Global cell network / GSM Promo

I recieved the sms 'you have won 450000 pounds from gsm mobile and asked to claim for the same by sending email to global.cellnetwork@gmail.com. They are asking for all details about me amd my bank details.
Is this a fake promo?

Am

Comments

• Mi
      14th of Nov, 2008

Yes this is a fake promo.

Please note: if you recieve anything stating you have won a lottery or sweepstakes in a foriegn country it is a scam to get into your bank account and bleed you dry. Why is this,
    1)it is illegal as a US citizen to participate in a foreign lottery.
    2) did you sign up for such a contest, if not then it is obviously a fake.

19th of Nov, 2008

I received the same SMS on my mobile too, couple of days back!

Thanks for posting this out here, Amit.

And, thanks for your clear guidance, Mike.

22nd of Nov, 2008

even i have received such mess from GCN of winning a lottery of 4, 25ooo/= pounds. i have taken advice from hutch, who advices to ignore such sms.

• Im
      23rd of Nov, 2008

im from india i received a sms on my mobile to claim 425000 gbp. on email webcell001@live.com
    so i claim on that email for money then they want my full address n name birth date means all information. to send money.
    so please tell me what to do .its geniune or what? company name is global cell network.please reply soon

• Go
      24th of Nov, 2008

I'm from India. I received a message from GCN LTD UK few hours back to claim 425, 000 gbp on email. They want my full identification.
    Now i would like to know whether it is safe to stay in contact with those messages?

• Ra

Hi all,
    I am Raj. One of my friend anand got the same mail.He sent me phone no. I called the person and told him that I am Rahul Arora (its a fake name).
    I told him that I got the massege. he congrulated me and asked me to submit more information.
    I asked about authencity and recognition. He gave me website address which is not working. then I told him that IAGR donot provide any licence. he said if you want the go for it or just ignore.
    He also said that before getting money, you have to pay 620 GBP.
    I think its cheat but i am not sure. Tell me whether you guys have same experience or was that different one?

24th of Nov, 2008

i got a similar mail and i called up the person. when asked for the identity he just asked me to follow the instructions in the mail. but i don't remember the instruction askin for any money. i think if there is any demand for money then we should not take any chance. it is a hoax and no body should respond to such mails.

24th of Nov, 2008

i got same sms on my mobile cell, i send a mail to global.cellnetwork@gmail and after all formalities i was ask to make a payment which i did pay. unbeleaveable i receive a call from my bank, that huge amount has been deposited in by global cell. am very happy to share my experience

• Ta
      25th of Nov, 2008

hey i just need to know about GCN is this all true and they are askin about my details what to do, and what is this thing is this all fake ? i have replied through e-mail and they are giving me reply and guidance too

25th of Nov, 2008

Is this a fake promo?

• Pr
      26th of Nov, 2008

Hi,
    I got an sms from global cellular that I have won 450, 000 GBP and they need my details. I sent them my bank account number and my address. Later I tried to find on net regarding their presence and authencity. So I went on google and searched for Global network and came across this scam. Is this scam or anything else. I also called that fellow on number given below:-
    GLOBAL-CELLNET

Our Ref: Notification of Transfer/Payment Mode
    RE: PRIZE MONEY VALUED AT #450, 000:00GBP
    So what should I do now

26th of Nov, 2008

i have received sms that you have won 4, 25000:00 GBP. THEY SENT CLAIM & AFFIDAVIT FORM TO SENT BACK TO GET ADDRESS DETAILS. WHAT SHOULD I DO FURTHER? IF THEY DEMAND BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS, SHOULD I GIVE THEM BANK DETAILS?

THEY HAVE GIVEN BELOW ADDRESS.
    MID CITY PALACE A 40 HIGH BOL BORN, LONDON UNITED KINGDOM
    TEL-+44 703 594 7630 FAX NO- +44 871 256 2512
    EMAIL- WEBCELL@LIVE.COM

CAN YOU CHECK THIS ADDRESS & PHONE NO&FAX NO INFORM US THAT IS THIS RIGHT OR [censored] ADDRESS.PLEASE GIVE US FEEBBACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THANKS
    MANISH PATEL

• Kr
      11th of Dec, 2008

Hi,
    I got an sms from global cellular that I have won 4, 25, 000 GBP and they need my details. I sent them my bank account number and my address. Later I tried to find on net regarding their presence and authencity. So I went on google and searched for Global network and came across this scam. Is this scam or anything else. I also called that fellow on number given below:-
    GLOBAL CELL NETWORKS

RE: PRIZE MONEY VALUED AT #4, 25, 000:00GBP
    So what should I do now

• As
      18th of Dec, 2008

I am ASHOK from INDIA. I recieved a mobile message from GSM MOBILE on 20th oct 2008 at 03:03:57 hours as "Congratulations your mobile number has won you 450000 pounds io this year gsm promo for claim call +44703431809596, for email global.cellnetwork@gmail.com. Next I called that number. The person named "KELWIN SMITH" received my phone and congratulated me and advised to contact mail.
    I Contact him through my mail and given all details in claim form, i e adress, I D Proof scanning, bank details, pass book scanning copy also, after he given two options for transfer prize amount, 1, Opening an account in CHASE BANK PLC, LONDON, FOR THAT PURPOSE NEED TO PAY 1950 POUNDS. 2, SENDING 598 POUNDS FOR SENDING ALL DACUMENTS AND APPROVED CHEQUE WITH HARD COVER POLOCY TO MY ADDRESS BY COURRIER SERVISE.

I asked him for 2 nd option and that amount will deduct my prize amount, He replied that is not possible amount will not deducted with out your remitance prize amount is insured. Then i not replied many days after 1 month i contact him to agreed for payment and asked detais of PAYMENT.

He replied me and given his local agent address and PAN N0 FOR MAKING PAYMENT OF 630 POUNDS FOR AFFIDOVIT FEE.

I am not not made payment and asked any previous prize winning person details and his local agent phone no.

He is not agreed to give phone numbers, and sent me desclaimer form london court and asked me to fill it and sign up and return back. I send the same scan copy. After 1 week i asked him by phone about the details. He said "PROMO PROGRAMME IS OVER YOU WILL NOT GET MONEY BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT CLAIMED"

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO KINDLY ADVICE ME IS THIS ALL CURRECT ARE NOT.

• Ab
      24th of Jan, 2009

THIS WEBSITE IS OBSULUTLELY FAKE THIS CREATION OF G S M MOBILE CHEATERS

28th of Jan, 2009

Hi, i too got the same sms. And without having good consultancy and enquiry i mailed them asking their details. They also replied me to fill the claim, affidavit and payment form which was mailed by them for my each response. is this fake?

• Ha
      12th of Feb, 2009

I am Harikrishnan from chennai (INDIA),

I am also winning the gsm promo winning prize 450, 000 pounds,
    after all verification taken by GLOBAL CELL NETWORK by Mr.Kelvinsmith
    He will send the airway bill copy to me
    also my parcel is waiting for customs clearence in DELHI

But he told i will pay the amount (3635 pounds) 230, 000 INR for
    customs clearence
    after i will receive the parcel at my door step,

Please guide me,
    and give the details of anybody receive the prize from GSM PROMO

I will waiting for your helpful reply.

• Ra
      23rd of Jun, 2009

HI TO ALL

I AM CHETAN FROM. I ALSO GOT AN MESSAGE IT A WORLD'S BIGGEST FAKE GAME.

DON'T BE MISGUIDED.

IF YOU WILL PAY THE AMOUNT THEN AFTER THEY WILL CUT ALL THE CONTECTS T YOU.

AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ANY LEGAL ACTIONS.

IF YOU GOT ANY LOCAL AGENT,

I ADVISE YOU TO COMPLAIN IN POLICE
    AND TOOK THEM UNDER POLICE INQIURY.

IF THEY ARE CHEATERS DONT FORGIVE THEM AND TRY TO ALL THE WAY TO PUNISH THEM. BY COURT OR POLICE DIPARTMENT.

• Ni