Global steel Holdings Limited / Non-payment of salary of expatriate

Alakbang close,
Ikoi, Lagos.

Sub: Non-payment of salaries and pending dues by Global Steel Holdings Limited

Dear Sir,

I had worked with Global steel holdings limited from last three years. On receiving the termination of contract from GSHL vide their letter dated 15 may’08, I came from India on 23 rd may’08 to settle my pending dues with my employer GSHL. I reported to Mr. Mukesh Aggarwal GM (Finance) GSHL in Lagos and he assured me that he would release my full & final payment. He promised me nearly 3-4 times and in this process I spent more than 45 days in Lagos. In this respect, I also requested our High commission of India to intervene and he also requested Mr. Mukesh Aggarwal, GM (Finance) to release my payment but they had release only 60% of my full & final payment and in this process my cerpac card and re-entry visa both expired by 10/7/08.

Prior to expire of my re-entry visa, I had requested you vide my letter dated 08/07/08 and subsequently you granted me a visiting pass for 30 days to settle my dues with GSHL, but it is regret to state that even after long follow-up, GSHL has not paid my full dues and they deliberately delaying in my payment.

Also, I am very surprised to note that GSHL is still bringing the expatriates from India though they are incapable of paying their salaries.

I have exhausted all my money and I have no money to go back to India. I am highly feeling depressed and humiliated with the attitude of the management of GSHL hence I request you to look into the matter and try to help me to resolve the issues with the management of GSHL and also warn them to release my payment immediately.

With Regards

(NIRAJ KUMAR JHA)
Passport No F2336354
Nationality- INDIAN

Comments

• Mu
      12th of Nov, 2008

All your salary and other dues have been duly paid in to your bank account. You are trying to misled the people. I hope you will abstain from such activities. All the due documents have also been submitted to authorities. Hence you are requested to meet above authorities as soon as possible.

Mukesh Agrawal

• As
      23rd of Jan, 2009

What about the fate of hundreds of other employees whose salaries have not been paid for over two years?

• Al
      24th of May, 2009

We agreed fully with Niraj Kumar Jha. Same situation we are facing in GSHL Libya since January, 2009.

Till date we all have 06 months salaries pending + 2-3 years LTA pending + Incentives pending of the year 2008 for 140 employees.

All employees are so much frustrated due to this unfair approach of the top management of GSHL Libya.

We have given written complaint to the office of Ambassador of India, Tripoli (Libya), in the month of March, 2009 and requested her to intervene to solve our problem. No positive action has been observed till the date.

All Harassed GSHL Libya Employee
    Date : 24th May, 2009

• Ex
      16th of Jun, 2009

ISPAT group is the worst group.No one should join the group or i will say the the people who are already working with this group should quit immediately.One day they will face same problem.
    This group is so third class group that they are not paying amount of insurance to the family of the person who died.
    shame big shame

• Kd
      15th of Sep, 2009

Dear All
    It is fake organisation.
    I have raised this issue to Our Hon President, Congress leader Mrs.Sonia Gandhi, Cong Gen Sec Rahul Gandhi and Minister Mr.Vayalar Ravi and Indian Embassy.
    For last two years i am struggling, still my dues not settled.
    More than 100 eomplyees has victimised by this orgn.

It is not problem with PK Mittal and VK Mittal, it is thier management practise.
    Also loop hole and support from our government officials, for this mis conduct.

With best regards
    Saravanan
    9902080492

• Nn
      19th of Sep, 2009

Dear Sir
    I too worked for GSHL in Nigeria Delta Steel co, I was frusted there because the salories are not regular, some time it was lagging for 6 months, so it has become difficult to run the family expenses, so I left the organisation
    in Mrch 08 but till date I have not my dues, many reminders were sent by mail and by phones, but no result
    after losing hope posting my concer, I donot think this may help as many people have posted there concern
    but no out come .

• Nn
      10th of Oct, 2009

Muksh Agrawal why you are misguiding the media I can bring hundred s of your ex employees whom you have not paid there due, why do you cheat people or is this way you work and you have been told to
    do so, as you know there is no truth in what you are saying, you know there are two types of thives
    1 who steal money from pocket and another is PK Mittal who steals the labour and do not pay, You are cheating the poor people God will cheat you, I have great faith in God that He will punish you in his own way,

• Gu
      18th of Feb, 2010

These type of companies should be taken over by International Authorities and/or respective Local Governments seizing all rights and assets of the directors. Why you people don't approach the international courts.

• Qu
      7th of May, 2010

I know many employees of National Steel Corporation, Phillipines, which is now under Global Steel Holdings Limited, who are not paid salaries and dues for over 10 months. They have quit in frustration and working in Gulf

• Do
      12th of Jul, 2010

I disagree with Mukesh Agarwal who is claiming that all the employees separated or resigned have been cleared of the Full and Final Settlement Dues.

I agree with the aggrieved with the employees who are suffering the salary delay and there are so many cases like this who have got separated from the organization since more than two years and not been paid the dues.

It seems that Mukesh Agarwal is just a mouthpiece of the company or getting a good company share to say that all the employees have been paid. If so please let him send the account paid statements by the Company.

I have also followed my case through the Ministry of External Affairs and Indian Embassy in Nigeria who are being fed with the misinformation that there are no dues to the ex employees. I am really feeling pity on such people.

I joined Global Steel Holdings Limited in the Ajaokuta Steel plant on 15th June 2005 and was separated from Global Steel in April 2008 when the Concession agreement of Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited was called off by the Nigerian Government. At the time of separation I was on Vacation in India and I was sent a mail that my services are no longer required and my final settlement shall be done in due time. But to my disappointment there has not been any settlement evenif two years have passed since my separation.

Regards
    Ex GSHL

1st of Sep, 2011

Global Steel Holdings Limited is a fraud company. They spoiled the career of lacs of people. They are habitutal to not to pay salaries. They are liable to pay huge money to their employees worldwide. Ispat Industries in India also taken over by JSW. They have long track record of holding the money of vendors also.
    All are advised to be away from this company otherwise they will bring you on road.
    I am one of the sufferer who lost his well settled job and family and till now suffering very badly. Everytime you can not get good job.

• Al