Global Gizmos / Order Cancelled with no refund

1 Mono LodgeWarrington, England, Cheshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

Dear Sir/Madam,

On 30/1/09 I purchased a 'Garmin 50 forerunner' watch from Global Gizmos Ltd. I used my credit card to purchase the sprots watch. The cost was £61.
However, the company said my order was cancelled and I should contact my credit card company. In short the sale had gone through their system. I have emailed the company on three seperate occasions regarding a refund. Sadly, I have recieved no reply.

Hopefully you can help.

Yours Hopefully,

Tommy Wallace,
19 College Farm Glen,
Newbridge,
Kildare,
Republic of Ireland

Comments

• Ro
      4th of Mar, 2009

I have also had the same problem with Global Gizmos. Bought a Garmin Edge 705 with european map totalling £324 by debit card. They took the money then sent me an e-mail saying the order had been cancelled and to contact my credit card company for a refund. Their customer service is via e-mail only and they do not reply to any.

Not sure on how to proceed now, any advice?

Rob Gilroy
    2 Juniper close
    Tycoch
    Swansea

• Av
      19th of Mar, 2009

They went bust, it seems. Just received some mail in the post which I don't understand, but seems like liquidation to me.
    [censored] them, they still took my money too. (Edge 705)

• Ca
      20th of Mar, 2009

They also took my money (£51) - had a lot of too-ing and fro-ing email wise. They stopped taking calls just after Christmas and any email response i've had has just been a complete lie.

Do not touch this company with a barge pole - i believe their website is still up and running but at checkout now displays the message:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

DUE TO A TECHNICAL ERROR AT OUR PAYMENT GATEWAY, WE ARE CURRENTLY UNABLE TO PROCESS NEW ORDERS.

WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE.

PLEASE CHECK BACK WITHIN THE NEXT 24-48 HOURS.

Which is obviously another lie they should just fess up and shut down.

Cath

30th of Apr, 2009

Great, I am in the same position, they took my order after Christmas and money and have responded to one email saying they were waiting for the product, a Garmin GSC10 cadence sensor, they not responded to any subsequent emails demanding refund.

Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

ADVICE TO OTHERS IS DON'T USE THESE PEOPLE

Andy

• Cw
      14th of Jun, 2009

It appears to be 1 big scam!!! I had a similar experience with these fraudsters... Ordered Garmin SatNav online, paid for it and then heard nothing from the company. After 1 week i followed up to be told that the product was on back order and as soon as they received the delivery, they would send 1 out to me... I am still waiting :( The last few times i have phoned their customer service number, i get the same message "our lines are currently closed". It is terrible that some terrible people are willing to just take your hard earned money and think nothing of the consequences... ###! If anyone has any advice on how to pursue this bogus company, please post details here.

GLOBAL GIZMOS - DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!

15th of Jun, 2009

I am pursuing a refund through my credit card compnay. When I went on the website it stated that Global Gizmos were no longer trading although the domain had been purchased by an electronics gadget retailer in the same area. Call me suspicious but I won't be using them.

As for getting any legal recourse against this company not sure.