Global Market Research / Nuisance phone call

1 Holywood, Northern Ireland, County Down, United Kingdom Review updated:

Received phone call from "Global Market Research" wanting to send me a "report" of some sort. They said I had filled in some request, which I had not - then said one of my relatives must have, which they had not. When I asked how I would know they were genuine, they said they were based in Grenada, Caribbean Islands. At that point I said I was not interested and hung up! Who are these crooks?

Ar

More Global Market Research Complaints & Reviews

Comments

22nd of Nov, 2008

Arthur, I have just had the very same, they wanted to call be back with the latest hot share tips. I asked them to e-mail me but they insist that they want to call you, sounds like a Nigerian scam in the making to me.I expect nobody has ever seen the illusive report that they allegedely send out??

Anyway its not too much of a nuisance at the moment so I will try to flush them out if they call back, which I am sure they will. They have a name address & phone number from somewhere, no doubt sold to them by a bank, utility or credit card company, or perhaps they found a CD left in a train, plane or back seat of a taxi (next to the brown envelope)!!!

Interestingly I am registered with TPS and never opt in to receive unsolicitored calls from anyone!

6th of Dec, 2008

We've also opted out of unsolicited call but these idiots keep calling back - 6 times today ... I've been nice / rude / abusive and they just won't stop - any advice ?