Global Travel International / Misleading advertising!

Global Travel is relies on false advertising of a "free" trial period to get people to sign up for their services. Once signed up if you cancel you are not informed that you must return their information package within the "free" time period or you will be charged a full year membership at $29.95/month. Additionally they charge a one time activation fee BEFORE you agree to their service during the "free" trial period which they say is non-refundable despite all of their terms & conditions implying that this activation fee is only applicable upon agreeing to their membership.

Additionally they charge a one time activation fee BEFORE you agree to their service during the "free" trial period which they say is non-refundable despite all of their terms & conditions implying that this activation fee is only applicable upon agreeing to their membership. Once you cancel your "free" trial you are still stuck with their $49.95 activation fee despite not having activated anything.

I had tried them since they were cheaper than the other travel service I have used in the past by $20/month. After looking at their commission schedule and reservation tools I found out that they represent the saying you get what you paid for to a tee or in their case you get very little for the amount charged.

Global Travel is a unethical company which relies on false advertising of a "free" trial period to get people to sign up for their services. Once signed up if you cancel you are not informed that you must return their information package within the "free" time period or you will be charged a full year membership at $29.95/month. However, they do have this information listed in their very long and very small terms and conditions pages which I fortunately read in time to return my materials on time.

Additionally they charge a one time activation fee BEFORE you agree to their service during the "free" trial period which they say is non-refundable despite all of their terms & conditions implying that this activation fee is only applicable upon agreeing to use their membership. Once you cancel your "free" trial you are still stuck with their $49.95 activation fee despite not having activated anything and thus the trial is NOT "free".

I had tried them since they were cheaper than the other travel service I have used in the past by $20/month. After looking at their commission schedule and reservation tools I found out that they represent the saying you get what you pay for to a tee. I have since returned to using the services of my prior travel service agency despite it being more expensive it provides me with superior service.

In my opinion a reputable company would not have to rely on baiting potential customers with false advertising techniques and would happily refund any fees to someone who only tried their service for a few days.

Comments

Pa
  25th of Nov, 2007

I was looking into this company to join but have been very skeptical about it. I haven't seen anything about they charge you $29.95 a month for membership fees. They must supply you with this information after you join. I also went to the BBB and looked them up because they said they belonged to that. They've had over 103 complaints this year on different issues. Now I'm really skeptical about this company. I agree with you though that if a company doesn't give you a refund back within less than 14 days after you've joined then this should definitely be a red flag.I I was just curious if you have found any travel agency that was not a scam?

Thanks for your comments, it sure helped me decide what I'm going to do.

Le
  10th of Dec, 2007

The company has been around for 13+ years they are a well trusted company. I have been with them for several years now and I've made a decent amount of money by providing friends and family with Travel when they need it. If people would invest a little more time in becoming an Independent travel agent they would understand the concept a little more.

He
  1st of Dec, 2008

I am processing my visa work permit to the UK with Global travel international and I would like to know if it is legal
i have sent some money and I need to send more but now people are seying that this company is fake.
please can someone help me .
ASAP

Js
  25th of Jan, 2010

I got autocharged for renewal last year US$149, called to complain and my credit card company said I needed proof... so I sucked it up and tried to have the membership one more year, and I got verbal confirmation from GTI that I will not be renewed automatically. Well, there is another charge on my statement this month, these guys are a fraud. They keep sending "invoices" instead of a membership renewal form, its opt-out instead of opt-in each year. And I even had them tell me straight over the phone, no auto-renewal. Fraud fraud fraud.