GM Certified / Bad service

Contacted GM Certified about the lack of ownership that Pat O'Brien Chevrolet provided on a GM Certified vehicle. Went to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) first, the dealer provided some explanation, but could never furnish a copy of the 117 Point GM Certified inspection. The dealership sales manager, Cliff Weber, ended contact with the BBB. I went to GM Certified and explained my complaints. They said a GM Certified representative would handle my case. The representative called me the next day, Tina Fagan 866.790.5700 x21971 Case #[protected] and said the dealer sent the information to the BBB. I told her that 2 days ago the BBB closed the case and I had the confirmation email, they were lying. She continued to talk and it was realized that she did not want to assist me any further in obtaining a copy of the 117 Point inspection. From my experience, it has been determined that the certified vehicle inspection list bears little in assurance that the dealership actually performs a diligent review of the vehicle other than cleaning it.

Ga

Comments

• Wa
      11th of Dec, 2008

Contacted GM Certified about the lack of ownership that Pat O'Brien Chevrolet provided on a GM Certified vehicle. Went to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) first, the dealer provided some explanation, but could never furnish a copy of the 117 Point GM Certified inspection. The dealership sales manager, Cliff Weber, ended contact with the BBB. I went to GM Certified and explained my complaints. They said a GM Certified representative would handle my case. The representative called me the next day, Tina Fagan 866.790.5700 x21971 Case #71-685813812 and said the dealer sent the information to the BBB. I told her that 2 days ago the BBB closed the case and I had the confirmation email, they were lying. She continued to talk and it was realized that she did not want to assist me any further in obtaining a copy of the 117 Point inspection. From my experience, it has been determined that the certified vehicle inspection list bears little in assurance that the dealership actually performs a diligent review of the vehicle other than cleaning it.

• Pa
      11th of May, 2010

@Walter,

Thank you for visiting Pat O'Brien Chevrolet. We would like to clarify a few things. The GM Certified 117 Point Inspection means that your vehicle underwent a rigorous 117-Point inspection process conducted by GM-trained technicians. Each inspection is required to adhere to strict, factory-set standards to ensure that every vehicle's engine, chassis and body is in excellent condition.

The GM Certified website explains each of the 117 points that we check on the vehicle. Upon viewing the GM Certified website you are able to view each and every points that we check.

We uphold and adhere to GM's standards in quality and will not let a vehicle through our Service Department if everything has not been checked properly.

We invite everyone reading this to search the Better Business Bureau's website for Pat O'Brien Chevrolet East aka Patrick O'Brien Jr. Chevrolet Inc. to find that the Better Business Bureau gives us a rating of A.

Thank you for your review.

• Go
      7th of Sep, 2010

GM CERTIFIED does not mean anything. It is a load of crap. I bought a $40, 000 dollar 2008 truck with 9400miles on it, and seeing it was GM CERTIFIED I trusted the dealer that it was what they said it was, a clean car with a clean carfax. Once I bought the car and took it home, I noticed the fender paint was like an orange peel and did not match the hood at all. Well the car was in an accident the fender was aftermarket junk, the grill was from a 1500 not a 2500 and did not fit. The bumper was also from a 1500. Under the hood the air intake box and the radiator over flow tank were just floating around with broken mounts. Is this what GM Certified is. As long as the carfax is clean and there has been no frame damage, they can sell you a car with a ford front end on it. My case no is 71-8644212934