Global Discovery Vacations / scam alert

This company is the worst vacation club I have ever worked with. I tried to use a star week and emailed and faxed the request in October. I tried to contact again several times because I wanted to vacation in May. The company finally called back after we spoke to the manager and then I got a call saying there was no availablity about a week before my specified date! So on top of paying the monthly fee I had to shell out 1300.00 for a vacation rental that year. Now I'm being sued because I refuse to pay for a service that I didn't get. Not even an apology or some kind of compromise. I WILL not recommend this company and further more am going to court because of the harrassing calls I get at work and home.

Tr
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Js
      2nd of Feb, 2016

My problem with Global is you have to book 13 months in advance in order to get what you want. you can't even book eight months out because you won't get what you want. We like beach front when we go and they don't offer that many. Very limited like I said unless you book way a head of time. They need to increase what they offer.

• Pi
      6th of Nov, 2010

I must say that we have been pretty happy with Global so far ( 3 years ) having gone on several vacations, and our children have gone on a few. I have no negative comments, the office is still operating and I get returned calls to my inquiries. I would sign up again knowing what I know now. There are two sides to every story. As long as you give the notice of 60 days off-peak and 120-peak, you get what you want!! Do not call two weeks before the vacations and think you are going to get something!! You guys, YOU PAY $159 FOR THE ENTIRE WEEK!! GIVE THE NOTICE!! That is not a bad catch for the money!!

• Am
      30th of Oct, 2010

Hi,

My name is Jason Rzucidlo and I am the Owner & Web Designer of AmericaJR.com. I received lots of complaints about the Global Vacation Network so I decided to do some investigating. I encourage you read and comment on these articles before attending a GVN sales presentation:

http://americajr.com/news/globalvacationnetwork0314.html (You can also view all of the documents you will be required to sign in a PDF file)

Many of the GVN offices will show you a phony BBB rating that is not their true rating. Always check BBB ratings at www.bbb.org.

Secondly, GVN is offering huge prizes like Lincoln Navigators that are impossible to win. They are only giving away 1 and your chances to win it are 1 in a million. So if they told you that you won one, you probably didn't.

Good luck in your travels.

Jason

7th of Oct, 2010

Trevor

I am the Operations Manager for GCI. I would be happy to assist you with our travel membership. You are more than welcome to call me directly at (913) 660-7780.

7th of Oct, 2010

Antony and marjaypen

My name is Eric Stout. I am the Operations Manager for GCI. I would be happy to assist you with your membership. Please call me at (913) 660-7780.

• Bl
      22nd of Sep, 2010

If anybody needs assistance with the Global Discovery Vacations membership. please email me @ themacmail@yahoo.com.
    Global is a great company with thousands of very satisfied users. Rated A+ by the BBB. If you have an issue with the gifts offered by promo marketing companies, please contact the marketing company that contacted you, Global does not have an internal marketing department. I can help you!!!
    Thanks and Godspeed.
    Michael C.
    www.globalreppro.com
    themacmail@yahoo.com

22nd of Sep, 2010

Odermaore

Please call me at (913) 660-7780. I would be happy to go over the membership with you.

• Rf
      5th of Apr, 2010

Hello,

I too was ripped off by this aweful lying/scamming "company". Please let me know if you ever are able to cancel your contract, or if there is a class action lawsuit against them coming up...I would LOVE to join in on this! I NEED my money back, I REFUSE to continue to pay and be ripped off...and I'd like to help others avoid this scam in the process! Please email me at rf620@hotmail.com soon! Thank you!

• Ca
      30th of Mar, 2010

I am also being harrassed for payment from Global Discovery Vacations. I can no longer afford to pay for something that is a luxury, and have repeatedly told them to PLEASE cancel my contract. They refuse and threaten.

My one vacation to Hawaii was less than luxurious. The accommodations were old and outdated, which I'm finding out that most of the GDV properties are.

PLEASE, if anyone has information on a lawsuit against this company let me know.

Myra Byarm
    Charlotte, NC

1st of Sep, 2009

We also have had very poor service with Global. The travel agency is not helpful at all and the accomodations for our first trip were wholly disappointing. After dealing with them for almost a year, we have decided they are just a scam. Huge waste of money on our part and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.