Globalinx / What a rip off

Brought to us by a supposed friend. Our other friends warned us that the company was not safe. Why we didn't listen is beyond me. We had good service with Vonage but switch to help a friend. It has been the experience from ***. I could not receive faxes because of the poor quality of the Globalinx equipment. When we were forced to cancel they continue to bill us for services we were no longer receiving. They charged us an early cancellation fee even though we signed up for month-to-month service. When we talk to customer service and ask for a manager none are available but they assure us we will receive a call back from them. The call never comes but the charges never end.

Va

Comments

• Sh
      7th of Jul, 2008

Their customer service is slow and poor. Their service is poor. Why get this service when you can simply use the internet conferencing for free? Don't make the mistake of signing up to be a rep. I fell for the flashy presentation and the lying reps that say they make $10, 000 + a month after 2 months in the biz. Come to find out they were still working their full time gig and struggling just like everyone else they suckered into buying a $500 distributor license. Buy and iPod or something like that, you'd be better off. I'm out over $800 :(

• Jm
      9th of Nov, 2008

If you had read the Terms of Service that you were required to agree to in order to complete your order, you would have known that you agreed to a one-year contract. Also in the Terms of Service, it does state that you have to call in to cancel - while I see that you spoke with a representative, did you tell them that you wanted to cancel the service? Did you contact the Tech Support team about your quality of service issues? Common sense dictates that, as the consumer, it is YOUR responsibility to read the Terms of Service and know what you're buying.

• Ri
      16th of May, 2009

Globalinx and 5Linx has excellent customer service, but they are a phone and telecom company and just like Verizon and Vonage and AT&T and others there are always a few cases of mistakes or misunderstandings. If you call 1-866-418-1495 you can reach live Technical Support that can help you. I switched from the other Phone Companies because Globalinx and 5Linx is much better and they have local community representatives that will usually help you in the rare case that you have any difficulities. Who was the local representative in your area that signed you up for Globalinx service? You should contact them or find another 5linx representative in your area that can help you. I use www.LookCall.com and www.FreeNewPhone.com to help people become 5linx customers and save money. I hope this helps.

• De
      16th of Feb, 2010

Excellent customer service? Hardly. It's horrible. Had this service for 18 months. Of all the services I've had over the many years, VOIP and non-VOIP, it was the worst of all. Each time you call, you get put on hold for upwards of 30 minutes and have to listen to some mumbo-jumbo music as if they're trying to pacify you because you're on hold so long. Further problems were: toll-free switching often crashed, the entire phone service occasionally died. The poor technical support dept. had to keep apologizing for the interruptions. I don't want to hear apologies. I want service that works. I can accept a very seldom occurring problem but not to the extent this outfit has. Further when you cancel and take up different service, it has normally been a custom that the company you're migrating to notifies the carrier you're leaving. Well be careful with this outfit. They claim that the temporary number they give you is still in force and thus the service was not cancelled, even though they really do know you're switching carriers by the notice given them from the carrier you're going to. Ripoff. So you definitely need to write or call them and almost scream to them that you're switching carriers, b/c they clearly are trying to get every dime out of you that they can. I cannot and will not recommend this company to anyone I know b/c they would come back to me and say "what the heck did you get me into?"

• Es
      5th of Apr, 2010

Any time people change something, and it does not go their way or there is a problem every complasint in the book comes out. The customer service could improve because that music they play is anoying. However, I do appreciate that I can talk to a real person instead of a bunch of voice recognition prompts that can't understand clear english! I have Globalinx VOIP and it works perfect!. The problem people run into is when you port your number. Do you think Verizon or AT&T wants to let you go as a customer that easy? So of course they cause a problem when porting or don't do it timely so you get a temporary number while the porting process is being complete. Most people don't realize that the porting process takes time. Also when my mother who switch and saved $450.00 per year from her old phone service, ran into an issue, the customer service didn't give me the warm and fuzzy, but when the technicians got involved they were on top of it, provided full explinations and when they said they would get with their supervisors. She received a call from the supervisor. Her service was disrupted for one day while the network issue was fixed and when she got home that evening she had fully functioning service. The other benefit is that I can take my VIOP box with me even if I'm overseas on business or trip and someone can call my stateside number it will ring wherever I'm located, providing you have high speed internet available to you at your location. What a great benefit. other VOIPS can't do this yet. I love the service cause it helped me saved hundreds of dollars aas well as has other features which I can save my family money. Any of my family that loves overseas I can get a VOIP box with a stateside number, dail that number and it will ring in their home. International rates? what international rates! I would recommend others to Globalinx in a heart beat, but I would also inform them that customer service may be a long wait just like any other customer service. I have experinced immediate answers and on hold times.

• Gu
      6th of Jun, 2010

I agree that one should read the contract that they are signing. However, in that contract for services, the service provider should provide the quality service contacted. I had a LAN line with AT&T and other than calling them for initiating the service, I almost never had to call for technical support other than after an ice storm. I have had to call Globalinx technical numerous times for 2 different videophones. Maybe thats why AT&T is more expensive verses Globalinx. Old technology is more expensive, but its time tested. My frustration reached a boil over point with Globalinx when there was a message wait for me that a close family member was and taken to the hospital in critcal condition and I couldn't get a call out line. As I told me wife that night, my blood pressure with this company is over the top, hopefully I won't have a stroke or heart attack, because you won't be able to call 911.

-Guy in K.C.

• Ed
      31st of Aug, 2010

All of you people who complain are idiots. Any and every service provided to a customer usually has some type of technical complaint by someone. Thats one of the main reasons why companies pay people for what they call CUSTOMER SUPPORT. If any company or device was ever invented without some type of complaint, their company would be the first ever in history to produce a perfect product. Not to mention globalinx is not the only company 5linx has to offer. The one idiot immediately jumped on 5linx and said they were not a good company. With over a million reps and customers why are you one of the few dummies complaining. Why criticize the entire company for your bad experience with one service they have offer. Thats like complaining about walmart, because of a vizio television. Shouldnt I just complain to vizio?

• Do
      5th of Jan, 2011

Wow I totally agree with the last comment. People are idiots and btw GLOBALINX does not offer month to month contracts. Its people like you who shouldnt be buying there service or any other service because your idiots who just make the customer care departments lives more miserable.

Read your contracts and understand what your buying or dont [censored]in bother.

• Mr
      16th of Feb, 2011

calling people idiots for voicing there opinions is much but ill say global linx has been one head ache after another.if it isnt the phone line dropping then the call waiting isnt working right. but u get what u pay for lesson learned!

• Je
      20th of Mar, 2011

5 linx does have lousey phone service and lousey customer service to go with it !!! I TRIED TO CALL THE OTHER DAY AND COULD NEVER REACH ANYBODY SO I GOT ON THE COMPUTER AND GOT LIVE HELP AND THEY TOLD ME THIER PHONES WAS OUT, WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU, THIER PHONES AT HE MAIN OFFICE DONT EVEN WORK!! Also they mislead people about the residual income, they make it sound really good when in fact stating out you make maybe 5 cents a customer... BIG MONEY HUH And the people doing the name calling on here, well it just shows the character of them and 5linx...they must be some of te ones making money..God only knows how...I made a dollar in residual income for 4 months and 80 customers...WOOO WOOOO

• Mi
      20th of Mar, 2011

I'm sorry for your losses, however the phone is only as good as your internet provider, secondly all lan line Will be done away with just like analog T.V. Now as far as residual income its a matter of leverage just like at your regular dead end 9-5. The boss could work himself to death trying to do it all himself but in order to capitalize on the most effective and productive way he uses you and all your colleagues and you see no residual income. If you understood this international company, which now is leading the way in energy deregulation suppliers across the US, you would see an opportunity to make a real residual income just like those people did with Sprint, At&t, Qwest and MCI when the telephone monopoly ended. Think about it 100% of your effort or 01% of a team effort, the choice is yours but in 1, 2 or even 5 years from now will you still but at your job making the boss rich while your continuing in the daily struggle. Not me, I took my rose colored glasses off to do as the rich have done for centuries, use others to help build upwards.

• Th
      23rd of Mar, 2011

tell me why should i be a part of this company when i read the above about the company having lots of problems and they are not what they say they are. I'm living in south America and i was thinking of being a rep for this company but after reading the comments, I want to change my mind, is ther anyone who can assure me that this company will not flap or go up in smoke and I loose all my money as a rep and other benefits promissed by this company. South American

• Gm
      28th of Mar, 2011

@ThommyP - The company has been around since 2001 and in the Fortune 500 list. I highly doubt it will go bankrupt or disappear anytime soon. What you need is a really good leader who will help motivate you to get your business going. Most reps quit is because they do not have the right guidance to run the business. Fortunately for me, I have a very good mentor that always make sure I am on top of my game. Whether you are signed up or already signed up, you can still talk to me at misterkailo at gmail dot com. I am not here to sell you anything, just a friend to give you advice.

• De
      28th of Mar, 2011

good luck, hope you have a large family ...when you stop signing your money stops...then you will make the big bucks like I did...hey also you need to tell everone about the great features... caller ID does not work ..call waiting does not work...you only have use of one jack in your home...your neighbors have to dail a 10 digit number to call you instead of the normal 7 digit number...not to mention how bad the service is ...static is awful...oh and it does not go in the loccal phone book...I will try to post my earnings statement on here for you

• It
      18th of Jun, 2011

Globalinx service is terrible because it doesn't work. Yes, you sign up for a year contract but that is for working service. The company is at fault because their product is defective and does not work. Technical support is a joke and so is their product. Rather a person reads the contract or not they have only agreed to a product that works, not continual customer service, defective products and payments for non working service. Beware of Globalinx and 5Linx they are taking advantage of people that are looking to save money. If it sounds too good to be true...it usually is! It's all a scam!