Global Visions / Misleading

1 Cincinnati, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 513-554-0444

This company currently has job postings on many different career websites for an entry-level position. It sounds like a legitimate marketing company with an opportunity to 'move up quickly" within the company. They are not who they say they are. This company is actually a branch off of a larger company called Smart Circle, and they sell coupon books. The "entry level" position is really a commission-based sales job.

I wasted a day of my life and about $40 in food and gas to figure this out, so I'm trying to save others from the same fate. This particular branch has about 20 people there who all think that they're going to own their own business within a year, even though on their website global visions/smart circle claims that they have worked with professional sports teams in nearly every major American city.

I was suspicious of this place when they asked me back for a second interview, which would consist of a day long "job shadowing" experience. I ended up holding coupon books that their "account manager" tried to sell by going door-to-door at local places of business. He of course disregarded any "no soliciting" signs. There are similar companies in other cities, all under different names so people don't figure out their schtick. I found a complaint for a company called T.H. Executives in Columbus, OH, which appears to be another offshoot of Smart Circle.

Unless you want to sell coupon books on commission at a job with no benefits and make $300-$600 a week, don't bother applying for any job with Global Visions. Don't believe that you will "move up with the company." If they can't be honest with you in an interview process, they're probably not being honest when they say that you can move up and make $100K within a year.

Comments

• Sh
      28th of May, 2008

Yeah, I wasted my time doing the same thing; this is by far, the most unethical company I've ever heard of when it comes to recruiting candidates and so on. I'm sure they could get high school students to do the same job and maybe even pay them less than $10/book - why piss off a bunch of people looking for legitimate post-college jobs/internships? I was pretty much forced to accept an offer immediately - they try to guilt people into making a rash decision (when I told him I wasn't prepared to accept immediately, it was "a dagger through his heart") and then try to tie you into your commitment. Is reneging on a job offer normally unprofessional and unethical? Yes. Is reneging on being a door-to-door coupon salesman after you were completely lied to about everything it involved and forced to make a decision without any time to think about it unprofessional and unethical? Probably not, but even if it is, TH Executives clearly does not deserve to be treated any better than they treat people.

Crazy thing is, some educated people actually buy into their absurd B.S. that this is a good job with good growth. The guy I shadowed is a college grad who considered 10 coupon books a pretty good day. We were in the field from about 11:30 am to about 7:30 a.m. That's $100/8 hours, not including the money spent on gas and probably tax deductions. I'm honestly not sure that's livable wage considering that you MUST have a car and be able to pay for gas for long travel around Columbus, and this job certainly looks like a complete joke on a resume if you're trying to just have something to put. The person I shadowed mentioned that the car he drove wasn't legally his - I'm guessing he lived at home, so that's why he wasn't starving to death. Still, why do people ever accept this absurdity?

29th of May, 2008

I completely agree. I wish i would have read this before this morning. I had a "2nd interview" with Global Visions, during which I was given a spiel of "you will be successful" blah, blah, blah... etc... and put in a good 3 hours of walking up and down a street bothering people in their homes, saying that we weren't selling anything, but giving out free information about some different home improvement options. in the end, the ability to get $50 per lead was the only thing that made it even worth thinking about.

anyways, I was also brought in at the end of the day and asked when i could come in to work, saying that I had the job. I told the manager that i would have to talk to my wife, and i am glad that i did. the thought that i would be able to make so much money for so "little" work was a bit enticing, but then i thought that i wouldn't want to be bothered in my own home.

In the end, i think this entire company is a scam, multi-level-marketing, being that i applied for a "sports marketing" position and walked around all day trying to get leads for home improvement companies.

Don't get sucked in.

• Re
      3rd of Jun, 2008

Thank you so much for posting this complaint! I have been contacted by this company to come in for an interview, but I was suspicious of it b/c I had trouble finding any real info about the company. Your post was the first info I found (other than the company's own website which is very fishy, with typos, etc) besides job hunting sites. The posts about Global Visions have helped confirm my suspicions and now I know not to bother with this and to use my time looking for a job that may really turn into something. Thanks again!

• Br
      4th of Jun, 2008

Thankyou for the comments. I have an interview tomorrow and I wanted to know more about the company. I know now that I won't be attending

• Tr
      17th of Jul, 2008

Update: There are still postings on job websites for this company.

There was an I-Team Better Business Bureau report on Channel 9 news in Cincinnati last night exposing this scam! I'm glad to see that I've helped some people. Sorry, Global Visions, but being dishonest will come back to haunt you!

• Ex
      19th of Aug, 2008

I worked here, and got the shaft. One day I made good money, every other day... maybe $20. For all of the gas, it is not worth it. They feed you so much bs. I will say, that the people I thought were honest, were sweet, and fun to be around, and they too are no longer working there. They know they are better than that. Also, they STILL owe me money! Can you believe it.
    I tried this job, because I really needed a job at the time. I knew something was off when they never even asked to look at my id.
    Also, one day I overheard the secretary(who was stepping out of the office for a moment) tell someone what to tell all of people calling for interviews while she was gone, she stated-----If they sound old, tell them we willl review their application and call them, if they sound young, tell them to come it on such and such a date.
    I mean, come on! Can we not bust them for age discrimination?????
    DO NOT LET THEM WASTE YOUR TIME AND ENERGY!!!
    They sent me to places that have already been worked a few times, so if someone did want to buy what I was selling, they already did from the person before me!!!
    Ok, I am done ranting lol.
    If you have any questions, post them, I will answer them!

• Si
      27th of Aug, 2008

Thanks for the insight and sound advice for this job. Being a single mom and new to the area I was interested in this job. I had one interview with them today and they made the job sound more like a REAL marketing job not door to door. They even told me they would be calling me back for a second interview and like someone said "jobshadowing" to get the feel of how things worked. I know now that when they do call back I won't be taking them up on their offer for that second interview.
    The guy really does know how to sell lies. I thought it was fishy when he asked if I had looked onto their website yet and when I had said no that the girl didn't even tell me their name His expression of awe was strange. Then when I said that I would be looking for the website his expression was strange. So, I came home, and while looking for the website I came across these complaints.
    God had a hand in this one, I'm sure or I probably wouldn't have even found or looked at the complaints.
    Thanks to all and God bless you all.

• Su
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I am so happy I decided to try to get some outside information about this company. I thought that is was too suspicious that I got a second interview one week after I had just put in my application. When I called to cancel my second interview the secretary was very brief and rude to me and when I told her I had a question and asked her about the coupon books, she blew it off as a "DARE" program they were doing and when I tryed to squeeze in another word she kept rambling on about all the clients they worked for and kept putting me down for canceling my interview. Definatly a crooked company.
    Thanks Posters!

24th of Jul, 2009

I got suckered into the 2nd interview. I have never been so mad or handled in my life. After the first hour of walking door to door and hearing all no's, I was ready to go back to my car and leave. However, by that time, we were all over the Cincinnati area and did not return to the office until 9 hours later. Mind you this was New Years Eve. All the people working there are extremely unprofessional and are basically aspiring car salesmen, not the kind of person I want to be. I told them I would get back to them, which I didn't, they tried calling and I didn't answer. They all joked about how they get drunk and have sex with other people in the office, and the boss there was part of some of the stories (real professional). The boss was a joke and I honestly was insulted because I let a goober like that push me around the interview process. I hope he gets a reality check and is a very broke man resulting from this company. Go find another scam dirtballs.