Globaltellink / WORST SERVICE EVER/BLOCK ON PHONE

WORST SERVICE EVER. I SWEAR. THEY PUT A BLOCK ON MY PHONE WITHOUT A WARNING OR ANYTHING AND THEN TEHY ALWAYS SAY THEY HAD 3 WAY CALL DETECTING KNOWING THAT THERE WAS NO ATTEMPT MADE TO MAKE A 3 WAY CALL AND THEN AFTER ALL THAT THEY CHARGE YOU ANOTHER CONNECTION FEE JUST TO CALL BACK WHEN THERE WAS NO MISTAKE MADE IN THE FIRST PLACE. IT IS SOOOOO AGGRAVATING.
THEN WHEN I CALL TO FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON I GET THE RUDEST PERSON AND THEN SHE PUTS ME ON HOLD FOR LIKE HALF AN HOUR. THEY NEED TO BE TAUGHT SOME MANNERS

Mb

Comments

• Me
      19th of Aug, 2008

Worst Attitude. Rip off company!
    Stealing monies from honest folk in dire straits!
    It is absolutely amazing how they get away with this scam.
    WHO can we go to for action against this company?

• Ca
      6th of Sep, 2008

All I know is who ever is the CEO/Owner they have no heart.

I don't understand why they have to make the calls so much, then make it so we cant even talk once it does goes work.

• We
      22nd of Sep, 2008

yes they did the same to me son unos inconcientes por que saben que son la unica compañia que hay ahora mismo de las prisiones no sirven son muy mal hablados nunca han aprendido lo que es customer service

• Tr
      1st of Oct, 2008

This is the WORST company I have ever dealt with. I have been recieving calls just fine through them for over a year and jsust last week there was a block put on their automated system claimed there was a block from my local phone company(at&t), when I contacted AT&T they of course said there was no block and even tried to stay on the phone with me to conference a call to them. When I was finally able to get a rep. on the line there I explained situation and told me there was nothing they could there was a block from phone co. I asked to speak to manager was blindly transferred to a voice mail and NEVER received return call. i plan on writing to the Attorney General's office TODAY and suggest you do the same!

• Ti
      4th of Nov, 2008

globaltellink let me recieve calls for two weeks without updating there system then arter that they said i owed 600.00 . but it was there srew up they didnt update there systems. i dislike there service and they just takes people money because they know your loved ones have to call you, thats why they think they can just do it.

• Li
      20th of Nov, 2008

i think the calls that are being made should be taken off your account right away not two or three days later they tell you that you have this amount then next thing you know you are in the negative and that you owe them i personally dont think that prepaid calls should we have to pay taxes on them that is where alot of our money goes to the taxes we are being ripped off by this co. yes i agree is there another co. we can get calls fromif known please email me

• Dc
      20th of Nov, 2008

Globaltellink is a rip off!!! Big time!!! Trust me!! I am not a cheap person but they are ridiculous and scam artists. If the inmate was able to call you initiallly, do not set up an account with Globallink. They will only rip you off, TRUST ME!! If you try to pay over the phone, and they decline your payment sometimes your cedit card will still be charged. BE CAREFUL! And review your bank statements. PLEASE! I plan on complaining to tht Better Business Bureau. Everyone please do the same.

• Ve
      26th of Nov, 2008

I agree with all of the comments. For the person who said, "if the inmate was able to call you initially, do not set up an account with Globallink, " I wasn't given a choice. One day the call came through just fine, then the next day I received a call from the automated system at Globallink telling me to call them to set up an account to receive future calls. After faxing my current phone bill to them, and waiting 3 weeks, yes 3 weeks to find out something, I'm not satisfied with their service at all. We should have been given a choice whether or not we wanted to sign up with Globallink!!!

• La
      30th of Nov, 2008

you should have seen it when mci was who it had to be through- before we won the lawsuit the calls were almost $10 for every half an hour- i have not had as many problems with global tel, but im sure the cust svc is prob not much better because most companies treat inmate families like dirt of the earth. keep your heads up and be thankful we won the lawsuit against mci and switched to global tel becauswe mci was hundreds of times worse.

• To
      16th of Jan, 2009
    GlobalTelLink - Rip-off
    GlobalTelLink
    Richmond
    Virginia

Their service is the absolute worst! They are the real criminals and the ones who should be behind bars! They have numerous hidden fees, and are liars.
    If you can get around not using their services, than do so.

18th of Jan, 2009

I cannot believe this is a legitimate company. I received the first call from a friend, heard the recorded instructions, followed them as requested and then I was disconnected instantly. My card was charged but they said they dont take the kind of visa prepaid I used. The woman was rude and the card was not refunded. I guess they do take that kind of card but provide no service in return. This is the such a hustle and it shocks me that it is legal. It reminds me of movies about organized crime. I sympathize with all of you and I wish your friend or family member whom you are trying to communicate with much health and safety.

• Ju
      30th of Jan, 2009

got a new phone number called to have the balance transferred to my new number and rep procesed it and said a manager would call me back and that was 2 months ago and still have not received that call or my balance has not been transferred to my newc phone number. Now that is what you call bad service!

• Ti
      4th of Feb, 2009

gtl has blocked my loved one from calling we have no idea why. His calls were coming through fine on monday, on tuesday he wasn't able to call. I tried adding money to the account but it continues to decline me cards. I have been calling the company for two days without a response, just placed on hold and then told my time is important so my number will be added to the kiosk and answered in the order received...still waiting for them to call while typing this. Something must be done.

• Mo
      5th of Feb, 2009

I am appalled with gtl. They have just frustrated and gouged me out of money- for what!? NOTHING! This company is out to abuse and use the paying customer. I am sure that what they are doing is criminal. No other American business would ever be able to get away with what they do. I plan to contact the Better Business Bureau as well as the Attorney General.

• Gl
      25th of Feb, 2009
    GlobalTelLink - take your money but no service
    globaltellink
    California

they didnt have a problem charging my credit card but i havent had any service an inmate tries to call but the call never goes thru my cell phone carrier says there is no problem the jail says they have no problems with their phone system trying to get someone on the phone at globaltellink is impossible evry phone number 8778563184, 8002310193, 8004894500, 8003887346, 8004838314, are all a recording and always say they have too many calls and to call back its the same at any time you call its ### poor cust. service a ###in ripoff and im ###in getting pissed off

• Ba
      12th of Mar, 2009
    GlobalTelLink - poor poor service
    suffolk co. corrections
    Catskill
    New York
    Phone: 518-719-0425
    bisraelian@aol.com

my husband has been trying to contact me for weeks, my balance is fine, i even opened a second account account on my cell phone in case it was my service. they are willing to keep accepting money, but not to let mr accept phone calls. customer service is nonexistant, actually i think its a scam. and you cant use a third party because global tel. has the facilitties monopolized. we have childen who need to communicate with their father, theres no way to make this happen, at the cost of $2 a min. i believe the county should step-up and stop ripping off innocent victims

• Le
      30th of Jun, 2009
    GlobalTelLink - rip off big time
    Los Angeles
    California

this is the biggset rip off since pay day advances. The government and state agenices should be investigating these people.

• Al
      7th of Jul, 2009

I CAN'T EVEN CONNECT THIS STUPED
    PHONE

• Ju
      14th of Sep, 2009

Something does need to be done about GTL! I've always kept enough money in my account so that my son would always be able to call. The last time he called GTL said that he only had 13 minutes left. That was a lie! I still had $179+ on my account. When I tried to contact them, they have a voice that indicates that Monday and Tuesdays are their high volume call days and to call back at a later time. I did! I'm at work and was on hold for approximately 1/2 an hour waiting for the manager to speak with me because he/she was the only person that could straighten out my account. The CSR that answered my call was very polite and tried in every way to assist me. She apologized for me being on hold for so long. My son still hasn't called and I truly believe that they did not correct this matter. When I tried to call today, 9/14/09, I was told about the high volume of calls and to try later.

What can be done to get better respect from GTL? Where I work the customer is always right. The customer is the reason why they're in business. What would happen if everyone cut off the service that they provide? Do you think that they'll treat us better.

What GTL does not realize is that we aren't inmates, yet they treat us like we are? Somebody think of something that we can do. They are not going to cheat me out of $178+.

Connie Marshall
    Dayton, Ohio

• Pw
      11th of Nov, 2010
    GlobalTelLink - Ridiculous Prices
    GlobalTelLink
    Kansas

The prices GlobalTelLink charges are ridiculous. They should not be given any contract (state or federal).