Globix / scam

1 Columbia, SC, United States Review updated:

I recieved UPS a check for $3800.00 and then recieved instructions to cash it, take 10% off the top and then Western Union the rest (less the Western Union charge-generous huh?) of the cash to some place in England that doesn't seem to exist. Not only that but out of curiousity I took it to my bank to see what they would say and the teller immediately said to take it to the police. The check almost looks real but not quite and the credit union that they are using is an actual place. I hope that these guys get caught.

Di

Comments

• Lo
      13th of Oct, 2008

i have recieved at least 10 phone calls today from people who have recieved in the mail checks with my name and address on them drawn on wachovia bank in varing amounts... i do not have an account with wachovia...and have not sent out any checks...
    I WOULD LIKE IT NOTED THAT I AM NOT THE ONE SENDING THESE LETTERS OUT... I DONT KNOW WHO IT IS.. AND I DONT KNOW WHY THEY HAVE DONE THIS.

LOUIS BERNARD SHOBE

• Th
      26th of Oct, 2008

hi, i have recieved the same work from home program with the ten persent coming off of the checks being delivered .i have recieved two checks one for 3250.00 and one for 3700.00 i thought it was kind of odd about why they need a middleman to cash the checks and deliver the balance to a person in south carolina, they told me that i would be hired as a payroll co-ordinator. the compamy that i am working for is actual but they have not returned my calls they are based out of new york, they are called Toski, schaefer & co