Global Tel * Link/inmate Phone Services / Customer Services needs alot more training

1 P.O. Box 2827Mobile, AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8003887346

None of the customer service representatives that I have spoken with are consistent with their knowledge of how this service works. I feel like I was penalized (and actually I was) for making a payment before it was due. When I first subscribed to this company, I asked for all the details as to how this service worked. This is a prepaid service but no matter how much money you have in your account you are only allowed a certain amount of calls per month. Your calls do not roll over to the next month. They give you a choice of about 3 or 4 amount of calls to choose from, and of course the least amount of calls you pick for the month, the least amount of money is needed for the prepay. I was told that whichever amount I decided to start with that I could increase the amount after 2 months of service, as long as I never had any pastdue payments. Well, I choose the second to the highest, which was 18 calls per month and had to prepay $150.00 to start off. I would have liked the next step up because my husband has been ill (he is in a medical correctional facility) but that step was over $300.00 to start, which was alot for me to have to pay at one time. I felt that if there weren't enough calls, at least I could raise the amount of calls in 2 months and it was explained to me that after my 18 calls I would still have a credit balance on my account, but I would not be allowed anymore calls until the 1st of the following month. Well, I called a week or so before my 2nd month and they told me that I needed to wait until my 2nd billing cycle. So I called about a week after the 2nd billing had come and the cust. serv. person was very nice and told me that she had to put in a request and a supervisor would make the final decision about the extra calls I was requesting, and she told me to call back in a week. I still had a credit from my opening payment, but it was around $24.00/25.00 and being it was so early into the month I had more calls left then the money on my account would cover, so I decided to make a $100.00 payment even though my billing statement still showed a credit. Well, the following week I called to see if they had any word yet about adding any additional calls and was denied. Can you believe that I was denied because I made a payment!!! I had never been informed by any of the other cust. serv. people that when they said 2 months wait before additional add ons they meant that I actually had to wait until I had made 2 separate payments, but the payments have to be amounts owed on my bill. If you have a credit and make a payment, it doesn't count towards the 2 payments they need.(it was explained to me that was the way they could determine if I would be making my payments.)To me that does not make any sense being that I had just put $100.00 to make sure my account didn't run out.(Isn't that making my payment?) When I pointed that out to this cust. service person I also said that it was never explained right to me, and also then why did the cust. serv. person that I had spoken to the week before taken information to submit for my request? I was told very nonchalantly "well, I don't know why it wasn't explained correctly, but that is how it is". I started to ask for a supervisor when she told me she would gladly submit a request for one to call me and I just hung up. I was so disgusted because I have no other company to switch over to. They are the one and only service provider to this prison. They all need better training and the last one I spoke to needs to remember that she is a customer service rep, and they are paid to be helpful and they should be polite.

Gi

Comments

• Ro
      15th of Mar, 2012

DON'T FEEL SO BAD I DID THE $25 AND STILL DIDN'T GET A CALL FROM THE INMATE IT SAYS THAT I DON'T HAVE MONEY FOR THE CALL. SO NOW I'AM TRYING TO GET MY MONEY BACK AND THAT IS HARD TO DO.. THEY DON'T LIKE TO GIVE BACK THE MONEY THEY TAKE SO FAST..THIS IS NOT THE FIRST PLACE THAT GAVE ME WRONG INFO SO I GUESS WE HAVE TO TAKE THIS TO SMALL CLAMS COURT FOR THE MONEY AND WRONG INFO...GOOD LOCK TO YOU GETTING THE INFO YOU NEED...