Gisol, Inc / Fraudulent Debit card Charges

1 7336 Santa Monica BlvdLos Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-244-7925

Ordered One year internet hosting service from this company for $94.50 per year
My invoice stated $94.50 but was charged $1078.20 after several attempts to rectify this, I was forced to contact my bank and submit an affadavit for dispute of the charges on my card.
This company does not respond to my e-mails or my phone calls other than to tell me to contact them by e-mail
I have notified the California Attorney Generals office and filed a complaint and also filed with the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office
I belive this company is involved in a fraud perpetrated over the internet
DO not ORDER anything from them.

Comments

• Ge
      28th of Jan, 2008

I am filing agaisnt Gisol corporately and personaly. You should file with the Da's office. Iff you need a contact and aform let me know. That caused my daughter toNOT be to GET her REQUIRED medicaine for her blood disease today becasue they took $1800 from her debit card when she only orderd the $7.95 mothnly hosting website. There is a long deep trail

• Re
      10th of Mar, 2008

In Dec 2006, I signed up for a 36 month hosting package for around $200 with “free” domain name with “free whois privacy”.
    In Dec 2007, I received an email from Gisol saying my card had expired and my domain needed renewing. I tried updating the expiry date, and adding a new card, but it still said expired. I emailed them, so they sent me a link to a page on gisol.com to pay for the renewal. All looked OK as after inputting my details it went to a page saying thanks for your payment. I realised that I didn’t get a confirmation email for the transaction, so emailed them. I didn’t receive a reply.
    In mid Jan 2008 my website disappeared. I emailed them to ask why. At 0130am UK time I received a call from “Aaron”, saying that my domain had gone into redemption and my account had been shutdown. After a lot of obviously frustrated talk, I agreed to opening a new account which would cost me $42 for 3 years. HE confirmed several times that $42 in total would be all my card would be charged. He also said afterwards that I would receive a refund of $87 for the original contract.
    He directed me to a page where I could sign the new contract. This is very difficult using a mouse or a touchpad. Anyway after about 4 attempts, which he said was because Visa wasn’t accepting it, he said it was ok, then put the phone down!
    I got an email immediately saying thank you for my payment of $718.20!
    I rang my bank immediately after the phone call. They were very sympathetic, but said they couldn’t treat it as a fraud case as I had done business with them in the past and supplied my card details to them. A dispute was filed with Visa International. What Gisol replied with to them and my bank is total and utter FRAUD! I also, like another person above, have proof to prove that it is fraud. I thought that they were pretty watertight, the way they have everything covered, with contracts and verbal agreements etc, but I believe they are getting a bit desperate about the amount of chargebacks they are getting and haven’t really thought through what they are doing this time. It’s NOW going through the Fraud Dept of my bank and Visa International. I hope the evidence is stacking up and they get sent down very soon. It can only be a matter of time.
    I did the usual like emailing, ringing, trouble tickets etc but of course no help/reply. My domain didn’t come out of redemption as they said they would, and of course it was owned by them, not me. I’ve managed to get it back now which is a relief, as I have paying clients advertising on there. I temporarily ran my .co.uk version, but it wasn’t ideal as search engines listed my .com version. It’s been down for about 6 weeks while the redemption/deleting process went through. I managed to get snapnames.com to get it back for me the instant it became available.
    I can only urge everyone affected to dispute/chargeback the charges, report them to as many agencies (LA Attorney, California Attorney, FBI IC3, Federal Trade Commission, BBB, local police, press, TV etc etc etc) as you can.
    Don’t be scared. Let’s do it and get them sent down!!!
    I have now received the full charges back from my bank and they are passing the fraud details on to the police.

I've now started an anti-gisol website called: http://www.report-gisol.com

• So
      7th of Oct, 2008

My story is like another people with gisol ( $1798.20 fraud) . I have a good gift for gisol company (looooooooool)

30th of Oct, 2009

My stories with GISOL.com are too long to be told here. Please check my forum, which I have devoted to publishing my stories with GISOL.com.

• Bh
      10th of Mar, 2010

It's now March of 2010 and Gisol is still at it. Fraud, refusal to respond to customer complaints, extortion. Now they're in the thousands per customer.