Global Advertising / Scam and mispresentation!

1 367 S. Rohlwing RdAddison, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 630-6206100

I was skeptical about a name as generic as 'Global Advertising' from the beginning, and my suspicions were confirmed from the moment I laid eyes on their building. From the windows that face the parking lot you can see stacks and piles of binders, papers, and other miscellaneous crap pushed up against dirty windows half hidden by cheap blinds. I drove all the way from Glenview, dressed to impress and if I could do it over, I would have turned around and never called. The place is a pit - you would think that if this company wanted to intrigue their potential employees, they would at LEAST keep the entry wall free of frantic black scuff marks and maybe consider mopping the floor once a year. The receptionist was just perfect for the setting; when I arrived she said hello while gabbing over a personal phone call, handed me a sheet to fill out, (this was basically a standard Mcemployment application and I found myself asking, 'What was the point of the resume?' Girl after girl came though with that same, 'I'm a sucker' look on her face, sat on a leather sofa and picked through the Mt. Everest of magazine piles strewn over a smudgy coffee table.

The lady who finally interviewed me never inquired as to why I was nearly an hour early, in fact, she asked if I had trouble finding the place. 'Oh, you mean this closet nestled between an awning manufacturer and your alternative pseudo company dubbed with an even more creative 'GQ' decal?' Don't go OR send a resume to these people. They are a prime example of a graduate assembly line company that pitches whatever you want to hear and then sends you out all day long to sell pocket knives and hand-held gambling games to people eating lunch in a south side Wendy's.

Now that I think about it, those scuff marks must have been from all the people like me who got a running start for the door.

Va

Comments

• Sh
      20th of Nov, 2009
    Global Advertising - advertising scam
    Newfoundband Music Store
    Gander
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    Canada

A company claiming to be Global Advertising calls and claims we owe them money for advertising on the internet when in fact we have never requested any advertising. They can't give us a clear example of what they do there and they claim to have voice authorization over the phone which they cannot produce for us. The number always comes up as private and so we cannot call them back and they have declined to give us a company address or phone number.

• Al
      20th of Nov, 2009

Go to the Free Resources at DirectComplaint.com and add your number to the Do Not Call Registry!