Global Market Research / Nuisance phone call

Holywood, Northern Ireland, County Down, United Kingdom Review updated:
3.75
Received phone call from "Global Market Research" wanting to send me a "report" of some sort. They said I had filled in some request, which I had not - then said one of my relatives must have, which they had not. When I asked how I would know they were genuine, they said they were based in Grenada, Caribbean Islands. At that point I said I was not interested and hung up! Who are these crooks?
Ar

More Global Market Research Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Jo
  22nd of Nov, 2008
Arthur, I have just had the very same, they wanted to call be back with the latest hot share tips. I asked them to e-mail me but they insist that they want to call you, sounds like a Nigerian scam in the making to me.I expect nobody has ever seen the illusive report that they allegedely send out??

Anyway its not too much of a nuisance at the moment so I will try to flush them out if they call back, which I am sure they will. They have a name address & phone number from somewhere, no doubt sold to them by a bank, utility or credit card company, or perhaps they found a CD left in a train, plane or back seat of a taxi (next to the brown envelope)!!!

Interestingly I am registered with TPS and never opt in to receive unsolicitored calls from anyone!
Ma
  6th of Dec, 2008
We've also opted out of unsolicited call but these idiots keep calling back - 6 times today ... I've been nice / rude / abusive and they just won't stop - any advice ?