Gmac / lien release

1 Cockeysville, MD, United States Review updated:

I have been calling gmac for over a month at [protected]. The owner of the truck said the lien has been satified yet gmac will not send lien release that it has been satified or not. I feel that if dmv allows liens on vehicles then they should govern these lien releases and handled in a timely fashion. Coon's supply inc. Has been trying to get this cleared up but is getting nowhere either. If there's anything i can do please let me know. I need all the help i can get to get this cleared up. Thank you very much

Comments

• Mi
      13th of Feb, 2008
    Gmac - Harassment at work!
    GMAC

Gmac called my employer about a loan problem. They left a number to call 1 800 551 5377 ext 73529. I called and talked to a lady who said there is no ext with that number... I gave her my name and she found the file but couldn't pull it up??? She wanted my ssn and wouldn't do anything without it.

• De
      24th of Mar, 2008
    Gmac - No response!
    Prairie Village
    Kansas

I have tried since March 1 to speak to someone other than customer service, since I cannot make my March 1 payment. Customer service gave me incorrect information as to who my acct person was and I spent two weeks, calling and leaving messages, faxing a message and then find out it was the wrong person. I have now been transferred to the right person for the last two weeks. Can't leave a voicemail, because their mailbox is full, I have faxed and emailed this person and there is no response. I am getting calls because I am late, I stay on the line, talk to customer service and then get transferred to a mailbox that is full again. How can anyone get any help. All I want is for a short sale package to be sent to me, which customer service said they would do a on March 3rd. Still haven't received it. I can sell but now without their help.

• Bo
      29th of Jul, 2008
    Gmac - Illegal dunning activity
    California

constant calls to talk with their mortgage holder, who isn't me. refusal to remove my number and stop calling, despite being on the registered do not call list

• Sh
      14th of Aug, 2008
    Gmac - Late payment
    GMAC

Do not use them folks, they will have fake late payments. It will go on your credit and you have to call and write them letters to correct the problem. They are bad news.

• He
      26th of Sep, 2008

I am a homeowner with $250, 000 equity. We held a home equity through GMAC. We got a letter the other day stating that our home equity is suspended. We have a excellent credit score and have never never been late. I called them and they asked me do you know what the economy is like? We are suspended every home equity loan.. BEWARE this company sucks!!! Pull out now and never let them finance your home.

• Ro
      23rd of Mar, 2009
    Gmac - CUSTOMER SERVICE
    Tampa
    Florida

AGENTS THAT DOES NOT SPEAK OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH. CALLS REGARDING THE SAME ISSUE ABOUT 4-5 TIMES A DAY, 5 DAYS A WEEK. LOOKS LIKE THEY DONOT READ THE NOTES BEFORE CALLING. IT BECOMES HARASSMENT AFTER THE 2ND CALL WITH THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. HOW DO YOU STOP THIS?

• El
      16th of May, 2009

Do you have the customer service info? My husband just found out that a car he paid of 20 years ago still hasn't had the lien released! We now want to donate the car to Salvation Army and get it off our hands, but we cannot without the title. What a nightmare. We dont even know who to call because it's been so long. Can you post the customer service address and phone number? Thanks.

• Jt
      31st of Oct, 2009

I have a 2000 vehicle that has been paid for for approximately 4 years and have never received the lien release from GMAC. I cannot get a copy of the title without it. TConroy

• Ed
      17th of Nov, 2009

I have moved to Albuquerque, N.M. and I am trying to change my car registration from Florida to this State. The process is not easy and now I learned I must obtain the title from your office to complete registration. Can you Fax a copy to the MVD office at Fax # 5052930238
    My name and former address in Fl follows. Edwin Moody, 1541 Shelter Cove drive, Fleming Island Fl 32003. My monthly payment are paid via my Wachovia Bank account. The Buick was purchased from Garber Auto Mall, Greencove Springs, Fl.
    My new address is 10108 Coronado Ave.N.E. Albuquerque, NM 87122

• Ro
      7th of Apr, 2010
    Gmac - Very unpleasant experience
    gmac.com

I purchased a new saturn on 8/10/09 at Saturn of Plymouth the vehicle had 249 miles on it at time of purchased. On 0819/09 with 549 miles on the vehicle it is sitting at the dealership with a blown head casket. I did want this car I feel the dealership should replace this vehicle and send the original to gmac to determine why a car with 549 miles blows a headcasket.

28th of Jun, 2010
    Gmac - They will not give me my money back
    gmac.com

Paid Pointe GMC dealer in Carneys Point N. J. for tax and tags for four years and now my TEMP tag is expired for more than 3 days now. They will not give me my money back so I can go get tags myself. And if that was'nt BAD enough, they want to wait 4 more days to get them. NO mention of giving me another T Tag either. THIS is why fewer and fewer people want to buy American cars. Add me to that list.

• 10
      30th of Jul, 2010
    Gmac - mortgage practices
    GMAC Mortgage
    Texas

I have been trying to deal with GMAC for two eyars -- hopelessly. Does anyone know of class action lawsuits in Texas. I am ready to join one.

• Ru
      30th of Jul, 2010

go to frauds and scams see if they are listed in there

• Da
      15th of Feb, 2011

I am current on my mortgage and pay at least 2-3 weeks in advance every month. Last January (1/2010) I was laid off and immediately contacted GMAC Mortgage to let them know of my hardship. They asked me if I could borrow money from family! I managed to stay afloat for a little while but slowly became more and more behind. I contacted GMAC again asking about perhaps a load remodification or -something- to handle my hardship until I could get back on my feet. I turned in the small book that was the application and waited to hear back. I called them after 5 days and was told it took 7-10. After day 7 I called every day until finally 2 weeks later I was informed my application was declined because I did not have enough income. Seriously? I was pretty much being set up for forclosure except that I landed a new job. I contacted their company and set up a repayment plan. I asked them "Will this plan make it so that as of August 1st I am current 100%?" I was told 'Yes'. I was also informed that they would continue to report I was delinquent to the credit bureaus AND I would continue to assess late charges. I was fine with this so long as by August I was current again and had everything back on strait.

I was paying nearly double my old mortgage payment to catch back up. I was eating PB&J every day for nearly 6 months straight and come August I was ready to celebrate. I make my final "huge" payment and come around for the September bill it's still high. I call them up and was informed that it was because all the "Late fees" that were assessed during my repayment plan were then applied to my next bill. This was the first I was informed that would be the case. Outraged and angry there's nothing I could do, GMAC owns my soul.

Here it is February, 2011. I have been current on my mortgage since September. I applied every extra penny I had to make sure I was not only on-time with my mortgage but I flat out pay early. This month I get a bill that has a $147 in misc "other" charges with no explination. I call them up and was informed that whenever you pay over 45 days late they tack on an Inspection Charge.
    Why weren't these charges assessed when I was actually late? Why did they wait another YEAR before assessing these charges? It sounds like a major scam to me.

I am at the point where I have to call GMAC every month to dispute or get further explination of one thing or another. I rarely have a statement that is plain and simple "P&I, Escrow, Your Amount Due: BLAH". There's always some miscellaneous fee that they usually take off after I point it out and demand an explination.

This is the worst organization I have ever had the displeasure of working with. I just want to pay my damn mortgage without having to call them every single month. As soon as I am able to refinance I am going to do so and make sure I go through a bank that will not sell my mortgage to GMAC. I think it should be illegal to sell your mortgage without at least the homeowner's consent!

• Be
      24th of Feb, 2011
    Gmac - They make you feel degrading
    GMAC

All i want is to fix our mistakes and your custmore service people don't care all it is is a job well here you have custmores who care and want to get help all they do is say to bad.i would like a manager to call me our email me they say they don't talk to ustmores if it wasn't for us they would not have jobs.

• Al
      24th of Feb, 2011

custmores? please learn punctuation, my eyes are in pain reading that...

• Fi
      27th of Jul, 2011
    Gmac Real Estate - Misrepresentation
    GMAC Real Estate

Connie Cornish, of Gloria Nilson GMAC Real Estate in Monroe New Jersey, misrepresented her clients from who my parents were trying to buy from. At every twist and turn she kept delaying the deal saying that the owners, who were actually selling the home on behalf of their deceased parents, kept throwing up rediculous roadblocks and making arbitrary demands.

In truth, it was she who was delaying the deal because she wanted her own buyer so she wouldn’t have to split the commision. The sellers knew nothing about what she was doing. All the things they told my parents about what the sellers were doing and saying was a lie.

We wonder what nonesense she was telling them about my parents…that’s if she even really presented their offer to them.

My parents did find a place, but also lost a buyer for their house in the process and had to start over. They are going to file a complaint against her and also might file a lawsuit as well.

• Ge
      27th of Jul, 2011
    Gmac - Scam
    GMAC

I’ve been waiting 4 months to get a respond every time I call there is a different answer.
    Now they are mailing me new forms that already been sent. They said since Obama is president things had chaged. I don’t understand. NACA sent them my package.

• Ka
      4th of Oct, 2011

I feel your pain. I paid my car off in August 2005 one year after I purchased it. I am still waiting for a lien release from GMAC and the title for my car. What does one need to do to get GMAC to do their job correctly?? GMAC needs to seriously look at their internal procedures for processing lien releases. An audit performed by an independent contractor would be a good start. Then finish up with acting upon the audit findings and make the necessary changes and lets not forget the QAQC (quality assurance/quality check). And send me my lien release...

• He
      20th of Jan, 2012
    Gmac - ECOW
    118 bayou ave
    Saraland
    Alabama
    Phone: 251-455-4594

Jacking ecrow payment up, too make house payment higher. I Have pay the amount they ask but the payment going up need help please. I sent them the money they take some out and sent the rest back. Please get back with soon as possible before I can not afford to pay them.