Global Tel Link / Incorrect Billing

New Bern, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2525254590

I have been charged NC collect rates at $3.40+tax for more than 120 calls that should be charged $3.15+tax per the NC DPS website Inmate Telephone System section. I have paid the $4.75 service fee 18 times, but paid $7.95 3 times. I have paid full (yet incorrect) price for 7 calls less than 5 minutes each, including a 2 second call that was a busy signal, that should be refunded per the Q&A Help section of the GTL website, as my phone is not a cell phone. I have been told by GTL that my billing will not be researched, and that I will not receive any credit on my account, ever.

Ep
May 14, 2015

Comments

• Cy
      13th of Mar, 2009
    Global Tel Link - Terrible experience
    Global Tel Link
    gtl.net

Got three calls today saying an inmate has been trying to contact me. Liars. I won't talk to a inmate and sure won't pay to talk to one.

• Pa
      19th of Oct, 2009
    Global Tel Link - Should be shut down and/or fined
    Global Tel Link

Hi my name is Paula and I would like to put together a group of us to file a complaint to the FCC and would like to bring itto the attention of the media. This company preys on vulnerable people in desperate situations and needs to be delt with. I contacted a lawyer and he is willing to take the case.

• Je
      19th of Oct, 2009

leave it to the ###s at the DOC to figure out a way to bilk money from inmate's loved ones.

• Mi
      30th of Mar, 2010

Hi. If you are still talking to this lawyer please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com as I also have a story as many others do.. Thanks

• Ov
      28th of Aug, 2011
    Global Tel Link - Keep getting unrelenting calls and am unable to block
    Lancaster
    California

I keep getting calls from Global Tel Link that wont stop and have not figured out a way to get it to stop. I follow the instructions to block the calls and then get disconnected after waiting for 15 minutes.

5th of Nov, 2013
    Global Tel Link - unable to accept calls from my cell phone
    global tel
    West Jefferson

i made a new account and have been unable to accept any calls from my boyfriend in prison when i call to complain i get a bunch of excuses and no results i have paisd tobe able to talk and expect to be able to accept his calls.

• Sh
      8th of Dec, 2013

This place ripped me off.
    I paid them money and still can't accept the calls. It is FRAUD!!