GlassesUSA.com / Glasses

NJ, United States Review updated:

Review of GlassesUSA: #[protected] (placed on April 1, 2015)
In April of 2015 I ordered and paid $374 for two pair of glasses (progressive prescription glasses and progressive prescription sunglasses) both pair were using the plastic tortoise frame style called Depp Tortoise. They arrived at the end of April. In early May the Depp frame on my regular glasses cracked while sitting on my face. The frame just went ‘tink’ and it was cracked. I called USAGlasses up, they took information and asked for picture and then agreed to send me another pair of glasses. These arrived at the end of May 2015.

In July of 2015 my ‘new’ frames cracked. Again they were simply sitting on my face and went ‘tink’. I called (and emailed) GlassesUSA once again. I said I wanted another pair of glasses, but not those frames. They said they would be happy to do that, but I would have to pay an additional $83 dollars as the original warranty had expired. (Their ad says 365-Day Guarantee, but if you look closely, it’s really more like 3 months) Anyway, I was already tired of the whole process, plus during this time I had to use my old glasses with the old prescription, so, I paid up and my new glasses with different frames arrived in early August. And then the Depp frames that held my sunglasses cracked.

To me it was clear that the Depp frames were flawed and now felt that what I was owed was a new pair of sunglasses in different frames.

I have gone back and forth with GlassesUSA for the past 4 months. They have pictures of all three pair of the Depp frames that have cracked (all cracked in a period of 5 months) and I have spoken to several reps - once I was told that I absolutely should get a pair prescription sunglasses for free and that it would be taken care of… when I called later to check on the progress, I was told that there were no glasses coming because I only qualified for a store credit of between $124 and $83… that amount has changed in months I have been complaining because… I don’t know why. If I apply that credit to the cost of the least expensive frames they offer as well as the cost of my progressive lenses, I STILL have to pay out of pocket.

Three Depp frames all crack in 5 months and I have to pay ??? Spend you money elsewhere. (Oh, I epoxied the cracked the Depp sunglasses frames so I would have something to wear while waiting to get the issue resolved and… they cracked again… in a different place)

Re
Mar 02, 2016

Comments

• Re
      Jun 03, 2016
    GlassesUSA.com - Eyeglasses
    1752 August Road
    North Babylon
    New York

GlassesUSA.com is HORRIBLE!!! RUN!!!

I purchased a pair of glasses from GlassesUSA.com that seemed fine until I wore them. I got a good deal for progressive frameless $168.00. Unfortunately the glasses caused me to be dizzy and off balance and i couldn't focus. They were horrible. I sent an email request to GlassesUSA.com to return them and received template responses "One of our return agents will get back to you within 2-3 business days". Yet GlassesUSA.com says at there website that they have a 14 day return policy. After waiting a week with no response from GlassesUSA.com returns dept. I returned the glasses - and a week later still no refund or response. CRAZY. This company - GlassesUSA.com is a ripoff! They are crooks. RUN RUN RUN do not buy your glasses because if you have a problem they will not respond - they will not give you a refund. DO NOT BUY GLASSES FROM GLASSESUSA.COM. RUN