Global Tel Link / Fraud and scam
GTL has several times said they do not allow 3rd party services to connect their calls because it does not comply with all department of correction regulations. This is incorrect. All the 3rd party services strictly adhere to the requirements of a land line, the number's owner information being readily available, and the phone call can be recorded. No where does it state that the service offered by the 3rd partys cannot be use, yet they use this excuse over and over again to insist that an individual use only their services. This is a monopoly on the service therefore they are able to charge whatever they please with no repercussions. Of course they only accept pre payment.
If I were not to use a 3rd party service, the cost would be $17 per 15 minute phone call. With the service, it is $2.48 per 15 minute call. I was successful in using such a service for 1 month before my account was block and 70% of my deposited funds were suddenly depleted despite minimal phone activity. I will not let this go. If there is to be any class action suit, I would be EXTREMELY interested in going to court over this.
I encourage everyone to file a report with the federal trade commission with specific complaints of over charges. Additional, I will dispute the payment from my credit card. instructions on credit card protection is also outlined on the FTCs web site.
More Global Tel Link Complaints & Reviews
- Global Tel Link - I work at Global Tel Link 
- Global Tel Link Prepaid Services - Customer Service 
- Global Tel*link - Inmate phone calls not put through 
- Global Tel Link - cell phone prepaid calls 
- Global Tellink - Terrible service! 
- Global Tel Link - inmate call 
- Global Tel Link - phone company: calls from correctional facility
- Global Tel Link - stolen payment, unethical, uneducated "reps"
- Global Tel Link - Depositing money in account which does not service certain prisons
- Global Tel Link - customer service