Gmac Auto Financing / auto financing

GMAC and Auto financing is the worst ever. I will never ever use General Motors or GMAC financing until the day I die. I cosigned for my Nieces Saturn over 4 years ago and there were no problems until she developed a serious Medical condition about 18 months ago. I have been making all the payments since then. I cannot get GMAC to send me an accounting or a payment book no matter how many times I ask. I immediately pay when I get the late notification but even though I make the payment the same day I get the notification they will immediately call my home, work and cell phone. Every time I call them they demand my address, Phone number work number and cell number. I will never use GMAC or drive a GMAC Car or Truck as long as I live and I will tell EVERYONE how bad they are.

Wd

Comments

• Do
      6th of Apr, 2009

I'm with you on that...they suck and don't care...they pulled 2 car payments from our account without permission...ready to give them back their damn car...to much drama

• Al
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I also HATE GMAC!!! We just purchased a car from someone who finaned it through GMAC and now we have to wait 7-10 days for them to sign off on the title. They say it's policy. What crap!!! I now have a car that I have paid for and can't drive until they send me a letter signing off on the title. Dumb if you ask me.

• Au
      26th of Jun, 2009

Although GM and GMAC have received government help GMAC will do nothing to help me with my car payments although I have been out of work for 6 months. Their only suggestion..."go to a GM dealer and see if they will refinance". Oh sure, without a job they are going to refinance. I don't think so. I will NEVER buy another GM vehicle or finance through GMAC.

• De
      8th of Sep, 2009

For a company that is willing to take my tax dollars, they sure don't like to work with you. Here's a nasty little story, 3 years 8 months of payments on a four year note, almost done yay! Wrong! Fell in to a little slump ran two months late, I was ready to make a payment on 09/03 and had payment arrangments made for that date. On 09/02 at 10:30 pm who else shows at my door other than Mr. repo man to my suprise. I'm thinkin NO WAY I'll have the $ in an hour and a half via direct deposit. WTF right. I see my check post at Midnight, I make a decent buck, about 2k every two weeks, so I'm set right... Bzzzzz Wrong! So I call the houston office the next day, mind you after the incredibly embarrasing call to my boss as to why I wouldn't be at work for the next couple of days. I receive an automated message stating I need to let the vehicle process for 24 hours before I can get it back. FINE, I wait then. I call back the next day, talk to a gm rep. Now not only am I due the past two months I owed, I am also due late fees, FINE. I get it, I was late and I'll pay the fees, Oh now I need to pay the lot fee, towing fee, and good faith deposit on the car. WHAT?! Ok fine, I can only do half of this now, I also have to pay my mortgage this pay period, they'll have to wait two weeks to get the other half and I'll get my car back right, RIGHT?! NOPE wrong. The car was sent to auction that weekend. THANKS GMAC YOUR THE BEST!

• Gm
      13th of Jan, 2010

GMAC Auto Financing is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They lied about their names, wouldn't give me their last name, transferred me to non-existent extensions and extensions for their tech department. They took out 2 payments without my consent which caused me overdraft fees galore. They said it would take 10 or more business days to reverse the charges. I am livid and I am ready to let them reposess my car. I will never, ever, buy another car from GM because of this.

I am going to file a complaint with the BBB in Michigan in regards to this treatment and unbelievable poor customer service. I hope that will make them take notice of how poorly that company is run. I will never allow anyone that is close to me to ever purchase a car through them ever again.

• Jl
      3rd of Mar, 2010

i have a 2007 pontiac g6 gt financed through GMAC and they have the WORST service hands down. Everytime i have had to make an arrangement for a payment and they "add notes" and state that this has all been set up i get 4 or 5 phone calls a day from some rude customer service rep stating that i am past due by 900.00 and when i tell them that i have already made arrangements and its in the notes they can NEVER FIND THEM. I admit that i am behind but due to recent hour cuts i am making my payments to the best of my ability with the skin of my teeth. today i got a voicemail from a person that said that she was with loss prevention and i better call her back. she didnt ask she DEMANDED that i call her back like im a child. i called back and spoke to yet another rude customer service rep from the 800 number that asked if i can "borrow money from a family member" ARE THEY THAT DAMN DESPERATE? They have asked for a handout using MY tax dollars and i cant catch a break? I have found that if you call the 904 number for GMAC you will get decent human beings that will tell you the TRUTH that even if you get the threatening I intend on taking you vehicle by such and such date that it wont happen.
    Anyone know if you can refinance a loan to get lower payments even if you are behind? i am having a difficult time paying 450 a month on a 1500 a month salary with my other bills??

• Pi
      4th of Mar, 2010

Just had my car repo'd by GMAC this morning. I had an agreement with GMAC for a 60 day extension. The NEVER sent the paperwork. I called them on a weekly basis for months (while still making my regular payment). This morning... DING DONG, REPO MAN! "Answer your door you F---ing deadbeat, otherwise we're gonna take your sh**, Nig***." Mind you, I'm not black, but absoutely despise that type of language. No one should ever have to deal with that. I call GMAC afterwards inquiring as to why the extension didn't go through. Not ONE of these people had a legit answer. All they would say was "We're just following procedure.". Well, guess what GMAC, you just screwed up. In the state of Iowa, you HAVE to give the debtor a 20 day right to cure the debt by certified mail. No notice was ever given, and they still just showed up, blocked me in my own driveway, the repo guy cracked the window on my back door by pounding on it, threatened me personally (told me that he would ram my car if I tried to leave my driveway, thus disabling the vehicle... Which I would have to pay for). THEN, he decided to take my things out of my trunk and throw them in the snow, ruining a poster collection from years of USAF service. Little do they know, that I don't care what kind of Gestapo tactics they use. I have them on voice recording with 4 representatives, refusing to do anything about it. We've already reported them to the Atty General of IA, and we're also sueing for damages. NEVER, EVER do ANY business with this company. All they are is scam artists that have no consideration for legal process or people in general.

• Ut
      17th of Mar, 2010

We've been waiting for GMAC finance to send some documentation since November to modify/refinance loan terms. After case was filed they contacted us by phone: violation of BK laws. Went to court to reafirm Ch 7 in Dec. they didn't show up or send any acceptance or denial of claim. Get letter in mail demanding full past due payment within few days. Call number on letter get run around, extension doesn't exist. They claim calls were made and documents mailed to attorney, he claims he didn't get either one. Now dealing with not only them in trying to find out contact for their loss department. Also for risk of repossesion of another vehicle from money hungry local credit union. In default of reconfirmation terms but asked repeatedly of attorney to help negotiate other payment terms. These companies shouldn't have this much control over peoples livelihoods in this economy. Jobs are scarce, people are doing all they can to regain employment and employers can sit and discriminate against older workers or for other factors that have no bearing on ability to do job well. Debt collectors are scam and just want to get an emotional rise out of you because they know they have a virtual gun to your head and will jump as high as they order you to.

• Vi
      25th of Oct, 2011

gmac companuy has not given my NOC certificate.finance was clear in 2004.please give me noc

8th of Nov, 2013

I tried to make a payment, and I am past due 70 days, but their website will not allow me to actually make the payment. How can they refuse my payments????? They are demanding that I call them yet they won't take my money. I have been paying them a little every week until I can catch up. Everyone is right, the company is crooked