GISOL / GISOL fraud

1 7336 Santa Monica BlvdLos Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (866) 244-7925

I, as well as my wife, have been scammed by GISOL. My account was suspended due to failure to renew the domain despite being told by GISOL (in a response to support tickets) that my status was OK and the domain expiration date was 2009-02-29. In the same email, it showed my update on 2008-02-28! This confirmation followed several emails related to domain registeration as I was suspect.

Now I'm told that my domain is in Redemption and there's nothing I or them can do resolve the situation. Numerous emails on my part to GISOL were responded with the following: please contact admin@gisol.com. I did so and have yet rec'd a response of sorts.

Now part II of my saga. While out of town last week, my (at home) received a telephone call from GISOL. During a discussion (in which she told GISOL's "Sean" that she knew nothing about the web or computers)...she was told that she had 12 minutes to salvage my account...again, she said she nothing, his response was "you have only 10 minutes left"...Then my son spoke to the representative...he was told, "don't you want to help your dad" you only have 8 minutes left to save the site. In the confusion, she agreed. Through intimation and misleading information my wife has been charged $1, 789.20 ($49.95 per mo x 36 months).

Following many many telephone calls, I was able to contact a rep from the billing office. I explained the situation, he told me to go to cancel.gisso.com and cancel the account then follow with an email to refund@gisol.com. He also said there should be no problem. Well he was wrong. Again, I made many many telephone calls to GISOL to discuss both issues. Finally, I made contact with "Adam". He was rude and indifferent...did not want to discuss the problem. He promptly told me that I could not cancel the account and the person I spoke with was from out of the country and not part of the company(?). He told me that if I wanted to sue GISOL (no mention of that action on my part) then he would see me in court. After being placed on hold several times and a telephone call of about 40 minutes, I spoke with some one else who is supposed to call be today. As of yet, no call, am I surprised?

BTW, now my wife new accout(?) is suspended...although, no action other than an attempt to cancel was ever initiated.

I have a major headache from dealing with GISOL, but it seems that is part of their ploy in dealing with consumer complaints. I doubt I have any chance of saving our money or restoring my website.

Th

Comments

• Ge
      31st of Jan, 2008
    GISOL - Deceptive trade practice!
    GISOL
    California

I am moving forward with all the evidence available for Theft by deception. Identity they and deceptive trade practices from this company. They are bad for the industry and have a different agenda than webhosting in my opinion.

• Re
      10th of Mar, 2008

In Dec 2006, I signed up for a 36 month hosting package for around $200 with “free” domain name with “free whois privacy”.
    In Dec 2007, I received an email from Gisol saying my card had expired and my domain needed renewing. I tried updating the expiry date, and adding a new card, but it still said expired. I emailed them, so they sent me a link to a page on gisol.com to pay for the renewal. All looked OK as after inputting my details it went to a page saying thanks for your payment. I realised that I didn’t get a confirmation email for the transaction, so emailed them. I didn’t receive a reply.
    In mid Jan 2008 my website disappeared. I emailed them to ask why. At 0130am UK time I received a call from “Aaron”, saying that my domain had gone into redemption and my account had been shutdown. After a lot of obviously frustrated talk, I agreed to opening a new account which would cost me $42 for 3 years. HE confirmed several times that $42 in total would be all my card would be charged. He also said afterwards that I would receive a refund of $87 for the original contract.
    He directed me to a page where I could sign the new contract. This is very difficult using a mouse or a touchpad. Anyway after about 4 attempts, which he said was because Visa wasn’t accepting it, he said it was ok, then put the phone down!
    I got an email immediately saying thank you for my payment of $718.20!
    I rang my bank immediately after the phone call. They were very sympathetic, but said they couldn’t treat it as a fraud case as I had done business with them in the past and supplied my card details to them. A dispute was filed with Visa International. What Gisol replied with to them and my bank is total and utter FRAUD! I also, like another person above, have proof to prove that it is fraud. I thought that they were pretty watertight, the way they have everything covered, with contracts and verbal agreements etc, but I believe they are getting a bit desperate about the amount of chargebacks they are getting and haven’t really thought through what they are doing this time. It’s NOW going through the Fraud Dept of my bank and Visa International. I hope the evidence is stacking up and they get sent down very soon. It can only be a matter of time.
    I did the usual like emailing, ringing, trouble tickets etc but of course no help/reply. My domain didn’t come out of redemption as they said they would, and of course it was owned by them, not me. I’ve managed to get it back now which is a relief, as I have paying clients advertising on there. I temporarily ran my .co.uk version, but it wasn’t ideal as search engines listed my .com version. It’s been down for about 6 weeks while the redemption/deleting process went through. I managed to get snapnames.com to get it back for me the instant it became available.
    I can only urge everyone affected to dispute/chargeback the charges, report them to as many agencies (LA Attorney, California Attorney, FBI IC3, Federal Trade Commission, BBB, local police, press, TV etc etc etc) as you can.
    Don’t be scared. Let’s do it and get them sent down!!!
    I have now received the full charges back from my bank and they are passing the fraud details on to the police.

I've now started an anti-gisol website called: http://www.report-gisol.com

• T3
      16th of Jun, 2010
    GISOL - sahdy business practices
    Gisol
    Los Angeles
    California

I've been with GISOL for over five years. There were a few outages but they had an easy to used contact interface and those problems were quickly solved. Last year things began to change. They shut down my website and demanded that I pay $59 a month because I was using to much bandwidth. Of course i had to pay for three years up front. Suddenly several months later they shut down my website again. It is a business site and we derive part of our revenue from the site. Gisol knew this and knew they had us over a barrel. This second shutdown was caused, again, by using to much bandwidth. Of course this was just a big lie but I had to pay them $4, 000 to get the site back up and for three years of "unlimited" hosting. I now knew that the site would be shut down again and I would be extorted in a few months for more money. Of course they owned my domain name, we all know that story, and I decided that I must buy it from them. I called and they quoted me a price of $1500 plus 15% plus another $300 they said they had to pay to their registering company (this $300 was a total lie as I found out later they had to pay them 0). A total of almost $2300. I agree. They said I could not use a credit card (wonder why) and I had to go to their bank and wire the money into their account. They told me the domain name would be transferred in 5 days. Guess what, it was not transferred. Through a series of fortunate phone calls and emails I was lucky to get a sympathetic person at their registry to contact them. After seven weeks they transferred part of the domain into my name. PLEASE READ THIS: There are three parts to a whois domain name listing. The registrant, the admin and the tech contact. All they transferred was the registrant not the other two which meant they still controlled by domain name and I could not move it from their server and still had to pay them. A bunch of dirty rotten crooks. Please be warned about buying your domain name. Through another series of fortunate incidents I was able to go around them and have everything put into my name. I am convinced if I had asked them to put me in as the admin and tech they would have asked for another $2300. The domain is mine now and I have moved the website to a company where I get the same unlimited package for $9.00 a month versus the $159 that Gisol extorted me for. Please be warned. I lost $6300 from them. I looked them up and they have lost over 700 clients since Jan 2010. Their policy, since they are not getting new business (suckers) is to extort money from their existing clients whose domain names they own. My nightmare with Gisol is over and I've learned a valuable lesson. I'm just lucky I got my domain name from these crooks and liars.