Globe Telecom / customer service & billing system

Philippines Review updated:

We've been subscribing to some of Globe's postpaid plans. I say 'we' because my tita is the one applying and gives us the gadget so we're the ones paying the bills out of our allowances. One time I asked her about how the advance payment is being consumed. She told me she doesn't know because everytime she asks them she gets confused, which btw I think is a tactic they do so u'll feel like an idiot and just go on and pretend u understood.

Now I got my second postpaid plan. About 15 or 16 days after it got activated, I tried checking on my outstanding balance thru *143# in thoughts there would be nothing yet. To my surprise, it said I have 451 balance due on March 2 and my cut off date is every 9th of the month. I was like 9??? Why 9 when my account got activated on the 27th? So I contacted them. I wanted them to change my cut off date because I was under the impression that my first bill will be counted 30 days from the date it got activated. But they said it can be done but it will only take effect after 30 days. I said that is unacceptable. So the bill was a pro rate charge for what I have consumed from Jan27-Feb9 oh my gosh! When I asked the agent Edmond about their basis in determining the cut off date, HE PREMATURELY TERMINATED THE CHAT AND SENT ME HIS CLOSING SPIEL.

So I contacted them again. Another stupid thing they do is to ask about a chat ticket number if you have one. I thought that was for ease of checking on the previous chat so u dont have to tell them the issue again from scratch. WhenI did provide for my chat ticket number with Edmond, the previous agent, Olivia, the subsequent agent said she cannot check on it. The EFF! Whatta waste! Same thing, she didnt resolve the issue. She wasnt replying for a few minutes and then the system suddenly said I am being transferred to a BBR agent?! What the F is a BBR agent?! Eventually, no BBR agent available said the system. DON'T THEY KNOW THAT BEFORE A CUSTOMER IS TO BE TRANSFERRED, HE HAS TO BE INFORMED ABOUT IT AND THE REASON WHY SUCH ACTIS NEEDED?! HAVE THEY BEEN TRAINED?!

Wouldn't you feel infuriated when this happens to you?

I was tweeting about this the same time I was talking to their agents. Guess what? 4 agents assisted me and no one of them has been helpful. One agent provided me my bill's breakdown according to them.

Hero of Globe: "Here's the details of your 1st bill: total amount due is 451.15. (breakdown): prorated MSF from Jan27 - Feb9 amounting 402.82 w/o VAT -and advance MSF 999 from Feb10 - Mar9 amounting 891.96 w/o VAT. *plus VAT 155.37 = 1, 450.15 less advance payment 999 = 451.15"

That just got me confused. I tried computing it myself. If you would check on every figure he provided, you will see that the allegedly 155.37 VAT cannot be a 12% VAT to any of em. Did you notice how they even included the advance payment? That is bullcrap. The 451.15 is actually 402.82 (charge for what I have consumed from 1/27-2/9) plus 48.33 (actual 12% VAT). This should have been the equation given to me. But why did they do that? Was it for me to think that my advance payment has really been consumed? LOL. I aint fool. I may not be good in Math but this one's pretty basic. And 891.96 MSF? What happened to 999? Smh.

Nonetheless, I still don't agree to this. I'm still pushing that my first bill should cover Jan 27 until February 26. That is not a big amount if I'm going to tolerate this, they'll just continue doing it. Does anyone of you know if there is any Philippine version of Better Business Bureau (BBB) here in the Philippines? I wish to file a complaint.

Gs
Feb 17, 2014

Comments

26th of Jan, 2015

it also happen to me...i ask there agents not only once but thrice about skype chat...there agent reply back saying its a simple chat like i used in yahoo chat..then 2 months i didn't receive my bill. when i receive my bill i got 18 000 pesos of bill. TO MY SURPRICE I DIDNT SEE ANY CHARGE ABOUT CHAT INSTEAD IT CHARGE ME INTERNATIONAL TEXT. I try to call and complaint to there service agent for 2 months. i even consult there service center and they cant provide solution. They insist that i should pay this amount which there mistake.

• Pu
      17th of Nov, 2016

indeed! it happened to me, just this month... I end up paying kasi there is no point arguing. wala din ako mapapala. gahaman talaga ang GLOBE TELECOM na yan, ang bagal pa nmn ng Connection nila. sakto na nga yung binabayad natin or should I say, sobra sobra na nga yung binabayad natin, basura pa rin ang internet connection nila, usad pagong pa rin. Nakakainis lng talaga isipin. Hay Naku!