GM / product recall action - 2004 gmc envoy

1 United States

I received a notice from GM dated November 2015 in regard to fuel leaks and fuel issues on my 2004 GMC Envoy. The vehicle, unfortunately, has not been working properly most of the 2015 year. From September 2015 through January 2016, the vehicle has been parked and without plates. In January 2016, I was able to have the vehicle towed at my own expense to a GM dealer, per the instructions on the notice sent to me. I believed that this was going to be fixed at no cost to myself. I received a call from the Service Representative at Bower GM in Pleasant Hills, Pennsylvania and was informed that GM will NOT be covering the intended repairs and that the total cost to repair the vehicle will be $972.63 which I do not have as a single mother. In total, I have paid over $12, 000.00 for this vehicle as of October 2014 and it has been on the road a total of 6 months the whole time. I cannot afford the repair bill and it was rejected due to be over the 150, 000 mileage restriction. I created a case (Case No. 8-[protected] with GM in which I received no call in regard to this decision. This vehicle, unfortunately, has placed me at risk for my job at Forbes Hospital. With all the problems, etc. I have been forced to call off of work, etc. Now Bowser GM will not release the vehicle without paying the invoice to actually evaluate the vehicle in the amount of $89.95. If GM is not going to be responsible for the actual repairs which I think it unacceptable, I should NOT be responsible for the $89.95 fee for the actual evaluation at Bowser GM since I was instructed to take to a GM dealer with the understanding that it was going to be compensated. I would have never taken it to a dealership if it did not require the same. Please help in this matter. I have had more problems with this vehicle than I care to admit. I am asking you to either reconsider the repair and/or the cost of the evaluation in the amount of $89.95 with Bowser GM. Thank you. Sincerely, Tina R. Evans [protected]

Ti