Global Gold Credit Card / Fraud and cheating!

Signed up for a trial offer from Global Gold Credit... they offer you a 2500 line of credit to be used on their online catalog. So I thought okay what have I got to lose. I paid the small fee of $2.78 for a seven day trial after which they would have charged my checking account their regular fee. Most of their stuff requires a large down payment so I decided to order something small. I ordered J-lo perfume. paid $9.95 and was charged another 9.95. When it came I couldn't believe it... it was one of those perfume samples you get in department stores for free! I immediately canceled my membership and told the lady I was not going to pay the rest. She did credit my checking account, but I am glad I got out of that when I did.

Ga

Comments

• Je
      6th of Jun, 2008

Global Gold aka First National Gold aka First Plus Platinum aka Firtst Universal Platinum is a total scam. This is the reason the company goes by so many different names. If you look they all have the awarecart.com in their online address. They are a Rip-Off. They make you believe you are paying $2.78 for a credit account, but they hide a bunch of hidden charges at the bottom of the page, most of the time with a size 6 or 8 font. There is not even a checkbox that you have seen the other addon offers. They will automatically charge you for VComm voicemail service and ID Watchdog. So check your accounts, because most likely there are charges there. These products are not even in the Terms and Conditions but hidden at the bottom of the screen, way below the submit button. I believe that all 3 of these things are actually the same company hiding behind other names. I have taken screenshots of all 4 of these sites and I have filed complaints with the BBB and FTC. I promise I will not stop fighting until I see justice for these liars. They use misleading advertising, which will be prosecuted by the FTC. If you feel like you were frauded or scammed by these guys I urge you to complain to the FTC. http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/complaint.shtm or call 1-877-382-4357, or you can also contact Raymond E. McKown, FTC Western Region, Los Angeles 310-824-4325

Oh yea, as I find more of their sites, since they change names and have so many different ones, I will keep you updated.

16th of Jun, 2008

I want to just give some more information that I found online. I was doing searches online and found cash advance sites that are selling the Global Gold Card. I found that if you go to directcashactivationsystemapp.com or livecashtransfers.com they are selling the Global Gold Card on their site for $19.95. All you have to do is check a box. I'm not sure why someone who needs a cash advance would want to pay for that, but it is there. Looks like another scam to me. I then did a WHOIS lookup and found that these sites are owned by idesktopmedia.com. So then I did a search on them and found this http://www.dmconfidential.com/blogs/column/Press_Releases/1858/ . It looks like some company called LeadRev owns iDesktopMedia, which was bought by a company called Selling Source. I did research on Selling Source and it looks like they all do cash advances, and guess what. Selling Source is located in Las Vegas, the same place that Global Gold is located. In other words it looks like these guys are all working together to scam us. I can't believe they would do this to people who are so desparate they need a cash advance, and then sell them a scam credit account.

Keep fighting everyone. I have heard from several of you and read your emails and I can promise that we are being heard!

21st of Jun, 2008

Global Gold Credit, First National Gold, First Plus Platinum, and First Universal Platinum should all be shut down by the federal government. I was scammed by the First Plus Platinum site. I thougt I was only paying $2.78 but there were a bunch of fraudulent charges added to my credit card that I never agreed to, no matter what they say. I love how generic the names of these sites are so that it is hard to find them online. They want to hide.

I think the goverment should look into VComm, ID Watchdog, LeadRev, iDesktopMedia, and Selling Source because it seems like all these companies are conspiring to rip off as many people as possible for their own gain. Add me to the list of another person that will keep fighting until these scam artists are brought to justice. I lost over $300 in total charges to these theifs.

• Sf
      15th of Sep, 2008

[url=http://www.soso-hotel.cn/jinjianginns.htm]锦江之星[/url] [url=http://www.bjfenghuo.com]磁翻柱液位计[/url]

16th of Sep, 2008

After doing some research because I felt like I was ripped off by these guys, I found this site (as well as many others) and I realized I wasn't the only ones tricked. I will start by saying that I did purchase this, but they hid many of the costs and used very diseptive advertising to fool me into paying for many other things that I agreed to.

First off, if you look at the second page of the sites they opt you into 2 other monthly fees that are never mentioned in the Terms. They put this information way under the submit button so most people will never scroll down to ever see it. This is borderline illegal and I'm sure at some point the FTC will be knocking on their door. You think you are paying $2.78 and then you find out they are charging you over $70 a month for 3 different things. When you call to cancel they might cancel and refund 2 of the 3, maybe all 3 if you are lucky. I did not receive a full refund. This is how they make their money. They will also try to talk you into staying with their program because it will help your credit. This is a SCAM and a total LIE. They DO NOT report to the top 3 credit reporting agencies so it WILL NOT help your credit. If they told you on the phone that it will, then they are lying to you. If they told you this you should complain to the FTC. If they do not give you a full refund you should complain to the FTC or the BBB.

I've done alot of research on these guys because I spent hours on the phone, had to deal with my credit card company when I went over the limit and was charged extra fees, and they still didn't refund my money after it is obvious their site is a total lie. They offer you "Credit" but charge you twice as much for the product, you pay up-front the full price, and then finance the rest. Why would people do this? Well, they don't realize when they sign up for the site. Even if you cancel they still get your money for the ID Watchdog and the Vcomm voicemail they charge you for. No matter what they make money while tricking you into believing that you are getting credit. Then they will tell you it will help your credit, but it WILL NOT help your credit score.

To show you how tricky they are, they recently changed the name of their company. On May 30, 2008 they bought the vantexgroup.com (Vantex Group) and that is their current marketing site. This is how they pay their "affiliates" which are really spammers and website owners that direct traffic to their misleading products. Well, before May 30th, they were know as Vertek Group (vertekgroup.com goes to vantexgroup.com). They changed names to try to hide from all the people they ripped off. They also changed their domains. They used to all use the domain awarecart.com, but now they all have new domains. And why would you need so many different sites if you are trying to build a good brand of credit. It is to hide who they are so the complaints don't pile up. Eventually the FTC, BBB, or FBI will figure out the tactics these scam artists are using. Here are their current sites: First Plus Platinum Credit - firstplusplatinumoffer.com; Centennial One Platinum Credit - centennialoneplatinumoffer.com; AWBC Platinum Credit - awbcplatinumoffer.com; Global Gold Credit - globalgoldcreditoffer.com; First National Gold Credit - firstnationalgoldoffer.com; First Universal Platinum Credit - firstuniversalplatinumoffer.com.

They really messed with the wrong person. When I feel like I have been taken advantage of, I make sure let everyone know. Not to mention I am very internet savy so it really didn't take me too long to figure all of this out. I have also made my complaints to the BBB and FTC. I encourage everyone else to also do so. I've seen this info on other posts http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/complaint.shtm or call 1-877-382-4357

• Na
      12th of Oct, 2008

I just wanted to thank everyone for posting these comments. It made me really think twice before digning up for this rip off, though I was already quite leary, I knew it was for their site. I did not know of all these hidden charges as there are really no clearly posted terms!

Sites like this make decision making easy. Thanks again and I wish you all the best of luck in getting these scams off the market and putting this company out of business.