Glamour Shots / Prices

1 8001 OBTOrlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-438-0220

I took my Daughters (twins) to Glamour Shots to have their pictures taken for their 17th birthday. The pictures were beautifull! I cried when I seen them, the pose, their clothing (which they brought with them) their make-up, their hair all of it made them look like they stepped out of a modeling book. When it came time to find out the price we nearly fell off our seats, It was over $7000.00 for their photos! No one in their right mind would pay that much! So we alimitednated some photos two different times and the cost was still in the thousands. We had to pay for $90.00 for the touch up on the only picture we got one 8x10. One free photo for two people. What rip off this place is! Word of mouth is the best advertizement and believe me I will let hundreds know what type of place this is. This whole ordeal made me feel like I am a bad Mother for not checking this place out more!

Do

Comments

• Mi
      25th of Aug, 2009

I too went to the Florida Mall Location this weekend with my husband. They told him the photos were $45.00 per sheet so he and I decided to take the photos. They lied to us and at the end wanted $7500.00 for the photos. They are not honest at all. They gang up on you and push you to buy photos. They tell you that due to memory space they cannot store the photos. My husband asked for one evening to think about it and they told him no. He made a comment and said to the manager- "I feel like I am at a car dealership." I felt so badly after the photoshoot that I swore I would never walk into that place again. They are a rip off. They make you feel glamorous then you walk out at the end feeling terrible. What a horrible experience. I was so stressed that I felt terrible the rest of the night. What a horrible Saturday and what a waste of 6 hours.

• Mi
      25th of Aug, 2009

I am speaking to an attorney about Glamour Shots deceptive business practices to file a class action law suit. There are so many locations saying and practicing the same scams. If you read the complaints there are so many with the same complaints.

• Un
      3rd of Jan, 2011

I made a Glamour Shots appointment after receiving a free sitting and 8 x 10 photo. I decided to call and get some pictures taken. I should've known this was not going to end very well when they asked me for a "deposit" to hold my appointment.

A week later I'm heading into the appointment, very execited. I have curly hair so i asked them if they wanted me to do the work for them and straighten it before going in. The woman said "oh no we can do it for you". What a bad idea, if you have a time limit for the amount of time you want to spend on someone's hair and makeup, do not tell them you will take care of it. They rushed thru my hair and makeup, the store mananger even came back to do my hair at the same time i was getting my makeup done, really the place was empty they could have very well taken their time. Since she was rushing in doing my hair, she BURNED my ear!

Moving on to actually taking the photos. The photographer was not bad, the only complaint is, aren't these photographers supposed to tell you if you look good or not, you know stand up straight smile, smile don't smile?

After taking all the photos, I had to wait 45 minutes for them to get the pictures ready. Here's where I should've just walked out. When I first got there I saw a couple going thru their photos alone and taking their time. The manager wouldn't let me go thru my photos alone and I even asked about it all she had to say was "no we go thru with you". Really? So we proceeded to go thru my photos and I asked about pricing and wanted to see a pricing sheet and she would not let me see anything on paper. Odd but I moved forward. She showed all the poses and I could tell she was just trying to make a sale because I clearly did not look good in the photo with a kiddy hat and she was " oh you look great, doesn't she look great". I feel like I was being rushed and bullied into a sale. Still I stayed because I figured what I don't like they can just GLAMOUR TOUCH it up. All I really wanted was the 8 x 10 and that was it, but she kept telling me different things about deals she can make me. I noticed she had a clip board that had the prices on there and when she noticed i was looking at she said" thats not supposed to be in there" and put it away. I told her I wanted to think about it and I didn't have the money. Her solution was a glamour shots credit card, thinking i would not be approved she got me a credit card. Great. Now down to pricing, $1000s to get a few poses so she kept adding poses and saying I can give you this for this and that. It started off at $600 and when she did all her calculations it went up to $1200, and at that the touch up i actually wanted was going to be EXTRA! I was rushed and I got so many poses that I caved and got bullied into the sale, thinking they are going to come out great so in the end it will be worth it. However, when I left i still felt terrible, buyer's remorse I didnt want them at all anymore.

They did the order and said it will be 10-14 days. Two weeks later, I'm excited to see my work, I pick them up and head home. I get home and it was not what i expected. My 8x10 had a bobby pin sticking out my head, someone couldn't notice that and take a few seconds to airbrush it out? Then I proceed to open my cd, it was even worse then my 8x10, they completely skipped over like 2 poses that were supposed to be touched up and the touch ups they did do were horrible. I didnt have a CHIN in one of the pictures because they airbrushed it out. What kind of company is this that they charge so much for "professional" photos, and you get such unprofessional results? I called they manager right away and told them of my dissatisfaction and all he could say was " you can retake your poses for $10 a pose" since it wasn't "their" fault.

I was highly dissatisfied with this company. It's a rip off and they bully you especially if you are young! Word of mouth is the best advertisement! They won'be getting good feedback from me.

• Ka
      11th of Jan, 2011

GLAMOUR SHOTS IS THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL, CORRUPT COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH! I am so sorry I ever wasted my hard earned money as well as my time with them. Long story short, they are indeed a complete and utter rip off! The company has no regard for its customers. Once they have your money, they don't care if your satisfied with your purchase or not. GOOD LUCK trying to file any type of complaint if you're not satisfied because getting something done about your problem is like pulling teeth. I would strongly advise anyone who even considers going through this so called "company" to BEWARE and do all of your research before spending even a penny on their services. Also, I would strongly advise getting legal representation when dealing with Michelle from their customer service department (919)744-9039, so you do not get dicked around.

26th of Jan, 2011

Wow... I used to work there and feel bad when people would pull out 3 different credit cards to pay for their pictures (I did NOT do sales, just a photographer). I have my own studio, and I understand why they charge so much, it's EXPENSIVE to keep a studio, but the sales tactics IMO make me uncomfortable. I'd rather be up front about my prices with my customers rather than have them come in thinking that they are going to pay Walmart prices and get professional quality... it just doesn't happen!
    It makes me sad that now they're signing people up for credit cards on top of the high pressure. That just seems so wrong to me!

I really don't think that there is anything legally wrong with what they are doing, I just find it morally reprehensible to try and talk someone into buying something that they don't NEED and cannot afford.