Global Tel Link / No customer service

United States Review updated:

For anybody else experiencing problems with this company I URGE you to take the route I did and file a report with the better business bureau its very easy you can do it online and you may actually see some results from this ignorant company! They tried to steal $75 credit card payment from me and not credit my account with the payment stating that my zip code was inputted in their system wrong (an error on THEIR PART) however they still collected the payment from my credit card and never credited my account with it, they made me make ANOTHER $75 payment totaling $150 and I had to file a report with the BBB to get the original $75 payment returned (the $75 they said they never collected but showed otherwise on my credit card statement).

Breakdown: Not only did they steal this 75.00 from me and not return it until the BBB got involved, before contacting the BBB I tried to resolve this issue with them myself and waited HOURS at a time being placed in their 'QUEUE' only to never receive a call back and have to call and wait AGAIN I also encountered the plethera of ignorant individuals that are global tel link employees I was hung up on when I asked to speak with a manager my credit card company also called on my behalf and got the same treatment rudeness and then hung up on...I mean it was terrible! by the end of the day I was at my witts end and knew that there was no way I was going to be able to deal with these people on my own. After I involved the BBB a global tel link rep called me back RIGHT AWAY and was just a picture of courtesy! HA! This company is terrible I hate that I have to deal with them and anybody else who feels they are being ripped off PLEASE file a report with the BBB you will see some results and at the very least they can be investigated for their erroneous business practices and poor customer service and hopefully that will make them fix their ways!
Al

Comments

Ms
  14th of Jan, 2009
I agree whole heartedly! I recently signed up for gtl corrections billing. I was allowed to set up the account eventhough the phone is in my daughter's name... This company even charged my credit card which is in my name. A week later, I was informed that I can't set up an account because the phone was in my daughter's name, therefore, she would have to do it. I told them I understood and I would like to be issued a refund.

This has been two weeks and the initial fee of $25.00 has not been refunded to my account. My daughter was required to fax a copy of the phone bill, which she did. A week later they could not verify the fax. We played phone tag... with a hit and miss here... and a hang up or insult there. Finally, I get four calls in one day. One said we owe $25.00 more . My daughter tried the phone, to no avail and the website to add money is always having technical difficulty. I want them to be shut down!!

Because they are the only game in town, they feel they can treat their customers any kind of way. There's a class action lawsuit forming against gtl, I signed and I suggest you guys do the same.
Ed
  30th of Jun, 2009
The money seems like the least of the complaints, it has taken over two weeks to take a "hold" off my account after calling several times a week. Actually I still haven't got it taken off, so it may take another two weeks?
Gt
  9th of Jul, 2009
I JUST WROTE A COMPLAINT ON HERE AS WELL UNDER GTL. THEY CASHED A CHECK BEFORE BILL EVEN CAME OUT. PHONE IS DISCONNECTED. BEEN CALLING THE LST FEW WEEKS. WENT TO BANK GOT RECORD OF THEM CASHING. SPOKE TO A REP THAT HAD ME ON HOLD FOR OVER 20 MINUTES. AND NEVER CAME BACK ON LINE. THEY TOLD ME THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF THEM CASHING IT... WTF MY BANK DOES.. THEY DONT KNOW WHOS CHECKS THEY CASH..UNREAL. SO NOW THEY WANT ME TO RUN AROUND AND FIGURE THIS OUT. I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FCC. I WILL BE TAKING YOUR ADVICE AAND FILE WITH THE BBB AS WELL... THANKS...HEATHER-OHIO
Aa
  1st of Jun, 2010
Before I make my complaint known. I would like to suggest to everyone who HAS to use GTL, to get together and form your own communication provider "company". I'm not sure what the process is, but it looks like anyone can start up a communication provider service.
Instead of putting out money to RIPOFF companies such as GTL, we should form our own and instead of charging "an arm and a leg" for the service provide, a low rate would be charged with an option to buy stock in the company.
So, if someone knows anyone who would know how to get the thing started, let it be known.
Now for my COMPLAINT.
My fiance called me and I had to set up an account of $25.00 in which I was only able to talk to her for a total of 8 1/2 minutes. Can you believe that!!
IT COST ME $25.00 for 8 1/2 MINUTES !! WHAT A RIPOFF !!
There has to be a better and cheaper way for people to call and talk to those who are incarcerated.
Ma
  8th of May, 2011
The rates are to high, when you have a problem you talk to a machine not a person. Iguess they know they have a lousey company.Istill have money on the phone they won't let me talk to my son.
La
  28th of May, 2014
I can no longer deal with the deceit and trickery of this company!Each of us needing the services offered by this ONE AND ONLY company are already enduring trials and tribulations. We are dealing with too much already, both emotionally and financially, to be subjected to this unbearable and unreasonably thieving company! Last time I checked monopolies were against the law. We have no choice but to deal with this company and so they get away with there bad business dealings!

Global Tel Link Logo Global Tel Link