Global Visions Inc. / Misleading

1 Cincinnati, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 513-554-0444

See my complaint for Global Visions. They sell coupon books and are not a "marketing" company. Don't waste your time unless you want to sell coupon books on commission.

Comments

• Tr
      13th of May, 2008
    Global Visions Cincinnati - Misleading
    Global Visions Inc.
    Ohio
    Phone: 513-554-0444
    www.globalvisionsinc.com

See my post under Global Visions. An entry level job posted on multiple websites for this company is misleading. The job is selling coupon books door-to-door. Not worth your time, unless you like that sort of thing.

21st of Jun, 2008

Don't let their ad on the career sites trick you. The site doesn't tell you what they do for a good reason. You think you're going to get a job that promotes your sports team, but instead they want you to seel coupon cards. Door to door sales, going from business to business. This job is based solely on commision, so if you don't sell any on a 10 hour days of work you get nothing, plus wasting your gas because they don't compensate for your gas either. They sit you down and tell you that you can end up making 100k in 6 months if you stick it out. Aren't you suppose to market yourself to them instead of them trying to convince you to go with them?! For your "second" interview, ladies, wear comfortable shoes (that's if you even decide to go after reading this), they don't warn you ahead of time that they walk all day going door to door.

This is not a marketing position, it's a sales position. Don't waste your time if you don't want a job in door to door sales.

2nd of Jul, 2008

Thank you for confirming my suspicions, I went to the trouble of going to a first interview last August and the whole experience was ridiculous.
    When I showed up I was shown to a waiting room where there were about 6 other people, some of which were wearing jean cut-offs and sandals. I found this strange since they ask you to dress professionally (note; any business that feels they have to tell you how to dress for an interview, isn’t worth your time). Plain and simple, it was a cattle-call. They get as many bodies as possible and hope they get a couple who’re dumb enough to “stick it out” as they say.
    I was “interviewed” by some kid who didn’t look like he was old enough to have graduated college. He said he was excited to get a new candidate with my experience in marketing (yeah, I bet he was). Then he asked me to come in the next day and work for 12 hours without pay. I told him “great!”, and just blew off the whole thing.
    Be aware, they operate under several company names. If they contact you right away, and want to get you in there today, and won’t tell you what they do, just stay away.

• Ex
      19th of Aug, 2008

I worked here, and got the shaft. One day I made good money, every other day... maybe $20. For all of the gas, it is not worth it. They feed you so much bs. I will say, that the people I thought were honest, were sweet, and fun to be around, and they too are no longer working there. They know they are better than that. Also, they STILL owe me money! Can you believe it.
    I tried this job, because I really needed a job at the time. I knew something was off when they never even asked to look at my id.
    Also, one day I overheard the secretary(who was stepping out of the office for a moment) tell someone what to tell all of people calling for interviews while she was gone, she stated-----If they sound old, tell them we willl review their application and call them, if they sound young, tell them to come it on such and such a date.
    I mean, come on! Can we not bust them for age discrimination?????
    DO NOT LET THEM WASTE YOUR TIME AND ENERGY!!!
    They sent me to places that have already been worked a few times, so if someone did want to buy what I was selling, they already did from the person before me!!!
    Ok, I am done ranting lol.
    If you have any questions, post them, I will answer them!

• St
      17th of Oct, 2008

Oh my god!!! I just had my first interview today and like others stated above, the lobby was full of jeans and shorts. (A cattle call) The interview was with a young man who seemed to ask question from a script. He stated that if they liked my resume someone would be in touch with me by 6:00 that same day to arrange a second "interview" the next week. I felt it odd also about the dress professional comment. He looked like he slept in his shirt. With my suspicions aroused, I looked more into the company and my suspicions were confirmed. I immediately called the office to inform them that I wanted my resume shredded and that I was not interested in the job. The young man who interviewed me was the person who answered the phone. After I confronted him with my finding he stated that there company is as stated in their add. An entry level... yeah right. I find it hard to believe that this company represents some of the things that they claim. I have an extensive back ground in sales and would never sell door to door. Beware.

18th of Oct, 2008

I find it funny how strikingly similar all these stories about Global Visions are. I recently also had interviewed with this company. In the first interview they pretend that this is a great opportunity where you can make tons of money in the marketing/sports entertainment industry. They barely asked me any real interviewing questions and it only lasted about 3 minutes. I found it also very odd and strange that they never did any reference or background checks on me. I didn't even fill out a real application. I mean, come on, they didn't even ask for your Drivers License. I was called back for what they so call a "second interview" the very next day and was informed to wear comfortable shoes. Once again, very odd!! I came in the next morning at 9:00am and waited for about an hour while I could hear the employees in a so called "meeting" in a closed room. They were screaming, clapping, and yelling in the "meeting". All the employees finally came out and all seemed pretty young, about in their 20's. I was called in the office with the head guy and was told that I would be training with one of his managers for the whole day. I had no clue what I was about to do and had no clue that it would last for the next 10 hours. All the employees gathered outside the parking lot and started going into groups in their own cars. I ended up in a car of 3, including myself. Still not knowing where we were headed or what we were doing, I finally started asking questions. The answers to my questions were very brief. We drove about 30-40 minutes away. We finally got to the destination spot where they parked their car in a shopping strip parking lot right off the highway. So, for the next 8 hours I ended up walking and walking on a very busy street going door to door to every business selling coupon books. We had to go into every single business on that street, no matter what. Even if they had a "No Soliciting" sign. I found out that they are paid commission on what they sell that day, you get paid that same day, you use your own car, your own gas money, and you walk miles everyday hoping that someone will buy their products Global Visions has you selling that day. Needless to say, this is definitely not a marketing job in the sports entertainment area.

• Be
      28th of Oct, 2008

You all have confirmed my suspicions about this company, so I wanted to tell everyone thanks for the reviews. I have done this exact same work, just a different product, for a different company, in Middleburg Heights, Cleveland. Everything, including the "meeting" described by anonymous, is spot-on. The company I got screwed over by is called Keystone International, Inc. The difference is that they sell AT&T business phone plans. The head ### is Jason Braughn. I was just contacted this morning by Global Visions, with the same stupid email asking me to dress business pro. The process on how they train the same as Keystone. You go door-to-door, asking people about discounts they should have recieved on their phone plans. There aren't any discounts; the "managers" just want access to the phone contract dates to see if they can change the plan and get the customer on a "new, better plan". The "training" lasts a grand total of three days, with your "trainer" having you give your "sales pitch" halfway thru the first day. Marketing position, my ###. You truck around "your territory" all day in cleveland, many times skipping lunch, to get your daily asked-for quota of two sales. It's a complete load of bs. Don't waste your time.

11th of Nov, 2008

I went in for my initial interview this week. I was in the waiting area with two other people then had an interview with Evan. This is how desperate Global Visions is for employees: During the interview I referred to their company website and what they do three times. Here is the catch...I looked at the website for GLOBAL VISION. This company proofs information for pharmacutical companies and companies like P and G. I referrenced the pharmacutical work twice and the non profit organization they send blankets to in Africa. Evan didn't tell me they were a sports marketing company until the end of my interview. His response to my answers was ALWAYS "Cool." Then I get a call back for a second interview, 12 to 4 on Wednesday. How did I get a second interview when I went to the first one thinking they were a different company??? And the application I filled out was for an administrative assistant position not marketing. So why and I shadowing the marketing team tomorrow??? This company is BOGUS!! I am calling to cancel my second 'interview' right now! Thanks for everyone's help!

• Tr
      13th of Jan, 2009

Man, I love the internet. I too thought this was the proofreading company, which is something related to my field I thought I wouldn't love but could do. I sent an email and told them I wouldn't be interested in an interview. Reminds me of some knife selling scam I tried to do when I was 18, ugh. Glad I googled, I didn't think Global Vision seemed legit at all.