GM Fuel Price Protection Program / They don't want to pay

I purchased a 2006 Chevy Impala because it came with the General Motors Fuel Price Protection Program which guarantees that I only pay $1.99 per gallon for gas for the next 12 months no matter how far I drive.

GM funds this program through the use of a Debit Master Card. They read your milage each month based on Onstar and depending on when they read it, they are supposed to post money to your card on either the 15th or 30th of each month. This is the second month in a row that GM has not funded the card in a timely manner. Their customer service on this issue is second rate and rude and they will not give you a number to contact GM directly. I have called both GM and Chevrolet only to be told that they will fund they card when they will fund the card. GM is in violation of their own printed literature regarding the program. Their customer service knows how much is supposed to be funded to the card but says that GM has not released the funds yet and will only tell you that they will be released sometime during the week. GM has this money sitting in an account that pays interest and is making money off the amount that they are supposed to be putting in to your account. Why is it that GM can put the money in the account as agreed. No wonder they are in financial trouble. My recommendation, never buy a GM product with a gas incentive. They don't want to pay you.

Du

Comments

• Sh
      27th of Oct, 2006

I agree. I am in the same situation!

• Di
      28th of Nov, 2006

I am very disappointed in your comments and I definitely disagree. I have had nothing but a great experience. The customer service representatives I spoke with in the escalation department were friendly and always responded to my questions in a timely manner. I have also never had a problem with my reimbursements. It's a shame that people like you are bored and have to come up with nonsense like this.

• Er
      26th of Jun, 2007

I, too, disagree with this complaint. I leased a Suburban last year, in part, because of the price protection guarantee. I've had it for almost a year and never had an issue with the money not being credited. It's always in on the 15th, which usually is just when I need gas and have no $$! I just wish they'd continue the program after December of '07!