Glendale Kia - Los Angeles, CA / It was pure bait and switch!

Glendale Kia 2242 San Fernando Rd. Los Angeles, Ca. 90065

I responded to an internet car sales ad placed by this company. I made an appointment to see the car, telling the salesman I had no choice but to bring my sick son. After an hour drive with traffic, we were told the car was damaged by a move earlier that morning. I was offered another car to see, it was more expensive and in a different color. The manager walked me to another lot to see the damaged car I really came to see. It looked like it had been sitting for weeks outside, with the windows open. This car also did not have a sunroof as advertised.The manager (Edwin Manasaka), offered to have the car driven to my house when it was repaired. When I got home I checked the same internet ad and the original price was raised by several thousand dollars and a time limit of midnight for that price was in small print at the bottom. I called Edwin Manasaka and he told me he could not be held responsible for anything his company did. It was pure BAIT AND SWITCH.

Comments

• Ju
      10th of Aug, 2009

If this is true, it has to stop! I called once about an ad...and traveled a long distance to see the car - a white RIO model. When I got there the car was indeed there, but it was stick shift. I use only Automatic. They could have told me; I could have asked. Both the dealer and myself weren't thorough enough. Was this a "bait"? No, not entirely. But it is true that NOT telling certain things is tantamount to not telling the truth. And, it is true, that I, the consumer, was not savvy enough to ask for the automatic. In my enthusiasm, I just assumed it would be automatic. Assume = making an ### of U and ME!

Neutral on this one.

I ended up buying a Spectra EX from them -- guesswhat? -- for the price of a lower model / RIO!

The came after me as I walked out, not satisfied with the year's RIO sound systems... offering me a Spectra at the same price... After some misunderstanding and some friendly haggling:

I got a deal.