dawned on me...wow...so i forwared this email onto my POA
and my executor who then realized their mistakes along with myself of why they did
what they did...So why did i have to pay for their mistakes in losing information?
You tell me.
Carrie Smith
Xi
  11th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My father died 2 years ago, leaving my mom with the house they had bought 10 years before. Since at the time of purchase my father was the only one working, he was the only one on the actual mortgage. My mom has gone through hell over the last 2 years trying to keep her house. They wont talk to her because she is not my Dad, and when she tells them that he has died. She has to go through all the red tape proving his death, and proving that she is the executor to his estate. Both times they have lost the fax and will not talk to her. Over the last 2 years, my mother had continued to send in the payments, which they have accepted based on what she remembered the amount to be. 5 months ago they began to refuse her payment. She has tried to talk to someone, yet after about an hour on the phone she is so frustrated, going around in circles and getting nowhere with the whole thing. Does it really matter who pays the mortgage as long as it gets paid? Obviously it matters to GMAC. They have no sympathy, my mother who lost my dad to cancer, is still being reminded of his death everyday because of GMAC's inability to work with her to keep the house my father bought.

I agree GMAC is a terrible company to work with. I have watched my mother lose so much since my fathers passing. This house was one of the few things she had left that reminded her of my dad and now she is going to lose that too.

Jessica
Du
  21st of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I HATE GMAC! We tried to short-sale our home and we had three buyers. Neither I nor our real estate rep could get anywhere with their loss mitigation department. They are rude and do not care. We lost the house to foreclosure.
Ka
  16th of May, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We are having Trouble with GMAC also. We are not behind and they got the locks changed on our house. Then having people come and mow our lawn. Did not tell us they did that. They are causing so much trouble my husband wants to let the House go back. But we are up to date. This is in Mount Pleasant, Ia. Does anyone know what we can do tho make them stop? We are poor people and need help. The Benz Family
Je
  4th of Aug, 2010
SAME STORY ONCE AGAIN! I am on my forth buyer and GMAC Mortgage REFUSES to work with me regarding my short sale. Neither me or my real estate agent can get any status on the short sale from them. It has been 60 days and still nothing. I am going to lose these buyers as well and lose the house. All they say is you must talk with your negotiator and that person NEVER returns phone calls or emails. They are nasty and do not care! I firmly believe they want to foreclose on my house to get TARP money! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!
Gm
  6th of Oct, 2010
I HATE GMAC. WE ARE IN CHAPTER 13 AND IT THE WORST DECISION WE EVER MADE. HAVE PAID THESE [censor] OVER $30, 000 AND THEIR ATTORNEY IS CONSTANTLY TRYING TO LIFT OUR STAY OF FORECLOSURE. We have to overdraw our checking to get our payment in to the trustee on time. If it isn't on time, the ahole attorney files a default notice and we have to pay his frig'g fees. Never, never, will I ever use GMAC for a mortgage lender again. They are [censor].
Gm
  6th of Oct, 2010
And don't get suckered in by their stupid Ally Bank crap. They're the same company. I want to see them go under. These banks will never get another person to take a mortgage from them. A bank loan for a home is a triple net lease. You get to pay the rent/house pymt, maintenance, AND TAXES. And then the value of your house dumps. What a great investment. I'm renting from now on. At least I won't have to pay taxes and maintenance.
Cb
  30th of Nov, 2010
This breaks my heart to see how many of you are dealing with the same misery that my husband and I are going thru with GMAC Mortgage. I have been trying to save my house for over a year now, I can't get anyone to help me out or return my calls, I dont know where to go for help. GMAC DOES NOT CARE. On the short occasion I do get ahold of someone, they tell me I'm not authorized to talk to them. I'm confused????? But you will cash my checks I've sent you???? I WILL NEVER GO THRU GMAC AGAIN. My house is currently in foreclosure and a sale date rapiditly approaching in February 2011, and I can't get anywhere with these people. NEVER, NEVER AGAIN. I'm soooo sorry to all of you in the same boat. I will keep you in my prayers.
Me
  11th of Aug, 2011
GMAC is the worst mortgage Company in existence. I am not behind on my payments yet, but my job has changed and I have had a serious drop in pay. Because my job is seasonal it is usually much worse in the Winter, therefore the anticipation of not being able to pay has me terrified. I decided to try to get my loan amount dropped through a loan modification. After months of going through their financial anaylsis, and repeating it twice because THEY waited too long .I had to start over. After the two days it took for them to decide, I find out my house payment is going up. Now I was turned down for the modification but because I did not pay my insurance and taxes through escrow and on my own, GMAC decided to do it for me, so I was turned down for the modification and my payment went from 841 a month to 905 a month to compensate for the escrow..(That I have always paid on my own) and if I would have been approved for the modification it would have been 1098 a month. What the hell? AND, the reason they turned me down..I was not 90 days behind! They have never been nice, and I have often wished they would go under, but we all know that will never happen because they have received millions from the government in the last five years...Millions to help hurting homeowners. What a freaking joke...I HATE GMAC!