Giselle 3 seater swing / No refunds given whatsoever

7 Abdon Close.Bennetts Green, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:
Phone: 02 4948 4555
I Purchased 3 seater swing, as a Gift. We realized it was too big for area, so we did NOT open the box. I tried to get a full refund, as I have the receipt and the box is unopened, but was told by Harvey Norman, "they do not sell goods, to give refunds" for whatever reason. I tried to talk to manager, but he was rude.
I phoned head office and spoke to a polite lady and she said she would ring store for me and get them to phone me back. I hadn't heard from store for several days, so I phoned the lady back and she said she would ring the store again. Several more days passed, before the manager phoned and said he would take the swing back, BUT, there would be 20% cancellation fee. That amounts to $99.00. I think this is "highway robbery", as I know he will re-sell the swing for the original price. Do consumers have no rights with Harvey Norman ??? Can anybody help me to get a FULL refund ? I will tell everyone, not to buy from Harvey Norman and tell them about this problem.

Comments

Newcastle
New South Wales
Australia
Phone: 02 4948 4555

I purchased a 3 seater swing, as a GIFT. It turned out to be unsuitable for area. We did NOT open the box and I have the receipt, but was told " Harvey Norman do not sell goods, to give refunds, for whatever reason". I tried to explain the situation, but was rudely told, that is their policy and there would be no refund given. I phoned Head Office and spoke to lady there and she said she would ring the store and get them to phone me back. They didn't ring back, so I phoned this lady again and she said she would ring again and get them to ring me. Several days later, I did receive a phone call from the store manager. He said they would take the swing back, but there was a charge of $99.00 (20%) for cancellation fees. I think this is "highway robbery" and told him so. Do consumers have any rights here?
Please help me to get the FULL REFUND, I believe I am entitled to.
Sa
  30th of Jun, 2009
Whos fault is it for buying the wrong size item in the first place. They do have the right to actually not return the goods that you purchased on the provision that the information they gave was correct and also the product does not have a fault. If you sold some one a car and they brought it back saying its too big for there garage would you return it? Its your fault for not checking what you were buying. Harvey Norman follow a strict guideling of what they can and cannot do and you complaining is for no fault but you own. And yes they also have the right to put ur cancelation fee as a store credit or charge you a repacking fee (if it has been opened) to cover the costs of ur stupid actions.