Glamour Model Talent / Scam and cheating

I went to Glamour, and they went on and on about how I was so gorgeous and was going to make it to the top in the modeling business. The guy took me into his office and told me that a professional licensed photographer was going to take 70 snap shots of me. I went into his office and the guy really did not seem like a real photographer. I paid $93 and the following week I picked up my photos on cd.

Before I looked at the pictures, the manager sounded like he was reading from a script going on and on hoe my pictures blew his mind and all the top modeling agencies were going to be estatic when they see them. Just sounded all to-good-to-be true. He then told me I would need to create a portfolio, but that required a fee as well.

At that time, I knew it was all just a scam and they just wanted my money and everyone else's money. Random guys, girls, and children came through the doors as first time models. I had just called one day, and they set up an appointment on the spot. Most modeling agencies make you go through a process and you have to be chosen. I should have known that it was a scam, because nothing about their company seems real. Please beware of this agency and do not spend your money on them.

Cl

Comments

• Va
      16th of Jun, 2008
    Glamour Model Talent - Rip off
    Glamour Model Talent
    Phone: 312-3371300
    www.glamourmodeltalent.com

I took my son to Glamour Model Talent because he has a dream to become an actor and model. We saw this man named Chuck who is no longer working there but at the time he was. I personally did not think they would rip us off and I was happy because my son was happy, and my son thought that his dream would finally come true.

My son did two photoshoots with them, and for the first one we spent $85.00. The next one was $385.00 and Chuck told us that if after we took these photos he would start finding my son work. We were promised that he would appear in Wal-Mart commercials and print ads.

It took us a while to pay the money because I am a single parent and my ex husband does not support my son with this. When we finally paid the whole thing we saw Gail because we found out Chuck no longer worked there. Gail said my son's photos were great and to see a woman from Prima Facia which is a company upstairs from them.

When we went to Prima Facia we were told to pay $380.00, so we paid it because it was important for my son. After paying so much money we never heard from them, and we called for Gail so many times but the rude receptionist would always tell us she was not in the office. We saw the owner of Glamour Model Talent.

The owner's name was John Vuolo, he seemed really nice but I knew they wanted more money from us. He was charging us $260.00 for comp cards. We decided not to pay because it was too much and we got tired.

• To
      23rd of Feb, 2009

They are professional and get their talent plenty of steady work. You have to have patience in this industry.

• Ra
      27th of Mar, 2009

We were delighted with the service we received from Glamour. They succeeded in
    finding talent work for my daughter. When problems arose, Glamour were very good at
    finding a way through. They made themselves continually available and were excellent
    to work with. We would highly recommend their talent services.

8th of Apr, 2009

I totally disagree with these false postings. Glamour Model has coached and prepare me to be a better model. They have really helped me both in my professional and private life. The issue of poor confidence can be a great barrier in professional performance. Having used some of their techniques, Glamour suggested I can honestly say that I am now prepared to take on some of the biggest challenges in the talent industry.

• Ab
      8th of Oct, 2009

anyone that has something good to say about them im 100%positive that you have to be on the inside or related to some one that owns the business. In no way is glamour a ligit agency they tell absolutley every breathing body that walks through that door they have what it takes and an amazing look for modeling just so you'll open up your check book and give them a littl ebit of green. They are sneaky lying little animals that will do anything for a little cash. So im almost positive that that was his mother writing those rediculously uplifting post! Please people i know modeling is a tough industry to get into but if your looking to get photo's or whatever do not go to glamour models. You will not recieve anything but a head ache. Trust me your talking to the girl who made close to 27 phone calls about the same comp cards i still have yet to recieve and i dont have anything to show for it but an extremly large dent in my check book. Luckily i save my reciepts so on the good side i'll get to see johns beautiful overly full figure in court one more time. ill be sure to bring a camera to show you all johns most fierce angry face. Work on your poses john because the spot lights on you now, STRIKE A POSE!

10th of Dec, 2009

I have seen jobs go out to models and talent since i been working for them and i actually found a few of the jobs myself to give to john at the agency from talent scouts and casting companies looking for talent so i can disagree with the complaint.

Yes i do work independent contact for the agency however i also own Chicago Music Promotions i work with musicians, bands, Djs and Record Labels in the city and so i know a lot of people and also i work with a lot of people. The other day they sent out 5 models / actors for casting for a upcoming movie. and there has been many more jobs that came thru from what i had seen since i been working for them.

So you pay $98 for a Photoshoot since the photographer is independent contract you are not Paying Glamour Model Talent Inc you are paying for the photographers time, editing and touch up of your photos to make them ready for commercial use, and then yes IF they think you have what it takes or if they need people of your size, height, weight and or anything else you will have to pay for comp card printing and that is it they do not charge you for a application fee and or registration fee like most modeling and talent agencies do and they can get pretty pricey from what i have heard and seen. So stop tripping and be pacient.

• Yo
      11th of Dec, 2009

Um- to all those that are thinking that this is a legitimate agency, there are two things that you should always note-

1) legitimate agencies NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER ask you for money up front- they take money as a commission after you earn it.

2) legitimate agencies NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER insist that you take pictures with their photographers- they accept your pictures, or they say you should get new ones, but they leave that up to YOU. They might suggest some photographers if you ask for them.

3) You should never pay more than $700 for your pictures (from shoot to print) unless you are paying for a really high end photographer. I have pics from industry professionals that have taken pics of celebrities, and they still cost less than $650- and I got five different looks for that price.

If Glamour Model Talent does any ONE of these, THEY ARE A SCAM. Period.